Management Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Which CRM for a SAAS company?

We're struggling to find a CRM suitable for ourselves, a SAAS company. When customers sign up for trials, we want to be able to keep a record of their progress with prompts to call or email them...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Igor K
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Actionable ways to create a company culture where everyone believes more in the idea than getting a paycheck?

What are some actionable things a founder does to create a company culture where people are motivated by the vision, and not just getting paid?Also, what are some resources you'd recommend reading...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 19:25
Blank
Bernard Childs
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to get feedback from employees on your management skills?

Similar to giving employees a performance review, how can you get honest feedback on how you are doing as the CEO? Very few would give open advice, fearing offending you at best.

asked May 23 '14 at 15:10
Blank
Michael Hardaway
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Free tools for managing employees and hours

I am creating a service (PC maintenance) business and I need a tool for keeping track of which employees are available at what times. This data needs to be exported or otherwise accessible by a web...

asked Dec 1 '13 at 07:25
Blank
Joachim
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Setting unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder?

Is it better to set unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder or realistic ones?I have a feel that deadlines are like revenue goals -- you have to set the bar really high in order to get...

1 Votes
1 Answers
Best way to give constructive criticism to designers?

What is the best way to give constructive criticism to people in creative roles? That could include designers, copywriters, etc.I know most designers are numb from getting color / font change...

asked Apr 17 '14 at 21:41
Blank
Joan Stacy
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to stop being a micro-manager to my employees?

All my employees are contractors. Some are on ODesk, some are direct.How can I groom new contractors into being more independent and work with goals? I want to avoid constantly micro managing...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 12:37
Blank
Clifford Harold
45 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Top 5 skills a management consultant should have?

What would you say are the top five things key to being successful as a management consultant?

asked Mar 7 '14 at 18:36
Blank
Eric Rodriguez
30 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
As a CEO, is it better to be loved or feared to maximize productivity?

Does being too friendly with your employees create too relaxed of an atmosphere which makes it tough for you as a leader?

asked Feb 4 '14 at 18:37
Blank

1 Votes
3 Answers
Best piece of advice to be an effective leader?

What's the single one best advice you have received or can give to a new founder to lead their troops? Both my co-founder and I are introverts (engineers by profession) and now will be hiring our...

asked Feb 5 '14 at 09:51
Blank
Anisha M
31 points

-1 Votes
0 Answers
What is the most effective way to receive business management feedback?

What is the most effective way to receive business management feedback? So you can constantly check yourself and improve.

asked Nov 17 '13 at 06:12
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
The use of forced distribution methods for performance management, are you against it?

I am wondering if I should implement this in my company later on, but I found some controversial informations on internet about this. What do you think about forced distribution methods?

asked Sep 22 '13 at 15:31
Blank

9 Votes
7 Answers
1.91K Views
Is there hope for this worker, or should I just get rid of him?

I made arrangements for a recent college grad to come in and help us out with some part time development as an independent contractor. The guy does decent work when he's here, but he rarely can...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 02:23
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
How to work online with employees staying outstation?

I run a small travel startup based in a remote town where it is hard to find skilled personnel or to get people to shift here. For this reason, I am planning to hire someone in a nearby town/city...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 01:55
Blank
Vaivhav
32 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
How to make people take initiative?

We are in a bit of a rough situation here. We have a team of 8 that seems to be committed to what we are doing. Most of them have full time jobs. Our start-up is more like a part-time or side thing...

asked Aug 6 '13 at 16:47
Blank
Noah
138 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Freelance subcontractor used to be great, but now becoming less responsive

About a year ago I started working with a remote subcontractor, who has done some really great work for me since then. It is an ongoing project, and he has been very responsive and easy to work...

asked Jun 6 '13 at 22:19
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
How to charge a client for outsourced work on hourly contracts?

I run a small web development company. I take on a few clients and do much of the work myself. Typically I build e-commerce shops or basic wordpress sites. Sometimes the development is beyond the...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 19:42
Blank
Start It
18 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Can a management consultant work like a doctor works?

this may sound strange, but I had this tought recently. As you know, we visit doctors, they diagnose us and advice us how to get cured and in sometimes, the doc does the job. It may take hardly...

asked Jun 21 '13 at 04:21
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
Can I train a programmer from internal staff?

I have a person on staff who has been doing a lot of admin type work: support, billing, etc. I am thinking that I will want another programmer (PHP/MYSQL/etc) in the next 6-12 months for some new...

asked Apr 9 '13 at 01:27
Blank
Simon
165 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Micromanaging partner

We are a start-up working on a few projects and trying to build some strategic products alongside. This is a 3 member partnership setup with a development team of about 15 people. One person, let's...

asked Mar 5 '13 at 13:28
Blank
Muthu
159 points