Metrics Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.33K Views
How much does a SaaS customer support cost on average?

For subscription-based B2C SaaS businesses where the business is not charge for the support, but for the subscription. How much does on average customer/visitor support account to? In other words,...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 15:13
Blank
Simpatico
198 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.98K Views
How to measure AdSense revenue for each individual author in Wordpress?

How do I link AdSense to each author to see how much revenue each individual author generates? I'm using Wordpress.

asked Jul 23 '14 at 04:27
Blank
Starrychloe S.
83 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.79K Views
How exactly is DAU / MAU calculated?

I'm reading a lot about DAU/MAU being a good metric for user engagement. But what is a DAU and what is a MAU? For Daily Active Users: Is a user not a Daily Active User if they missed one day in...

asked Feb 27 '13 at 21:17
Blank
Jorisw
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
What metric to measure product managers?

We're building a recruiting and employee management platform (similar to Yammer).The product records and analyzes metrics for each different type of employee so that we can offer employers of large...

asked Apr 11 '14 at 10:41
Blank
Ariel Jacobs
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.42K Views
E-Commerce Terminology and Formulas

I can't seem to find straight answers in my Google searches (perhaps I'm not searching for the correct keywords?) and need some guidance. What are the values in a standard e-commerce system and how...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 05:45
Blank
Cillosis
178 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Performance Metrics for employees in early stage startups

What is a good example of a Performance metrics to be applied for an early stage startup? I find it very difficult to know how people in the team contribute; thus it's difficult to distribute...

asked May 31 '13 at 17:25
Blank
Hiro
63 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.67K Views
What is a good first ticket response time/SLA for B2B Saas?

Up until recently, we used our own messaging system with our application for customers to log tickets and then just email for anyone not a client. We are now trialling Hesk to give us a "proper"...

asked May 31 '13 at 21:13
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.97K Views
How to calculate churn on a product where people just stop using instead of cancelling?

Churn is a nice metric to learn a lot more about your business. But it only works if there is a direct correlation between subscribed users and revenue. How to calculate churn on a product where...

asked Mar 22 '12 at 07:24
Blank
Jan P.
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
How to simply estimate lifetime of a customer in early days of a startup

How do you estimate (simply) the lifetime of a customer in the early days of a SaaS startup? E.g. in the first, say 3 months, you will have a number of customers who have already left and a number...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 22:47
Blank
Ryan
1,365 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Which metrics are more appropriate for landing page?

right know I have an idea that would like to test out and would like to know which metrics are regularly used to understand why people are signing in or not. So far I have just Google Analytics,...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 13:25
Blank
Pdjota
532 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
There are so many things to measure -- what's the best way to keep track of it all?

As a startup, we have to measure web analytics, funnel metrics, conversions, competition trackers, ROI on campaigns, etc. There's lots to keep track of and a lot of different software (google...

asked Dec 28 '11 at 05:30
Blank
Kate G
19 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Feasibility metrics on the cheap

I'd like to track the customer's activities during the week to establish whether the problem I am solving is a minor annoyance or a big pain. My full-time job makes it difficult to do the...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 14:05
Blank
Gili
178 points

13 Votes
9 Answers
5.95K Views
Should we award equity based on specific performance metrics?

My team and I are nearing the launch of our initial product this August. We are wanting to develop a metrics-based system that will be implemented upon product launch that will determine founder's...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 06:27
Blank
Travis Truett
127 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
How can I set up a way to automatically calculate (goal number/new visitors) in Google Analytics

I have set up a goal which will count the amount of sign ups I get on my site. I need to divide this number by the amount of new visitors in order to get my conversation rate. From what I can...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 20:03
Blank
Ben
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How do I calculate conversion rate when users can login from the landing page?

I know conversion rate is calculated as (signups/visitors)*100 but my landing page is also used as the page that users login to the site. Therefore, some of the visitors will be existing users...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 14:13
Blank
Ben
108 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.92K Views
Collect usage metrics of software

What would be the best way to collect usage metrics of a SaaS software? I want to collect something like logins, clicks and time spent in my software. Are there existing services out there that...

asked May 24 '11 at 18:42
Blank
Sebastian Hoitz
191 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
using website stats as metrics

I've been running a small open-source software project for number of years, and a couple years ago I started saving website statistics. Here is a sample: April 2011 -- 26426 page views April 2010...

asked May 5 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.57K Views
How to track customer email support metrics with gmail?

We're using Gmail to field customer support requests. I am looking for a way to track key metrics of how we serve customers: average response time, %% of inquiries left unanswered, customer...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 17:03
Blank
Maxua
155 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
5.27K Views
What are the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for a SaaS Company

I was asked by a potential investor for Key Performance Metrics for our company. What do you think the KPIs are for a typical SaaS company? Here are the ones that I think we should give him: CAC...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 04:57
Blank
Andy Cook
2,309 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
How do you calculate Cost of Customer Acquisition if your dev team does all sales & marketing?

CAC = Total Cost of Sales & Marketing / # of Deals Closed My question is - How do you allocate your total cost of sales and marketing if your development team is doing all the demos, follow up...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 06:07
Blank
Andy Cook
2,309 points