Partnerships Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
What kind of partnership can i offer to a programmer?

I'm working on a start up project that'll offer a video based product. The product will be distributed via the web, so i need a programmer to develop the website for it If you look at the project...

asked Jun 10 '13 at 09:15
Blank
C.Graco
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Getting a partner onboard

I was approached by a freelancer i have worked before with to work together as a company. I would be interested in partnering with him. But need some advice on how to get into this partnership. My...

asked Jun 19 '13 at 16:04
Blank
Anshul
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
How do I prove that its all my IP

I'm involved in a deal where an industry organization is attempting to white label my software. Their Chairperson is a lawyer, so they are cautious on the legal stuff. They want to be absolutely...

asked May 15 '13 at 12:34
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.38K Views
How do I pay back a investor who only invested $1500?

I came up with an invention 4yrs ago and just recently took it to invent tech to get help making it. My husband drew out the sketch for me. When I took it to Invent Tech they told me it would cost...

asked May 30 '13 at 01:25
Blank
Chardae Keller
14 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.01K Views
joining a startup, question about equity

(also posted on The Workplace ) A friend of mine (no tech bg, but lots of business xp) is planning to found a startup and has invited me to be the CTO. I have some background working in IT and in...

asked Jun 2 '13 at 06:14
Blank
User26496
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.34K Views
Partner Asking For Investment Back

I recently just started an IT business. I built the product and got the product out there and brought in clients already. I asked a friend to partner with me to build the company. I gave him 30%...

asked May 2 '13 at 04:11
Blank
Rasheeda
65 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Does equity stake truly affect voting position?

In this question, the original poster has a hidden question in: Giving up an equity stake puts me at a disadvantage from a voting perspective (or does it?) Can you structure it as a non-voting...

asked May 7 '13 at 17:05
Blank
Nick O
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.73K Views
Fairly Sharing Proprietorship of Software Product

I am currently working as a Software Developer with a company. As well, I provide solutions also to some clients part time. Recently I got an inquiry for a software product. I believe that the...

asked Apr 17 '13 at 01:42
Blank
Rumit Parakhiya
110 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Removing a bad partner?

Two month ago I've joined with two friends to build a startup. I came with the idea and we started working. Two weeks ago, the first partner left the project due to lack of time. The second partner...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 20:17
Blank
Thedp
106 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
4.53K Views
Is a 50/50 equity split without 50/50 control a doable and wise thing?

I've found a great partner for my second tech startup, and want to structure this one better than the first, which made money but eventually got ugly due to poor choices my younger self made along...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 02:45
Blank
Smarterthistime
31 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Co-Founder of Company wants to quit

I have a unique problem that I was hoping to get some clarity on. The Co-Founder of our business (in Canada) wants to end the business and get out. The company has been operating for 3 years and...

asked Mar 31 '13 at 15:21
Blank
Ben
23 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.63K Views
Partner leaving at an idea-stage start up

This question might sound dumb, but I'm at a complete loss of what to do. My friend and I discussed starting a web site business years ago. For about a year and a half, we met every other weekend...

asked Mar 10 '13 at 23:42
Blank
Mimi
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
CEO didn't really function for a year+, steps down, but want to keep his equity minus a bit. Make sense?

We are 3 partners, working on a mobile / web startup for a year and 4 months. The CEO didn't put this startup as his #1 priority as he's involved in some other ventures. Apart from a meeting or a...

asked Mar 13 '13 at 08:44
Blank
The Lean Startupist
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Initial Capital Contribution

Is a partnership made official when the operating agreement is signed or after all partners make the required initial capital contribution as outlined in the operating agreement?

asked Mar 13 '13 at 21:12
Blank
Frank
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Reassessing a 50/50 partnership, help appreciated

I decided to I wanted to franchise a retail business and a colleague said they wanted to see the business plan. They loved it and believed in the work I had put in a decided they wanted to go into...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 21:51
Blank
Kimberley
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
11.8K Views
Verbal Partnership Agreement Binding?

I have a provisional patent for a product that I have been developing. I had a meeting last weekend with two individuals and we have verbally agreed to form a partnership. The partner who will be...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 08:19
Blank
Bill
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Partner with a friend who is non technical

Is it a good idea to get a friend on board who I trust and I know who can work hard but not very technical himself? He has got some good sales skills (not necessarily internet related). I am on...

asked Feb 21 '13 at 01:20
Blank
User25018
109 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Percentage allocation for my startup reasonable?

I've developed a new product that I am going to be selling and putting on the market. I had been planning on funding everything with my own personal savings. I have a friend (Mike) who believes in...

asked Feb 26 '13 at 16:01
Blank
John
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Do I need A Partner or a Team? Do I Keep The Company's Money?

I am a female programmer/software developer and basically a 'techpreneur'. I just finished work on a web app to provide advertising and marketing campaigns for companies. I coded everything from...

asked Feb 27 '13 at 10:23
Blank
Rasheeda
65 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Is it possible to start a self sustaining web design business with limited finances and experience? Do i need a partner?

I want to start a web design company, and ultimately a brand name. I am hoping to acquire skills, financing, and contacts simultaneously. Is this possible? Can one generate enough money with...

asked Mar 1 '13 at 01:57
Blank
D Keifer00
6 points