Video Questions

1 Votes
7 Answers
7.57K Views
Server costs for video startup

I've been going over some of the posts here regarding server costs but couldn't really find any information specific to my needs. I'm planning on creating a mobile app that deals with users...

asked May 21 '12 at 05:40
Blank
Zipper
6 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
11.9K Views
Need to create a professional Demo / Video Tutorial for my Software Application

I am creating a desktop application and i'll need a video tutorial / demo for the app, to put on my company website. The purpose of the video is to obviously explain how to use the program, but to...

asked Aug 2 '10 at 15:39
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Intro video vs just having an illustration with text?

Which is better for explaining your product on the homepage? There is a trend of having videos above the fold on the homepage that explains your startup.Maybe I'm biased by my own usage patterns,...

asked Jun 11 '14 at 18:40
Blank
Timothy Lund
12 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
4.66K Views
What's the best way to integrate video without using bandwidth on my website?

I have a Social Networking site for a niche market I need members to be able to view and upload content My members content is copyrighted therefore in no way can the content be available to the...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 11:41
Blank
Jodi W Von Oettingen
19 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Should you make an intro video for your startup even though most visitors don't usually see it?

Is it worth spending money making a video explaining your startup on your homepage? Most startups have a short 1 minute video on their homepage that explains what their business does. Yet only a...

asked May 9 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Thomas Colgan
2 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.6K Views
Revenue Models and advertising revenue

I am new to making/managing websites. Infact, I haven't even dipped my toe in yet. I have an idea with a potential client base in Millions(education related). The content is being provided by a...

asked Nov 25 '13 at 07:07
Blank
Bernard
1 point

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.88K Views
Producing a video - should I worry about my accent?

I am starting a company and want to have a introduction video like this one: http://vimeo.com/43763778 So I want it to be authentic etc. But since I am not a native english speaker, and neither...

asked Jun 15 '13 at 16:30
Blank
user1721135
182 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
I want to make a free video introduction of my client's company. I just want to use images, text and little bit of effects and sound

I want to make a free video introduction of my client's company. I just want to use images, text and little bit of effects and sound. Is there any free web based or anything, by which I can make it?

asked Feb 26 '13 at 04:14
Blank
Anilkumble789
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
How does dotSub make money? Can I find out if it is profitable?

DotSUB allows anyone to upload videos and provides an interface for subtitling them - to anyone. Looking at the subtitles and their timing of appearance, Khan Academy seems to have crowdsourced...

asked May 24 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Aditya Menon
112 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Beta testing free of charge?

Possible Duplicate: Advice on getting early Beta testers I am a representative for Movieggs, a Swedish IT start-up, looking for beta testers. As we are self-funded we do not have the financial...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 18:12
Blank
Joakim Hedvall
4 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Tools for making Video presentation/training?

I have software product and I found myself doing lot's of demos which is not needed. I also don't want to create text manuals. So, my idea is to create video training and demonstration...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Katit
276 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.93K Views
How can I get a multimedia video designed for my company?

In order to build our website we need to create a short 1 minute video about our project similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHhwxvQqxg.

asked Nov 13 '11 at 09:08
Blank
Jay Chag
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Considering time to market, what is best for software product documentation: videos or manuals?

I'm in the process of publishing my product which is ready for beta testing. It has some level of complexity, therefore guidance is required. But I don't want to spend (yet) a couple of months...

asked Oct 10 '11 at 14:48
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Should I use my competitor's videos on my website before scaling?

a bit of background before my question: I've built a video sharing website that is specific to extreme sports, where users currently embed videos from third-party websites like Vimeo or Youtube....

asked Sep 26 '11 at 10:11
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
17.6K Views
How much should a 30 second promotion video for a startup cost?

I am working on my own small startup. We're looking to create a 30 seconds teaser. Very simple, which will have some animation, some text recorded on top of it, and maybe some original custom...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 21:17
Blank
Vondip
584 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.38K Views
Will video replace all images in the future?

In this day and age, images share a peaceful coexistence with video on the Internet. In the future, as download speeds get faster and broadband access reaches all 3rd world countries, is it...

asked Jul 28 '11 at 14:30
Blank
Jo Jo
148 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Which site is recommendable for uploading video?

We are thinking to have an online channel for our videos. Which site would you recommend for this? What I have in mind right now : YouTube Vimeo Brightcove Ooyala Really appreciate if you can...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 14:54
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Crowdsourcing for videos

My partner and I wanted to have a video on the landing page that explains our startup. Is there any crowdsourcing for videos out there? How do usually startups get someone to make a video for...

asked May 22 '11 at 15:21
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
Should I blog with print, audio, or video?

The simplest way to blog is to write text. However, it has become almost as easy to record yourself speaking and post the audio to your blog. The same is true for video. If one was going to devote...

asked May 13 '11 at 13:59
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

-1 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Does Google work with audio and video?

If I put a bunch of time and effort into creating non-text content, namely audio and video, how will Google grasp how to index it? Is there a way to "prep" audio and video so it gets noticed like...

asked May 14 '11 at 01:22
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points