Investment Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How long is the process for an IPO through an Investment Bank?

I am a novice in Finance,and is trying to raise capital for upcoming IPO. As I am a non-accredited investor I would like to know how much time does it take for an investor to raise capital through...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
6.87K Views
Someone wants to invest in my project

Someone wants to invest in my idea. I'm building this project and it's a very good idea. I'm thinking about starting my own company for this project. This person heard about my idea and he is very...

asked Mar 20 '11 at 10:46
Blank
Luka
8 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
3.73K Views
How companies divide company shares between founders and investors?

I came here to ask about: How do companies divide their equity shares among the founders and investors? For example, consider two persons are building a company. Person1 came with the idea of an...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 07:28
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.5K Views
Need opinions: equity, salaries and risk with partners in a startup

Hi all, let me give you a brief run down of my case: a couple of other people and I are thinking about creating a technology startup for a niche marketing product. It would involve an initial ~8...

asked Oct 24 '14 at 06:46
Blank
Awasaba
11 points

14 Votes
13 Answers
257K Views
What are going rates for finders fee?

When trying to raise money, what are the going rates for finders fee? Also, who pays the fee: the investor, the entrepreneur or the company that is getting the investment? Does it change with the...

asked Nov 19 '09 at 23:45
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.78K Views
Should I raise money from investors if my goal is not to get acquired?

My goal is to build a profitable company that generates revenue for years without selling out to a larger company.Since most investors are looking for an exit in 4-5 years after investment, should...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Ronald Block
60 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.95K Views
How long should a pitch deck be to keep the investor's interest?

How many slides should an ideal pitch deck have?What are your thoughts on having some subtle humor to keep the investor's attention span in check?

asked Mar 20 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Teresa Sanchez
135 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Actual paperwork process when an angel wants to invest?

Once I get angel investors who'd like to invest in my startup: What are things that are required of me to have? Do I need an S-Corp or C-corp, etc? What is the exact process that happens?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 14:30
Blank
Carl Church
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.42K Views
Tried and tested businesses that require little to no capital investment?

What are some types of businesses that are known to generate money which require little to no investment to start?

asked Mar 8 '14 at 13:59
Blank
Robert Creswell
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Is it ok to mention you flunked your final university year on an investment proposal?

I'm new to all this, but I've begun looking into ways to seek investment for my startup idea. I've got enough experience I believe and skills to see my idea through development but I'm not sure if...

asked Dec 11 '13 at 09:19
Blank
Ally
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Do Angels And VC Look Favourably On Prospective Investees Where Protected Equity Holdings Exist

as a means to enable investment of non fiscal resources across a wide range of disciplines into early stage enterprises we have devised a protected equity model that sees 'sweat equity investors'...

asked Nov 1 '13 at 00:33
Blank
Emile Emiabata
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Should I take into account an investment in terms of software as a sunk cost?

One of my partners, in an online service startup, is going to put the software design as his investment and share on equity. The rest of us are putting in time and money. But now came up a...

asked Oct 4 '13 at 00:31
Blank
Christian Rojas Alves
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
8.4K Views
What's uncapped convertible note?

Can someone explain the meaning of an "uncapped convertible note with an MFN clause"?

asked Oct 5 '13 at 06:32
Blank
Asker
19 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
What does 'Reserve' investment means on AngelList.

I have seen reserve button on AngelList while making any investment in start ups. What does it means? Are such online investments safe? Does all the investors (small/big) get share for their...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 20:09
Blank
Sandiip Patil
35 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
Does a business have to be profitable?

Excluding non-profits, how can a business run without the future intention of making profits? Why would anyone invest in such a business? From the website below, I made the assumption that no...

asked Aug 30 '13 at 00:51
Blank
Nope
8 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
I'm a sole proprietorship investing 30k pre-tax money in a new small business

I am investing 30k in a new business with pre-tax money I made this tax year by way of my sole proprietorship. I'm I able to write this off somehow, besides the 10k for start-ups?? If not I was...

asked Sep 1 '13 at 16:28
Blank
Mike C.
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.35K Views
Raising a convertible note round on a rolling basis

I was told that one of the benefits of doing a convertible note round is that you can do it on a rolling basis? Does that mean we can give different investors different discounts and caps? (ie:...

asked Jul 26 '13 at 03:27
Blank
Sam
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Get Back Investment Money?

I found a Investor for a Business Idea. I do 100% of the work and get a monthly payment for approx. 4-6 months. About that he is the 100% Investor of the whole project. Its a 50-50 project. My...

asked Jul 31 '13 at 02:06
Blank
Bergman
13 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
6.83K Views
Can fund my own startup in return for equity if that dilutes ex-cofounders?

My biz partner and I split up (not amicably) a couple of months ago, and he left my bootstrapped startup business. When he left, his total equity in the company was vested up to 20%. I own the...

asked Jun 5 '13 at 07:58
Blank
John B.
6 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.44K Views
How can a departing co-founder be compensated for giving back already vested shares?

I'm leaving a startup I co-founded, with some of my shares already vested. The other shareholders want me to give back more shares than specified by our vesting agreement. It does seem to make...

asked Jun 17 '13 at 22:37
Blank
Dan
26 points