Data Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.98K Views
Storing health data

I am working on a bootstrapped side project aimed at digital nomads that lets you input your personal blood test data and track results over time, across countries.My business entity is based in...

asked Mar 28 '19 at 18:37
Blank
Philip Seifi
132 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.02K Views
How do classified ad sites get their initial content?

I've seen "new" classified ad sites have a bunch of listings when they launch. It looks like lots of ads has been posted already although the website was just launched.Same is true with dating...

asked Jun 2 '15 at 05:13
Blank
Michelle
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
How to overcome this business fear?

I am a techie, now creating few amazing text extraction tech(yes, few of them are world's first related to web data). I am full time into it, and still I do not have any problem going opensource if...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 21:26
Blank
Akshayb
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Where to find data to determine talent pool in a location

Good evening I'm part of a startup thats looking to move to an area with a decent talent pool of IT professionals, and after surfing the morass that is Stats Canada, I wonder if anyone would know...

asked Sep 21 '12 at 12:48
Blank
Canadiancreed
136 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
New Site ... How do I get New Members?

I remember awhile back watching a video where either David Heinemeier or Kevin Rose started about how crucial it is to start with live data for a new web app. Where's the best place to purchase up...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 20:44
Blank
Dikaio
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Analyse custom data: Business Intelligence Tools vs Programming Custom Tool

I wanted to know what you would recommend for analyzing data in this scenario: We have a web application that requires users to register etc in order to use it. For our further decisions on what...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 22:57
Blank
Luksurious
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Efficiency of demand prediction software

I have an activity, which is very simple in conceptual sense: Exploration of possible demand and extraction of interesting products. Product is considered "interesting", if it seems to be...

asked Feb 21 '12 at 04:58
Blank
Mixo123
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
There are so many things to measure -- what's the best way to keep track of it all?

As a startup, we have to measure web analytics, funnel metrics, conversions, competition trackers, ROI on campaigns, etc. There's lots to keep track of and a lot of different software (google...

asked Dec 28 '11 at 05:30
Blank
Kate G
19 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Data aggregation from hundreds of different websites into one

what would the process be for aggregating data from hundreds of websites into a master database? I would then do calculations on the master data base, then resell. Thank you.

asked Nov 24 '11 at 08:42
Blank
Tony Brattle
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Using mock data until real users show up

I just beta launched my website and right now there is only one user signed up for my service (it's only been a day and I'm not marketing it yet). It is highly data driven so without much context,...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 01:11
Blank
Jared
31 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.07K Views
Where to find Market Data?

Is there a particular place with, or a particular technique to use for finding different kinds of market data? For instance, I want to look up what research has been done on internal...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 20:52
Blank
Roy Dictus
343 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Building a business off of data

I have a collection of tools that collect data. I have heard of businesses selling data. I would like to be able to do something like this. However, I have no idea what a business model around data...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 03:27
Blank
User8311
120 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Do you have a "data-mining" guy?

Right now I'm in the process of bootstrapping a start-up, so I and my co-founder are working pretty long hours. My only source of new information seems to be Hacker News at the moment, but...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 18:54
Blank
Philip K
113 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.92K Views
Collect usage metrics of software

What would be the best way to collect usage metrics of a SaaS software? I want to collect something like logins, clicks and time spent in my software. Are there existing services out there that...

asked May 24 '11 at 18:42
Blank
Sebastian Hoitz
191 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Value of anonymized user trend data

I was wondering how to find out how much the user data is worth for a database similar to Foursquare's? I'm not looking to sell personal user information or email addresses, but more along the...

asked May 5 '11 at 18:08
Blank
Janan Rajeevikaran
76 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Legal issues around selling anonymised data?

I'm thinking of starting a business. It would be a website that would act much like a social-bookmarking site. It would be funded by selling data about websites and this data would be collected...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 18:13
Blank
Dan Waterworth
118 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.86K Views
Hotel booking data

Where do the many hotel booking websites get their hotel data? ie. # of free rooms within certain dates, price per night, etc. Is it possible to get the data somewhere and handle booking myself,...

asked Dec 21 '10 at 09:32
Blank
Ben
118 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.11K Views
Is security a major concern with Enterprise grade cloud storage?

In your opinion or experience, is security the biggest concern when considering offsite cloud storage? I am curious if vendors like box.net offer their cloud solutions with the intention that...

asked Aug 27 '10 at 18:18
Blank
Joe
277 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Does anyone know where to get price data for older comics?

I run a tiny startup that lets you organize and track info about your comic book collection. I would like to add price data to the comics in the database. I think this would be a great feature for...

asked Jul 20 '10 at 01:59
Blank
Donny V
141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
Sources of industry and benchmark information (free or inexpensive)

What are some of the best free (or almost free) sources of updated and historical industry data, analysis, and comparative benchmark information? For example: Restaruant industry average food and...

asked Aug 4 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Smart1 Cpa
171 points