Productivity Questions

31 Votes
12 Answers
11.5K Views
How to manage time remaining from main job?

I have a paid job and it takes most of the daytime. After that I am back home and when all the home things are done there's a couple of hours left for startup work. Quite often I go to bed at...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 21:46
Blank
Art
350 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.44K Views
Are Google Docs or Zoho good internal knowledge-base solutions for a startup?

I've seen wikis, sharepoint, version control systems, and plain-old file systems act as knowledge-base solutions for company employees to share information. Has anybody used Google Docs (or Google...

asked Sep 12 '10 at 15:23
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

26 Votes
11 Answers
17K Views
What personal productivity / time management / motivational tips & tricks do you use?

What little tips and tricks do you use to try and be as productive as possible each week plus be as motivated as possible? Here are a few I use: I will schedule meetings that normally would be an...

asked Feb 7 '10 at 07:43
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
Daily goal tracking for small teams?

How do you manage tracking daily goals for your team?Our team is a distributed (all 4 of us are in different states) so currently just send a group email at the end of each day stating what was...

asked Jul 2 '14 at 19:10
Blank
Edward Haley
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.64K Views
I get a ton of startup ideas. How to decide which one to work on?

I'm constantly getting startup ideas. It's always been a problem for me as I often lose focus on the current project and want to jump ship onto the next idea which has me excited.How can I decide...

asked May 1 '15 at 11:57
Blank
Kristen Becker
12 points

15 Votes
11 Answers
13.3K Views
Zoho vs. Highrise vs. Salesforce

I am looking to finally implement somekind of CRM here, as it get's more painful to run business without it. At the moment Zoho or Highrise seem like solutions I can consider. We're using Google...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 02:43
Blank
Alex
262 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Setting unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder?

Is it better to set unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder or realistic ones?I have a feel that deadlines are like revenue goals -- you have to set the bar really high in order to get...

asked May 8 '14 at 14:07
Blank
Anthony Talley
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
How to tackle an overwhelming task that you can't wrap your head around?

What are some ways to execute on a massive, overwhelming task (like marketing, for example) when you are a solo founder with no employees and no resources?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Michael Milne
4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.16K Views
Allow alcohol in the office? Why are most startups in the bay area are doing it?

I have visited quite a few startups in san francisco and the bay area and saw a growing trend... booze. And lots of it.When I visited Yammer I saw engineers drinking scotch at their desks while...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 18:46
Blank
Joseph Styers
60 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
What are your daily habits / hacks that make your more effective in business?

Apart from just exercise and eating healthy, what are some your daily hacks that make you more productive or successful in running your startups?

asked Feb 18 '14 at 10:07
Blank
Paula Hall
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Increasing the rate at which a startup gets things done

How can I improve the rate at which as a startup a group of 3 people get things done? We are a group of 3, and have a few web apps that run in a mostly automated fashion. But improving on these...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 19:05
Blank
Khuram Malik
104 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Can anyone recommend a multiplatform shared calendar for team of 7?

I am looking for a shared calendar which works via Outlook, iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Web browser which will allow separate coloured entries for each user each person must be able to see each...

asked Jan 11 '12 at 22:56
Blank
Chris Dowdeswell
131 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
Joined a startup to learn about starting up. What should I do now?

I joined a startup mainly because I want to startup myself and I thought the experience would help me. But in the few weeks since I joined, I have been just understanding my team's code and done...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 05:01
Blank
User14058
30 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
How to go ROWE (result only work environment)?

Even though we are a startup and heavily leaning on result-only work environment model, I noticed it's really hard to do this correctly, we still do have core hours and so many similar stuff and so...

asked May 1 '11 at 16:29
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Instapaper for videos?

I love instapaper (read later or any similar tool ), My question is who's going to do it for videos? Imagine that you see a video but want to watch it later, you click your bookmarklet (browser...

asked Feb 6 '11 at 08:41
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Pros and cons of FatFreeCRM?

What are the pros and cons of using FatFreeCRM? It appears to be a lightweight, open-source CRM package. What important features in other CRM packages is it lacking? How difficult is it to...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 05:27
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
What it takes to be a "nimble" startup?

Having worked in a startup since the mid 1990s, the most evident advancement in starting a co. or launching your idea is that the cost barrier to entry has been drastically lowered. Infrastructure...

asked Feb 27 '10 at 09:20
Blank
Gesco
71 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Got a question for David Allen?

We're set to interview David Allen (GTD**) Wednesday. If you use the Getting Things Done approach, what question would you like me to ask David for you, re being most productive when founding a...

asked Feb 8 '10 at 11:45
Blank
Bob Walsh
2,620 points

11 Votes
12 Answers
8.61K Views
CRM / lead management software?

Can anyone recommend CRM / lead management software? We have a bunch of customer leads, and managing them using a Google doc is getting unwieldy. We are looking for an inexpensive solution,...

asked Nov 14 '09 at 10:17
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points