Partnerships Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.8K Views
Do I need my own lawyer on a partnership agreement modification

Back story: I'm the majority equity and voting power holder in a multi-member LLC (Three members, I will call partnership). A year ago we had a partner's wife, who is a corporate lawyer, create a...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 03:07
Blank
Dragonman
120 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2K Views
2 month old company with 2 partners. My partner left but not returning shares.

I have a Delaware entity with full control and I brought a partner that I gave about 45% of the outstanding shares. My partner did not like how I ran the business and left. The original business...

asked Apr 26 '18 at 00:10
Blank
Nick Flynn
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.71K Views
How do I split the partnership equally?

When I had a business idea start-up, my friend provided his business license for me to operate in a condition that I share 50% of the profit with him. As the company grew in 2 years we used to...

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.88K Views
How to negotiate exclusive deals/offers to my site's members?

I would like to have a directory of companies that have exclusive deals/offers to my site's members (based on vouchers and coupons). So, basically I would have to contact companies and ask them if...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 07:32
Blank
Rui
364 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
What are the immediate steps I should take when starting to bootstrap a new startup with a friend?

I just read through some of the other questions found on here regarding early steps to take when starting a new biz with a partner, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I've decided to...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 10:57
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.58K Views
Why should my partner keep me (the sole developer) as a co-founder instead of hiring a contract developer who has no ownership or revenue sharing?

A little background. I built an app for a friend's small business, it was his idea. I went to him when it was finished and told him it's a good idea and I'd like to turn it into a product I could...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 15:19
Blank
Ryan Arneson
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.49K Views
Division of Profits

My husband and I are starting a food truck chain and asked my parents to go in business with us. We would come up with capital and all preparation and they would come up with operations and...

asked Dec 10 '13 at 06:30
Blank
Daniela
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Agreement template for software development between two partners

Monicka here, Am new to this site so don't know right format to ask question so please help this young entrepreneur. We are having a software service provider company. going to develop a software...

asked Nov 12 '13 at 21:49
Blank
Monicka Akilan
101 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.28K Views
Is a LLP a suitable structure for a small business with silent partners?

I'm evaluating whether structuring my small cafe business as a company or a LLP would be better. I will be the manager of the business, running it on a day to day basis and I will have 1 or 2...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 14:12
Blank
Anonymous
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.73K Views
Appropriate Income Sharing Percentage

I've independently created a database that's caught on quite well - currently being used by 21 non-profits in Massachusetts. A larger software development firm has taken note of this and is...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 06:39
Blank
Rgbflawed
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Helping an established company double or triple their worth

Assume Bob is looking for a job. Bob has the skills to develop something that within a few months may possibly double or triple the worth of a well established company. The company is aware of...

asked Sep 30 '13 at 02:22
Blank
Mi Gusta
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How should I reply to important people for my company if they write their emails unprofessionally?

I have received and email from a potentially important person for my company. I don't mean the daily spam. I mean verified bigger company CEO. And this email is written in a style you would expect...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 19:59
Blank
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
How is the % of equity given to an investor divided between partners?

When giving a percentage in equity to an investor, is the % taken equally from the existing members of a corporation (partners/shareholders)? I'm asking this question, as I currently have the...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 07:35
Blank
Daniel Johnson
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
How are partner contributions calculated?

I am just curious on this one. I understand that partners usually have to contribute capital. What is the very general calculation used to work out how much would be required to contribute for x...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 23:00
Blank
Joel Cahill
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Partnership Developer/Marketer

I'm a developer who is leaving his job next month to pursue a startup. I've come up with the idea, and I have the skills and drive to implement it. My partner is in marketing and an excellent...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 02:07
Blank
Phil
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
8.09K Views
Equity for Startup Lead Developer/CTO (pre-funding, pre-launch)

Prerequisites I'm an experienced developer with broad knowledge of software engineering matters, having contacts in outsourcing companies and access to great talented tech people. At the moment I'm...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 06:00
Blank
Vasily Ulianko
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Foreclosure On Software

Back Story: About a year ago I was asked to join a startup company as technical lead and partner. I was to design build and implement the software for this startup I would receive 20% equity in...

asked Aug 3 '13 at 01:56
Blank
Ross Mann
546 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
How to make sure I get a fair share of the company

A potential partner and I discussed one of my ideas. The idea is mine and at the time of discussion, it was not clear that we would be partners. I was essentially discussing ideas with an industry...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 11:54
Blank
Moonstar2001
186 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
A programmer friend is building my software, how to reimburse?

A programmer friend is building a very simple subscription as a service tool for me. He's calling it an "easy" job (2-3 months build time), and has agreed to work for a % of cash flow (profit)...

asked Jul 19 '13 at 16:57
Blank
User27061
6 points

8 Votes
1 Answers
3.51K Views
Profit sharing in a startup: offered 20% of profit

I've been offered 20% of the profit of a new startup if I build the website (which is essential to the business). What types of things should I look for in the agreement that is to be drawn up?

asked Jun 7 '13 at 22:16
Blank
User1477388
143 points