Google Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
17.1K Views
How much do publishers typically pay to run Google DFP (DoubleClick)?

I'm investigating ad serving software. Google has a product, acquired from DoubleClick, called DFP. They've divided it up into a free "small business" version (too small for me) and a premium DFP...

asked May 20 '10 at 01:25
Blank
Joel Spolsky
13,482 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.32K Views
Do links from authority sites that don't relate to your niche count for SEO?

If I get several links from authority sites that aren't really related to my site's topic, would they count towards an SEO benefit? Or worse, could it have a negative affect on my rankings?

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:09
Blank
Sonja Smith
29 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
How does Google index a page that isn't linked from anywhere on the web?

I had a page with an obscure url that wasn't linked from any other page and no where on the web. My sitemap file didn't include this page either.Yet I just saw that Google indexed the page and it...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 20:44
Blank
Mark Christensen
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Can you do negative SEO on your competitors to gain the #1 spot?

For my target keyword I am ranking as #1. Lately I've started seeing strange backlinks (lots of them) in Google Webmaster Tools.I suspect one of my competitors is doing it to potentially screw up...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 01:42
Blank
Kevin Kinder
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.2K Views
Does private whois registration significantly affect your Google rankings?

I have a high quality content site that was consistently growing the last three months. The backlinks are from authority sites.Just a few days after I changed my whois registration to private, my...

asked Jun 23 '14 at 12:28
Blank
Albert Vaughan
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.16K Views
How to find advertisers for a niche that Google Adsense doesn't allow?

I own a fairly popular image hosting site (mostly memes). The content of the site isn't high value to advertisers on Google so my application to AdSense was rejected.How can I find a way to...

asked Jun 25 '14 at 13:10
Blank
Joseph Larson
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it possible to rank high in Google without many backlinks but only great quality content?

How large of a factor do backlinks play in SEO rankings in Google?Is it possible to rank high for moderately competitive terms with little or no backlinks?If I put out great high quality content,...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:25
Blank
Roland Henderson
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.98K Views
How to measure AdSense revenue for each individual author in Wordpress?

How do I link AdSense to each author to see how much revenue each individual author generates? I'm using Wordpress.

asked Jul 23 '14 at 04:27
Blank
Starrychloe S.
83 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.41K Views
How to prevent competitors from clicking on Google Adwords ad units?

We spent a lot of money on PPC ads and lately seeing a ton of fraudulent clicks. After some investigation, they appear to be clicks by competitors. How can we prevent this from happening on not...

asked Apr 17 '15 at 10:10
Blank
Frank Heacock
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.83K Views
Google says distributing widgets that your users can use on their websites is black hat SEO. How to do it in a white hat way?

Matt Cutts, the head of web spam at Google, made a statement that site owners should nofollow any link on widgets they distribute. So apparently this common practice has also now become gray/black...

asked May 27 '14 at 16:26
Blank
Julia Levine
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.77K Views
Running PPC campaigns for competitor's brand names?

I would like to run Google AdWords campaigns with the keywords as my competitor's brand names. Some questions: Is it legal to do so? Would consumers view this negatively for my brand (i.e. would my...

asked May 11 '14 at 18:44
Blank
Yesenia Mc Laughlin
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.67K Views
Is SEO dead for thin sites that deal with affiliate marketing?

Google has made it public in their guidelines that too many affiliate links on a site effects it's rankings significantly.Does that mean sites that are completely about affiliate marketing...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 00:40
Blank
Gary Taylor
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Is link building dead for SEO?

With all the information being dispensed by Matt Cutts and the Google web spam team, is link building soon going to be dead. In terms of not being a prominent factor in rankings?Especially since...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 10:41
Blank
Christopher Arnold
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
My personal blog is buried under social media accounts when I Google my own name? How to get my blog to show up first?

When I Google my own name, all my social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc) show up before my personal blog. What can I do to ensure my Blog gets listed before the social...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 11:57
Blank
Megan Sherman
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.74K Views
In Google's post-penguin update, which is most important for startups to focus on: SEO, content marketing, branding or social media?

Which one of these should startups focus on for the most impact: SEO Content marketing Branding Social media marketing The biggest downside of focusing on SEO first is that almost every month...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 18:57
Blank
Angelina Hall
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
How could Facebook integrate WhatsApp into their business?

How do you see Facebook potentially fitting WhatsApp in their ecosystem?Do you think the market is too saturated for another startup?The current players are WhatsApp, KIK, Viber, Google Voice,...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 11:55
Blank
Joseph Styers
60 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.66K Views
I'm publishing a game on both App store and Google Play. How do I attract users after launch?

What are some of the most important things I should be doing after pushing games live to attract users?How did Flappy Bird get it's traction? All I've read in articles is that the game was live for...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 19:57
Blank
Elizabeth Wilburn
25 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
How much of an environmental impact does Google's buses have?

How many cars does Google's buses remove from the roads per day in the bay area?Also, is a there any company that allows smaller startups to pool together to provide the same benefit to their...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 16:25
Blank
James Guy
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
Bought an expired domain and it turned out to have a Google penalty. Is it worthless?

I purchased an expired domain on Godaddy Auctions for about $1,500 which had quite a few backlinks. I thought it would give me a head start with SEO.I, unfortunately, didn't research the domain out...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 20:55
Blank
Joel Mayes
35 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
How to beat Google at search? DuckDuckGo is the only good alternative and didn't succeed.

With a hold on the search market share like Google has, how would you imagine a company becoming the next search engine giant? DuckDuckGo, a small company, has been trying but wasn't able...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 21:27
Blank
Dominick
16 points