Fraud Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.41K Views
How to prevent competitors from clicking on Google Adwords ad units?

We spent a lot of money on PPC ads and lately seeing a ton of fraudulent clicks. After some investigation, they appear to be clicks by competitors. How can we prevent this from happening on not...

asked Apr 17 '15 at 10:10
Blank
Frank Heacock
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.69K Views
Can one be prosecuted for issuing blank receipts

I am running this start-up with a couple of other guys and we often write receipts manually and the mode of payments for our shops are not electronic.On a number of occasions,i have had customers...

asked Mar 3 '13 at 04:02
Blank
Logan
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Legal implications of creating and sharing a customer blacklist?

We're creating a marketplace where expect lots of buyers for digital goods ranging from $1 to $10. Now obviously there are people who initiate chargebacks (costs $15!) without even communicating...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 19:19
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

9 Votes
1 Answers
3.37K Views
Fired from startup, vested equity

I was recently terminated from a startup without cause, where I was one of several founders owning a decent percentage of stock. We also had an angel investor (incubator) in with us for a small...

asked Jul 13 '12 at 16:31
Blank
Startup Monster
48 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
What do you do about known payment fraud?

As someone that's sold services and webapp subscriptions online for about 8 years now, I've seen a lot of payment fraud, mostly in the form of signing up with stolen credit card numbers. I've...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 01:25
Blank
Dan Grossman
303 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Fraudulent Software Startups and Misrepresentation

I recently learned of a U.S. software start-up claiming to have a team of professional developers in-house, but in-fact has all of its work done through two offshore companies (one in Eastern...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 02:51
Blank
Mqv
52 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.69K Views
Resources for Identifying Fraudulent, Shady, or Fly-by-night Startups

What ways are there for potential co-owners and equity holders to check up on start-up companies to make sure they are actually established, legitimate and reasonably funded operations?

asked May 14 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Mqv
52 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
12.8K Views
How can you reduce the number of credit card chargebacks for a website selling high value products that are vulnerable to fraud?

From this question on Merchant Account Chargeback Ratios, one answer suggested that websites selling high value items will have higher charge backs because more criminals will attempt to purchase...

asked Mar 8 '11 at 20:27
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
How can a company prevent or protect themselves against post-delivery fraud?

How can a compay selling high-value products protect themselves against post-delivery fraud (including but not limited to returns fraud)? Can we insure ourselves against fraud or somehow pass on...

asked Mar 9 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points