Google Questions

-1 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Does Google work with audio and video?

If I put a bunch of time and effort into creating non-text content, namely audio and video, how will Google grasp how to index it? Is there a way to "prep" audio and video so it gets noticed like...

asked May 14 '11 at 01:22
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

10 Votes
7 Answers
3.47K Views
Is AdSense worth your time?

I never click on any Adsense ad. I hear people say they make peanuts from Adsense ads compared with the time they spend creating content. Today I was reading an eBook called Adsense Secrets 5...

asked Apr 3 '11 at 13:03
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Low Google rankings for my site

I have a website with an integrated Web service (an app for card divination online). Age of domain is already almost 2 years. Naturally, I wanted to make my site popular. First I submit my app in...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 04:35
Blank
Astraport
186 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.81K Views
Is Google inflating the cost of AdWords with all of these coupons they are handing out?

Google occasionally sends me free coupons for $100 on AdWords for the various sites I run. I just blew $100 on advertising on my startup's website. I set the campaign at an aggressive $2 bid and...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 02:12
Blank
Kirk
227 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.63K Views
My Entrepreneurial Spirit

So it comes down to this. I'm not suited to work for someone. I have had an extreme entrepreneurial spirit for as far as I can remember. I need to be doing my own thing, calling my own shots, and...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 11:36
Blank
Gotmssbm
31 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.72K Views
What are some common mistakes made when trying to implement SEO?

I'm no expert in this area, and I've heard that search engines can be very unforgiving when you try to change or restructure things in certain ways. What should I definitely NOT do? Are there...

asked Sep 12 '10 at 03:27
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Knowing what PPC keywords your competitors are using

I was checking out www.keywordcompetitor.com and they claim they can tell you what keywords your competitors are using in their PPC campaigns and organic listings. They can also monitor every move...

asked Jul 20 '10 at 05:40
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
What's the difference between others linking to you and a backlink?

I've been reading up about SEO that emphasizes the importance of backlinks. It appears that I can find out the backlinks by doing a google search using the syntax link:www.mysite.com My question...

asked Aug 21 '10 at 23:39
Blank
User2306
232 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
4.37K Views
Does putting Google Analytics' and Clicktale's code onto our password protected Alpha site expose the content?

We are launching a new site this summer and will have the Alpha version available shortly. We'll be testing this privately with a small group of trusted people before we do our public launch. To...

asked Jun 9 '10 at 21:51
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.29K Views
Merging multiple google apps accounts

We have a few Google apps accounts at domain1.com domain2.com domain3.com Now I want to merge all them together. (All users at all domains are same). However there is a 5 days waiting period...

asked Jun 25 '10 at 18:33
Blank
Shabda
159 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.81K Views
Should I move my business email to Gmail?

I'm battling with this issue for a while. I host my domain at DiscountAsp and although I'm very happy with the hosting, their email web application has some limitations. Basically what I need is...

asked Jun 4 '10 at 03:49
Blank
Stefanos Tses
981 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Best way to structure URLs for SEO?

I am creating a service that help users connect with local vendors in a certain niche. Each vendor currently has a URL in the form: http://example.com/vendor/<id>/<vendor-name-slug> ...

asked May 15 '10 at 04:32
Blank
Michael
158 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
3.63K Views
Is Google Sites a threat for websites' developers?

What do you think? I tried Goggle Sites today, 1) do you know how long it has been out for? 2) do you think is major threat for thousands of businesses that devlop websites (and they don't even...

asked Apr 18 '10 at 23:52
Blank
Marco Demaio
175 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
6.46K Views
How to use the trademarked term "iPhone" in a Google Ad?

Let's say I developed a program for iPhone (which I sort of did) and want to advertise it through AdWords. Currently, Google lets you use the term "iPhone" in the keyword list, but doesn't allow...

asked Feb 3 '10 at 19:43
Blank
Oleg Kokorin
459 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.6K Views
Google Search Appliance (Google mini) for startups

Is Google Search Appliance a good fit for a startup like Stackoverflow (just an example)? How does it fare? I haven’t seen many examples or talk about this device being used in the startup...

asked Feb 9 '10 at 04:26
Blank
Quintin
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Reasonable Max CPC

I'm trying to get some clicks from Google Adwords. I'm quite new to it, what's the reasonable CPC? I noticed that my ads are not showing and I think it's about my CPC budget. To me over $2 CPC is...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 03:21
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Offering Google Apps accounts to customers

I'm starting a business that helps small businesses build and maintain a website. I will be managing most aspects of the website, including domain names and email addresses. I like the idea of...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 02:21
Blank
Jacob
138 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
Google APIs - what's the story with their licensing?

My new build package features a link with Google maps. However, having had a look at their terms and conditions, I am unsure exactly where I stand with integrating their tools within my chargeable...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Dr. Phil
86 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Difference between unqiue user count in compete and google analytics

I use google analytics to analyze the visitors , no of pages visited and other stats for my web site Skill-guru I have also added my site on compete.com . I was looking at unique visitors count on...

asked Dec 26 '09 at 15:04
Blank
Skillguru
344 points

14 Votes
7 Answers
4.01K Views
SEO: Where can I get reliable information about building my website presence and reputation?

Every web site owner wants more traffic. There's an overwhelming amount of information out there about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Some is legitimate, some outdated, much is based on rumor...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 10:05
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points