Partnerships Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.08K Views
Tax implications for buying out my LLP partner?

I am buying out my co-founder of our 3 year old company that we started as a hobby/second job. We are profitable (although you definitely couldn't live off the profits alone!). Anyway, we've...

asked Oct 13 '10 at 02:38
Blank
Pete
116 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.51K Views
Can I list Bizspark as a partner?

I'm forming a software/web development company where we develop products and also help other business develop theirs. Microsoft offered us BizSpark membership. Is Microsoft now a partner to us or...

asked Oct 18 '10 at 14:14
Blank
Shawn Mclean
220 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.05K Views
Can an LLP be formed as a wholly owned subsidiary of a UK company?

I'm currently researching how to go about creating a US subsidiary of a UK company. One of the people involved in the business wondered if it would be possible to use an LLP to do business in the...

asked Oct 20 '10 at 11:20
Blank
Brian
28 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
What can I offer a partner? (I don't have cash)

If I start a S or C Corp what benefit packages can I offer potential employees and how would I ramp them in? I don't have the cash to give them a salary so I need an official way to give them X...

asked Oct 21 '10 at 07:39
Blank
Jspooner
113 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.31K Views
What do you use/do to stay in touch with business partners that are in a different geographical location?

I'm looking for a good way to stay in touch with the hosts of my Momtrepreneur Exchanges around the country. There's a host in each of our 23 cities so far. It's a pile of people in different time...

asked Oct 22 '10 at 02:53
Blank
Jill
26 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Partnership questions

I am working on the project which is in its pre beta stage. This is a web based service that allows to distribute some content in a printed format. I got several offers from investors and printing...

asked Sep 30 '10 at 05:08
Blank
User4535
16 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
3.63K Views
Started with 4 partners, equal financial investment. I've done 90% of the work, startup is now doing well and they now want a say. Please advise

I started a site with 4 friends about a year and a half ago, I'm the only technical person of the lot, we all put in an equal amount of $$$, we spent most of the first year in discussions and...

asked Oct 7 '10 at 23:22
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.64K Views
Selling through VARs and Systems Integrators

We're developing an extension to a commercial open source enterprise software product. Most customers of the product we're extending buy it trough one of its system integration partners. To reach...

asked Aug 26 '10 at 05:33
Blank
Jonas H.
108 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
A special form of partnership

I have discussed the following partnership model with a person who could like to become partner with my in my company. We discuss a range of scenarios that the business could run into. One of...

asked Jun 21 '10 at 05:48
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Potential liability in guaging the interest of potential partners?

I am nearing readiness to launch a site for which I am looking to bring on a couple of SMEs (existing market participants) as sweat equity partners. I am drafting a letter to gauge the interest of...

asked Jun 24 '10 at 04:29
Blank
Mike In Philly
8 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
What to say when contacting a potential partner for the first time?

I am trying to use LinkedIn to contact people that work for potential partner companies to resell my software. Can you offer any advice on what to say to gain information from them? Would it be...

asked May 18 '10 at 04:47
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
How to define startup Partnerships norms?

I need your suggestion on below scenario. I am planning to venture into one internet startup. Its a niche domain. I have worked in the domain and understand the domain well. I have studied the...

asked May 18 '10 at 17:29
Blank
Beginner
26 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.72K Views
A special kind of merger

I am negotiating a deal and I really need some advice on the pros and cons of the deal that has been suggested to me. I have a startup company with radically innovative technology. I want to...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 23:25
Blank
David
1,567 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Outside work while in a startup

I am currently in a startup with a partner, and we have 50/50 ownership. Things are going fine, but like all startups it is taking some time to get everything going. We don't have any revenue now,...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 14:22
Blank
Alex K
21 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
How to best make use of large corporate "partnership"?

Let's say a small software company has a product which can help several very large key players within the industry sell far more of their products. Let us also assume that these corporate giants...

asked Feb 16 '10 at 00:55
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
Bootstrapped Startup - What Legal Forms to Put In place

I am looking for a co-founder now for a project that would love to get up and running. As an initial formality are there any documents out there that can outline in basic terms what each person is...

asked Feb 17 '10 at 15:56
Blank
Aaron
124 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
How to hookup with possible partners?

I have always been an interested is starting and running my own business. I have built small websites basically for the fun of it, never intending them to get large. I run my own company now but my...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 05:41
Blank
Aaron
124 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.37K Views
startup partner - part-time full-time - how to split?

I am working on my startup. I am working on part-time and using all my spare time to work on it ( Thanks to Dharmesh. I watched your one of the video in which you mentioned that you still code till...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 10:35
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
Brainstorming the idea of Strategic Alliances

I'm reflecting on the ideas of businesses partnering with other businesses who are targeting the same audience. The idea would be to "partner together" and help promote one another. eg. Business...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 06:15
Blank
Matt
460 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
2.5K Views
Making partnerships successful

Who can offer some insight into what makes a successful partner? It seams easy to get into the right conversation but difficult to get the right activities initiated.

asked Dec 8 '09 at 02:03
Blank
Comhunicate
26 points