Investment Questions

1 Votes
0 Answers
How companies divide company shares between founders and investors?

I came here to ask about: How do companies divide their equity shares among the founders and investors? For example, consider two persons are building a company. Person1 came with the idea of an...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 07:28
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What do founders invest in to grow your personal wealth (outside of your startup)?

Would love to hear some personal experiences on investments that have worked for you and ones that didn't.I am currently experimenting with buying stocks in companies I like and know will be around...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 21:13
Blank
Kenneth Thomas
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
How can an international startup raise money from VCs in silicon valley?

If a startup is based and registered in Europe, would it be possible to get venture capitalists in silicon valley to invest in a series A round?Do larger VC firms often invest in international...

asked Jul 24 '14 at 17:12
Blank
Alfred Loftus
2 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How can a pre-revenue startup raise a series A?

Without having raised a seed round or existing revenue stream, what are the variables that would allow a startup to raise a Series A?We have some decent traction on the free users end (20k users)....

asked Jul 25 '14 at 15:14
Blank
Terry Lo
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What is the best option regarding authorized capital?

I know that the authorized capital is the value of shares which you are allowed to issue. If my authorized capital is Rs. 1 lakh, I can issue shares of up to Rs. 1 lakh. In my case, I need to go...

asked Aug 1 '14 at 07:40
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Need opinions: equity, salaries and risk with partners in a startup

Hi all, let me give you a brief run down of my case: a couple of other people and I are thinking about creating a technology startup for a niche marketing product. It would involve an initial ~8...

asked Oct 24 '14 at 06:46
Blank
Awasaba
11 points

13 Votes
13 Answers
143K Views
What are going rates for finders fee?

When trying to raise money, what are the going rates for finders fee? Also, who pays the fee: the investor, the entrepreneur or the company that is getting the investment? Does it change with the...

asked Nov 19 '09 at 23:45
Blank
Ron Ga
2,176 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How do new entrepreneurs successfully approach angel investors?

As a recent entrepreneur, what is the best way to approach investors in order to raise a seed round for my startup? I don't have any contacts that can introduce me to investors they know.

asked Sep 11 '14 at 19:29
Blank
Michael Ridgway
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Raising entire money from one investors or several investors?

Is it better to raise your entire seed round from one investor or raise in smaller amounts from many investors. Assuming the size of the round is the same ($500K). What are the pros and cons of...

asked May 10 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Maxine Perez
2 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Should you invest unused funding from a seed round? In a safe and liquid investment security.

If you raise $1M from angel investors and plan on utilizing the funding over the span of two years, should you place the funds in an interest bearing security (that still provides liquidity)?Or do...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 02:41
Blank
Bernice Cornell
9 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
Should I raise money from investors if my goal is not to get acquired?

My goal is to build a profitable company that generates revenue for years without selling out to a larger company.Since most investors are looking for an exit in 4-5 years after investment, should...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Ronald Block
60 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
How long should a pitch deck be to keep the investor's interest?

How many slides should an ideal pitch deck have?What are your thoughts on having some subtle humor to keep the investor's attention span in check?

asked Mar 20 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Teresa Sanchez
135 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Actual paperwork process when an angel wants to invest?

Once I get angel investors who'd like to invest in my startup: What are things that are required of me to have? Do I need an S-Corp or C-corp, etc? What is the exact process that happens?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 14:30
Blank
Carl Church
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Tried and tested businesses that require little to no capital investment?

What are some types of businesses that are known to generate money which require little to no investment to start?

asked Mar 8 '14 at 13:59
Blank
Robert Creswell
55 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
What is the #1 thing a founder should do to ensure a seed investment in their startup?

What do you think is THE top thing you can do to increase your odds the most of getting a seed stage investment from agnels or vcs?

asked Feb 14 '14 at 17:52
Blank
Chrissie Gray
1,067 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Is it ok to mention you flunked your final university year on an investment proposal?

I'm new to all this, but I've begun looking into ways to seek investment for my startup idea. I've got enough experience I believe and skills to see my idea through development but I'm not sure if...

asked Dec 11 '13 at 09:19
Blank
Ally
106 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Great resources for understanding corporate structure?

I'm looking for suggestions on some particularly detailed resources explaining corporate structure, workings, etc. Everything there is to know about handling investment and boards. I want very...

asked Dec 7 '13 at 19:08
Blank
Jt0dd
101 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
What is the reasonable period of validity for introducing a funding source to a business partner

I'm in the process of creating an agreement with a business partner. He needs investors. I introduce potential investors to him. If someone I introduce to him invests in one of his projects, he is...

asked Nov 17 '13 at 11:15
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
standard liquidation preference with VC and angel deals

What standard liquidation preference you get these days as part of VC and angel deals? 1X, 1.5X (to cover the interest of the investment) , 3X, 5X... For example, in a investment of 250K thanks...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 04:10
Blank
Mga
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do Angels And VC Look Favourably On Prospective Investees Where Protected Equity Holdings Exist

as a means to enable investment of non fiscal resources across a wide range of disciplines into early stage enterprises we have devised a protected equity model that sees 'sweat equity investors'...

asked Nov 1 '13 at 00:33
Blank
Emile Emiabata
1 point