Revenue Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
Educational startups: how do you handle down seasons?

Almost any education related website sees a spike when school is in and then traffic drops off (by over half in my case) when school it out. How do other startups deal with seasonal traffic, and...

asked May 2 '14 at 00:55
Blank
Lakisha Black
14 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.13K Views
How to find the market size, expected revenue etc. for any start up idea? for eg market size of online flash banner creator websites

I have seen many website which create flash banner ads online and you can directly download the customized flash banner, thought it is not a new business idea I feel I can add some unique feature...

asked Aug 16 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
11.3K Views
Can you make money from a Chrome Extension?

Is it possible to monetize a browser extension? The only thing I've seen developers do is add in a donation link. I doubt those really convert into any substantial earnings. Are there any other...

asked Feb 13 '14 at 21:55
Blank
Edward
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
What percentage of revenue should you allocate for R&D for established SaaS companies?

Assuming you have a SaaS company that is already generating over $1M per year in gross revenue, how much of that should you allocate towards R&B and product development?In the early stages,...

asked Jun 12 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Nellie Lee
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
14.1K Views
How do classified sites like Craigslist make money?

How does Craigslist generate revenue when both posting and responding to listings is free? The only category they seem to charge for is the jobs section.Is that enough of a revenue source for them...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 15:57
Blank
Joseph Long
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
I'm building an encyclopedia site. How can I ensure my new startup generates enough revenue?

I am starting a web encyclopedia in Nigeria but my fear is how to generate revenue with this online encyclopedia.

asked May 29 '15 at 22:08
Blank
Hassan Sani
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.57K Views
Bootstrapping: should you pay yourself a salary or reinvest all profits back into the business?

Lets say you are bootstrapping your startup and generating a little revenue. Should you use that revenue to first pay yourself a salary or should all of the profits be re-invested back to fuel growth?

asked May 21 '14 at 16:42
Blank
David Thornhill
17 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
How are startups able to raise so much money these days without a revenue model?

There are so many startups that not only don't generate revenue, but also don't even have a revenue model in place. Yet they are able to raise tens of millions in Series A. Are we in another bubble?

asked Mar 27 '14 at 12:12
Blank
Mark Green
50 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Using donations as a way to make money from your blog?

Does anyone have experience and thoughts on using donations as a way to generate revenue from you blog?If you had very high quality content that people loved, and didn't want to mess up the...

asked Mar 9 '14 at 05:02
Blank
Arnold Cisneros
25 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Is revenue from "Exit Pop-ups" worth potentially annoying your visitors?

I am thinking about using an exit popup provider for users who are not logged in. So this would only apply for one-time lurkers who come from Google and leave.Is the high CPMs exit popups offer...

asked Mar 8 '14 at 14:27
Blank
Jasmin Bender
25 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Selling T-shirts and other branded items a good revenue source for open source projects?

I'm trying to figure out how to monetize my open source contributions on GitHub.Does anyone have any experience with selling branded shwag to people who use your repo?What other ways can I make...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 13:35
Blank
Brian Daniels
45 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Outside private investors interested in my game company

These are new grounds for me so I have a lot of questions. I'll just touch on a few not to overwhelm! I have a new game company and I have a couple interested investors who may invest some seed,...

asked Nov 11 '13 at 10:59
Blank
User1574168
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Projecting revenue from website

I am planning on starting a website(and app) similar to Wikipedia targeted towards specific issue. I want to put ads on the website to generate revenue. How do we project ad revenue? What are the...

asked Nov 23 '13 at 07:04
Blank
User899893
24 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.6K Views
Revenue Models and advertising revenue

I am new to making/managing websites. Infact, I haven't even dipped my toe in yet. I have an idea with a potential client base in Millions(education related). The content is being provided by a...

asked Nov 25 '13 at 07:07
Blank
Bernard
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Estimating ad revenue

How many page views should a website generate to achieve an ad revenue of $1M/year? The site is a general/global news site targeting all types of audience. I am aware that a precise answer can not...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 22:05
Blank
Paul
140 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.42K Views
E-Commerce Terminology and Formulas

I can't seem to find straight answers in my Google searches (perhaps I'm not searching for the correct keywords?) and need some guidance. What are the values in a standard e-commerce system and how...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 05:45
Blank
Cillosis
178 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
How do you test different revenue models?

If you have a startup business that could use any one of a number of different revenue models, how do you go about testing/evaluating each model? For example, you might try: Freemium model vs....

asked Sep 30 '13 at 01:29
Blank
Steve
310 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Partnering with an established company on a revenue sharing basis

I have been building a web service over the last year, and I have recently been in discussions with an established international company, on customising and licensing my web service to sell to a...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 13:24
Blank
Evil Raat
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
other modes of revenue to flourish

There are more than 30000 page views per month to this site. Does anyone know how to generate revenue from it other than the 3rd party ads? Please suggest other ways to generate revenue. My site...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 21:23
Blank
Masterbinoy
41 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
How to estimate a competitor's ballpark income?

I imagine this is a very tricky question but hopefully I can get a few insights here. I am currently wrapping up a personal project (SaaS) that is aimed at a fairly new niche market. There is a...

asked Aug 17 '13 at 17:30
Blank
Silk Admin
106 points