Analytics Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
Can Alexa and Compete traffic stats be faked? How to verify stats before buying a site?

We all know that Google Analytics stats can easily be faked with bots and proxy servers. Which makes objectively finding good sites to buy Flippa very tough.But what about Compete.com and Alexa...

asked Sep 4 '14 at 00:57
Blank
Carmen Unger
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
How do you measure effectiveness of content like white papers, e-books and case studies?

They take a lot of time and effort to create, but how do you know if customers actually look at them? And which parts?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 06:03
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.85K Views
Web Analytics: Identifying referral traffic from sites on HTTPS

As Google, Facebook, Twitter, and other sites implement https the referral data in analytics tools is becoming less accurate, e.g. HTTPS traffic comes with a blank referer and appears as direct...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 07:27
Blank
Webbie
2,835 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
How can I figure out why 'Refuse' Google Statistics is so high?

I have an educational application, and it gains some little traffic from Chrome Web Store and Facebook App listing. But Google Analytic says, that 'refuse' is extremely high - 70%-90%. Refuse -...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 23:47
Blank
Joe Half Face
188 points

-3 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How much equity is normal for a programming VC to take for developing a mobile app?

I'm in the process of developing a mobile app for a niche industry B to C. We have an established brand in 17 countries (hard goods)and significant credibility in our industry. It's not, but as an...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 23:17
Blank
Anonymous
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
How do startups select relevant performance indicators?

Performance Indicators in existing businesses that have a defined business model and market are much easier to identify performance indicators for. Within startup businesses, are there any...

asked Aug 8 '12 at 01:47
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
2.93K Views
Why did Instagram make it over other similar apps?

There are couple of apps similar to Instagram, such as Hipster, Pixl-o-matic, Lightbox, PicPlz & Retro Camera. Why did Instagram make it over the others?

asked Apr 11 '12 at 19:28
Blank
Newton
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Which metrics are more appropriate for landing page?

right know I have an idea that would like to test out and would like to know which metrics are regularly used to understand why people are signing in or not. So far I have just Google Analytics,...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 13:25
Blank
Pdjota
532 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
There are so many things to measure -- what's the best way to keep track of it all?

As a startup, we have to measure web analytics, funnel metrics, conversions, competition trackers, ROI on campaigns, etc. There's lots to keep track of and a lot of different software (google...

asked Dec 28 '11 at 05:30
Blank
Kate G
19 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.95K Views
Writing a Terms of Service for my iPhone app that uses Google Analytics

I'm finding a resource for writing a TOC for my app that uses Google Analytics to analyze content traffic. I don't hire a lawyer and just plan to copy from someone else. Could you please point out...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Killua
68 points

-1 Votes
4 Answers
5.31K Views
Importance Of Alexa Ranking

I'm a newbie blogger and I'm bit confused to see the people craving for Alexa ranks.I've got nice Google PR for my blog.Despite good PR Is it really necessary to build up the site or blog to match...

asked Oct 1 '11 at 20:00
Blank
Internetearner
4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Looking for a tool to find search trends in Facebook

I am looking for an analytics tool à la Google keyword but for Facebook. I'd like to find info about how many people search for X and Y in Facebook search field. Is there anything like Google...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Phil Go20
133 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.16K Views
Can I give Google Analytics data to my customers?

Can I give Google Analytics data from the API as a free gift feature to my customers that are paying for a monthly subscription service? Or would this be outside of Googles terms of service.

asked Jul 30 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Daxon
111 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
How can I set up a way to automatically calculate (goal number/new visitors) in Google Analytics

I have set up a goal which will count the amount of sign ups I get on my site. I need to divide this number by the amount of new visitors in order to get my conversation rate. From what I can...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 20:03
Blank
Ben
108 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
3K Views
Web analytics tool of choice for startups

What is the best (preferred) free and/or paid web analytics tool(s) available for startups? EDIT: Can any free web analytics really compare to a paid web analytics tool?

asked Jun 3 '11 at 05:48
Blank
Sam
509 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
How to redirect to another website with tracking?

Our website promotes a web-based application that's actually on another site (in the ebay.com apps center). When someone hits the "sign up" button on our website, it implements a redirect as it...

asked Apr 30 '11 at 05:07
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How are you using analytics to better understand your market and clients?

There is an increasing amount of data that can be easily gathered about each and every interaction you have with your clients as well as an increasing amount of publicly available information that...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 06:23
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.93K Views
What's the most compact solution for a new website with split testing?

I meet a lot of wantrepreneurs who are very smart but not at all into the plumbing of websites. They totally get concepts such as minimum viable product and split testing, and they want to be...

asked Jan 27 '11 at 20:18
Blank
Jeremy Parsons
5,197 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.1K Views
Real time visitor tracking

I've just started my journey and am wondering what tools do you use for the real-time tracking of visitor activity on the site? I know there are tools like Mint and Google Analytics which give you...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 22:29
Blank
Alg
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Cheap alternative to Performable

I love the concept of www.performable.com however pricing is ridiculously expensive for a small-medium startups. Is there any cheap alternative for Performable? I'm actually interested in...

asked Dec 8 '10 at 06:00
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points