Ads Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.94K Views
How to decide whether smartphone app should be free with ads or paid ($0.99) without ads?

Is there any data (such as from app downloads or consumer surveys) that would help a developer decide whether people (consumers) will be more likely to use (download/install) a smartphone app (iOS...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 18:24
Blank
User25036
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
How to deal with user backlash when adding ads to your content site?

I have a private forum which has grown over the years to now have 10K registered members.I recently added Google AdSense ads to all the forum pages. The ad appears after the first post.How do you...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 17:14
Blank
Richard Baldwin
12 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.02K Views
How do classified ad sites get their initial content?

I've seen "new" classified ad sites have a bunch of listings when they launch. It looks like lots of ads has been posted already although the website was just launched.Same is true with dating...

asked Jun 2 '15 at 05:13
Blank
Michelle
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Is revenue from "Exit Pop-ups" worth potentially annoying your visitors?

I am thinking about using an exit popup provider for users who are not logged in. So this would only apply for one-time lurkers who come from Google and leave.Is the high CPMs exit popups offer...

asked Mar 8 '14 at 14:27
Blank
Jasmin Bender
25 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
How to decide advertisement budget for a new start up company?

We have developed a platform here in India for consumers which they can also rate and review. We also provide latest informative articles, "how to" guides, etc, to educate customers. Now, we want...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 22:13
Blank
Tejash
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
How to integrate promotional code ad network w/ online retailer?

I would like to create a print ad network for online retail advertisers with the following features. The ads will be distributed as posters. The printed ad includes a URL with a link to the ad...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 17:35
Blank
Jason
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
License for open-source project that I'd like to earn money from

I had an idea some time ago for a website. After much coding and banging out the idea, I've got it to a decent stage. If I were someone else, potentially a more commercially-minded person, I might...

asked Aug 18 '12 at 13:09
Blank
Owen Versteeg
11 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
How to pivot to mobile app from website

During the last year I've been creating a niche review site and though the traffic is not quite where I want it to be yet, I believe that I will be the leader in this space pretty soon. My...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 22:56
Blank
Sam
509 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Should I include ads in my new iPhone app?

I have been doing a lot of research and so far most of them say that charging for an app is not a good idea. But what about ads then? Should I include ads in my new iPhone app? Or should I go with...

asked Apr 26 '12 at 15:07
Blank
Jeet Robert
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
International house ads publisher. Why not?

This is not really a question but a muse about what I'm thinking of a better way to monetize mobile traffic via house ads. Yes, I seek your opinions. If I were to have a "worldwide" popular app at...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 20:36
Blank
Killua
68 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.2K Views
Ads cost for an iPad magazine

I'm working on the business plan of a daily iPad magazine project which revenues should mostly come from advertising. I've spent some serious time around (but still maybe not enough) trying to...

asked Jan 20 '12 at 17:54
Blank
Gillesguillemin
3 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Selling Ads Space on website - Terms and Conditions please?

I reserve some space on my website for selling ads and cannot find any Terms and Conditions anywhere on the Internet that I could use as a template. Consulting or hiring a lawyer is off the table...

Ads
asked Nov 19 '11 at 20:47
Blank
Modular
39 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Placing Ads in highly targeted email

I run a mail service for a particular community of users. This email system goes far beyond an occasional email to a basic mailing list - it is the fabric that holds the community together. I would...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 03:38
Blank
Wes
6 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.12K Views
CPM ad services with low monthly minimums?

I am trying to find a service similar to Google Adsense, SolveMedia, or Brightroll. But I need it to pay strictly on a CPM basis. However, I am having trouble finding a service like this that does...

asked Aug 22 '11 at 12:58
Blank
Flipper
116 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Revenues generated through the hits

I have a website based idea, now i want to know how do the websites generate revenues, i now one way is the advertising, but then i heard it from someone who said that it depends on the number of...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 13:07
Blank
Kraken
133 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Any experience with Rubicon Project?

I came across, what seems another ad network, but they claim to be able to optimize and fill your ad inventory better. Does anyone have any experience with Rubicon Project and do they indeed have a...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 12:35
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points