Demo Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
11.7K Views
1-minute video demo for my app. Where to get one made?

How do startups create the demo videos on their homepage? Is there a low cost option for getting one created? Any other tips for demo videos to look out for?

asked Apr 4 '14 at 23:55
Blank
Joann Hardaway
7 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
11.9K Views
Need to create a professional Demo / Video Tutorial for my Software Application

I am creating a desktop application and i'll need a video tutorial / demo for the app, to put on my company website. The purpose of the video is to obviously explain how to use the program, but to...

asked Aug 2 '10 at 15:39
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Including a demo with your pitch email. Good or Bad?

Recently I've been emailing local VCs with accelerator/partner programs (With only "contactus" and no application forms) in order to apply. The mail was the standard small bit a of background about...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 17:17
Blank
User744319
94 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
How should I launch an API demo as an MVP?

I have an API that I would like to launch as an MVP, to gauge market interest. It extracts keywords from text. Goals: Acquire users on my mailing list, so I can market other products and...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 18:22
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
How to convert a pet project into a startup company / product?

I have been in software industry since Aug-2005. In beginning of 2009 I got a nasty memory leak related defect to solve from my employer. To help myself with such kind of errors in future, I...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 23:29
Blank
Iammilind
182 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Full Version Trials or Limited Versions or Both?

Here's a dillema I am having for a desktop java application. Do you offer a full version with a 30 day trial? My concern is that people setting back their time inside virtualizations or somehow...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 08:06
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Using mock data until real users show up

I just beta launched my website and right now there is only one user signed up for my service (it's only been a day and I'm not marketing it yet). It is highly data driven so without much context,...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 01:11
Blank
Jared
31 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
How should one prepare for a screening interview with startup conference officials?

If an individual is contacted by startup conference (eg TechCrunch Disrupt/DEMO/Launch) officials considering about their application to launch at the event, how should the person prepare for the...

asked Jun 8 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Geekette
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.25K Views
Swimming with sharks

I have a software package that works in concert with other systems that are similar to CRMs. (sorry to be vague). Our clients will always have one of the "crm"'s installed and our product bolts on...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 05:06
Blank
Chris Lively
443 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.93K Views
Software for capturing mouse actions

Possible Duplicate: Need to create a professional Demo / Video Tutorial for my Software Application I'd like to create a video for my site that shows users how to use a particular application....

asked Feb 19 '11 at 09:29
Blank
User3462
345 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
3.94K Views
Video demo of my software product?

I need something short, like 1-2 min long video to catch attention of my visitors and highlight the best features of my system. I have an accent myself and would rather outsource the development of...

asked Nov 28 '10 at 15:04
Blank
Igorek
886 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.76K Views
Should we demo with a half-baked product?

I asked this question over on hacker news, but I thought this might be a great place to ask as well. I'm working with an early stage startup, and one of the co-founders wants to demo our mobile...

asked Nov 18 '10 at 18:23
Blank
Jammur
121 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.42K Views
Auto uninstall demo

Let say I have a Demo and Full versions of my software. Demo is like a Full but with some missing functionality. Someone installs Demo, try it and decides to purchase Full version. He downloads it...

asked Jun 24 '10 at 21:46
Blank
Ross
2,288 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Online product demo environment for Windows applications

I'm looking for a way to allow potential customers to try my application before they buy it. The product is a windows forms application that requires an SQL Server database to operate. Although I...

asked Apr 23 '10 at 01:32
Blank
Stefanos Tses
981 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
Letting potential new customers (and competitors) try your web application for free or not?

Let's say a company developed some easy to use web applications: a CMS an eCommerce, etc. Do you think it should place a working DEMO on their website for these applications or NOT? The question...

asked Apr 14 '10 at 07:13
Blank
Marco Demaio
175 points

11 Votes
9 Answers
4.39K Views
Really low conversion rate, what does it mean?

My startup sells a fairly expensive (2500$~) desktop product, we are new in a well-established market and it's been 2 months that we are selling the product. We do have an evaluation request page...

asked Mar 10 '10 at 18:34
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
SaaS for Handling Sales, Demo Requests, Leads, Follow up emails

I know similar questions have already asked but I think we need something slightly different: Capturing user info from our website to the CRM directly via an API Sending welcome, followup emails...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 02:59
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

16 Votes
13 Answers
4.63K Views
Lite Version or Trial?

Our product (desktop software, not SaaS ) price is about $1000. Shall we cut features and release a free lite version or just a trial with all features for a limited time? I see that lite version...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 19:52
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points