Investment Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.34K Views
What's the average percentage share of investor

I am a new entrepreneur seeking investors. I need $4 million in capital to start my company. Investors came forward to help me with my required capital, but they are asking for 50% of lifetime...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 18:42
Blank
Karz
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
How to summarize shares of angels repeating investments?

Provided I raise a first investment from angel on X valuation, then raise another one from same angel on X+Y valuation, what would be the total amount of percentage the angel will have of the...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 06:55
Blank
Sy Ber
109 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Receiving investment into bank account

We are a UK Ltd company with 2 directors. We have a business bank account set up. We have spoken to lawyers and managed to obtain all necessary documentation. It's an exciting time! The investment...

asked Aug 12 '11 at 03:24
Blank
Tom
480 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
When and how to "get out"? And some advice?

I have been involved with a technology startup in the UK from day 0, for over 5 years now. The company is up to 800k+ revenue over the last year and was on track for a 150k profit. Unfortunately...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 19:16
Blank
Jo Skipp
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
I have a static prototype, can I get angel investment?

I have a static prototype for a very promising company. The prototype is not dynamic, just made to show how the site works. I need an investment to actually develop the functionality and get some...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 03:29
Blank
Dawson Whitfield
6 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
18.4K Views
Can I start a company and sponsor my H1b to work for that company?

I am currently on a student visa (F1) at a community college. About two years ago I was laid off from work. My former employer had filed for my H1B. After the lay off I did a change of status to be...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 13:38
Blank
Sid
44 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
When sending money from an office in one country to another, if this money is sent via credit/debit card payment are there any tax implications?

One of the company's co-founders is investing and to avoid high fees I suggested we use our merchant account whereby he will make a payment online and then I will receive the money in the UK. Is...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 18:37
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.29K Views
Is it better to have a formal contract on ownership prior to accepting external investment?

Not assigning anyone any equity until we get funding, despite that fact that I am the tech.-cofounder i need to start developing a demo to show investors. Should an actual contract really be...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 23:10
Blank
User9968
229 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
What is the value of my IP (in terms of equity)

Here is the scenario: I am the ceo/founder of a company that will be launching a website/application. The amount of cash I have invested thus far is less than 3,000. I am currently seeking...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 13:50
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
CEO equity when new investor comes along

I'm the co-founder and Managing Director of a start up backed by angel money. There are three partners. I run the day to day business and moved it from launch to major player in the market in a...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 01:46
Blank
Michael Canfield
6 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
3.51K Views
Where should I go with just an idea, no capital or product or partners?

I have read the FAQ and hope that I have added enough detail to my question that it will not be considered to vague or open. I have a great idea for a software product that I think could make a...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Startup Company and Equity for Members

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am looking for some advice on how to setup equity for members of my company, which is a location-based social network for iOS devices. As it stands...

asked May 22 '11 at 02:40
Blank
Canty Jeffrey
10 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.61K Views
I don't think I need funding, should I shop around anyway?

I'm making what I guess you'd call a website startup, at it's current state, I can do all the developing myself and I have a design coming along from my partner. Overheads will never exceed the...

asked May 25 '11 at 22:10
Blank
Dunhamzzz
161 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Can an investment agreement take place online?

Can an investment agreement take place online without entrepreneurs meeting with the investors? If yes, then what is the best procedure. Most of the time Investors want to invest in a startup but...

asked May 12 '11 at 03:56
Blank
Gin
8 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.69K Views
Resources for Identifying Fraudulent, Shady, or Fly-by-night Startups

What ways are there for potential co-owners and equity holders to check up on start-up companies to make sure they are actually established, legitimate and reasonably funded operations?

asked May 14 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Mqv
52 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
4.62K Views
Who are angel investors? How do they work out with start ups?

I have started a small software firm. Of course we need some funding. That's where I heard about angel investors. I would like know about angel investors and how start-ups normally work with them....

asked Apr 27 '11 at 02:38
Blank
Fayaz
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Angels or VC's - What should a free web application do to attract their attention?

Is traffic, retainability, volume, constantly growing registration and users base enough to be able to attract VC or angel investment? I am talking about an already launched free web application,...

asked Apr 30 '11 at 06:17
Blank
Ron M.
4,224 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.61K Views
Co-founders unequal shares but how about initial capital injection?

Currently I'm working on a project together with 1 co-founder and soon we are going to incorporate a company. We agreed that I get 70% shares and he gets 30% . The reason is because I started the...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 22:08
Blank
Paul12
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
List of VCs who are interested in early-stage web technology investments

There are some VC funds who only invest in late-stage companies and some who focus on early stage I am trying to find (or build) a list of those who are interested in taking part in early-stage...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 01:53
Blank
Bryan Migliorisi
449 points

8 Votes
1 Answers
7.47K Views
What is the difference between Series A, Series B and Series C investment?

What is the difference between Series A, Series B and Series C investment for a startup? How does this affect salary and/or equity expectations if I am looking to join a startup in a...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Nissan Dookeran
177 points