Loan Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
6.87K Views
Getting a fast business loan with instant approval?

What's the quickest way to get a quick term loan or SBA loan? My company has been in business for about 5 years, with over $20,000 in monthly cash flow. I have tried to apply for financing with a...

asked Feb 25 '20 at 20:31
Blank
Rocco Schmidt
308 points

67 Votes
5 Answers
84.9K Views
How can I get low doc small business loans?

A little background on my business: I have been in business for about 4 years and generate $190K in annual profits. The one thing holding my small business back from growth is lack of capital. Been...

asked Aug 13 '18 at 15:01
Blank
Chrissie Gray
1,107 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
5.43K Views
Easy business loans?

Is there a way to get an easy business loan for a medical business?I work with a client who is in urgent need of financing. They essentially want to bridge gaps in working capital by taking out an...

asked Aug 21 '18 at 20:11
Blank
Patricia Wright
663 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.97K Views
Bridge Loan from Relative with Verbal Agreement Only

To buy a capital investment and build inventory, a family member wrote a $3,000 personal check to my company. We verbally agreed on terms of 1 year at 10% interest with monthly payments. My...

asked Apr 13 '10 at 06:45
Blank
Clint
695 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
6.83K Views
Can fund my own startup in return for equity if that dilutes ex-cofounders?

My biz partner and I split up (not amicably) a couple of months ago, and he left my bootstrapped startup business. When he left, his total equity in the company was vested up to 20%. I own the...

asked Jun 5 '13 at 07:58
Blank
John B.
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.37K Views
How do I pay back a investor who only invested $1500?

I came up with an invention 4yrs ago and just recently took it to invent tech to get help making it. My husband drew out the sketch for me. When I took it to Invent Tech they told me it would cost...

asked May 30 '13 at 01:25
Blank
Chardae Keller
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
9.16K Views
Starting a hotel

I would like to start a hotel over the next few years. I know I will need a lot of capital to do so. I am working on getting the capital right now but I would like to know what a realistic amount...

asked Mar 31 '13 at 06:06
Blank
Makai
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
6.04K Views
How to find startups that need loans

I have some extra cash that I'd like to use to earn cash. Does the following proposal seem good, and if so, are there investor/borrower groups or online communities where I could find startups who...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 08:49
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
44.5K Views
If a business loan is taken out for a registered company, and the company goes out of business, does owner have to pay the loan?

I am curious whether the person is liable to paying back any business loans taken from a bank for a business that they have. If the business goes out of business, does the load simply vanish? How...

asked Jul 21 '12 at 04:37
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
7.7K Views
Funding: Kickstarter or Family Loan?

Background I've been working on a video game for android devices (i.e. an app) for some months now, and I'm getting close to completing a solid, well polished product I'm lucky enough to have an...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 11:32
Blank
James Coote
130 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.85K Views
Sole trader loan

I am thinking of becoming a sole trader. I know as a sole trader I am liable for any debt the company has. Can I place money from my personal account into the business account to start it off? I...

asked Oct 29 '11 at 09:38
Blank
Jack
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.85K Views
Are software startups qualified for SBA loan?

Just wondering if a software startup can qualify for SBA loan or is it actually for brick and mortar mom/pop business? If anyone has experience successfully getting a loan for Software startup...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 06:05
Blank
Gagan
150 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.08K Views
How to find good investments for bridge loans?

I discovered that I have some borrowing capacity at low rates based on an investment account that I have, and so I'd like to draw down that money and loan money to start-ups and other companies...

asked Jul 3 '11 at 21:46
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.43K Views
How can I separate my personal credit from my business without a lot of hassle?

I've been operating a local computer repair and retail business for about 2 years and haven't needed a line of credit until now. The problem is that I'm in college and have student loans. So, as a...

asked May 27 '11 at 03:15
Blank
David Brown
116 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.64K Views
Best book for learning corporate finance

There are a lot of books out there which hit on these concepts: Discounted cash flow: NPV, IRR Return on equity WACC CAPM Capital structure: Debt vs. Equity However, most of these books broach...

asked May 13 '11 at 03:00
Blank
Jgoldberg
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
Business loan dilemma?

In the near future I will be taking a small business loan. I had planned on going to my local bank or to lending club but then I figured maybe I can get away with opening a new credit card with a...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 10:05
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
4.01K Views
Are loans from Individuals common for startups? Is it a good way to grow?

I am the owner of a website that distributes digital content (photo/ footage/ music) for the film, interactive and media industries. We launched four years ago and are among the market leaders in...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 15:34
Blank
User8084
14 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.11K Views
Getting investors for the first time - how does financing work?

So how typically does financing work. Are investors basically giving me a loan that I have to pay back? Are they buying equity (so that upon business failure, nobody owes anybody anything)? Are...

asked Dec 6 '10 at 09:03
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
What are some considerations you should make when borrowing money from friends and family to seed a startup?

The question speaks for itself. There are similar questions, but I didn't find one that provides a checklist of things you should consider before and after borrowing money to fund your...

asked Sep 10 '10 at 08:40
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
What type of funding are you using?

I'd like to start a thread discussing the type of funding different startups are using and why. I think that there are a lot of people here who would like to hear the general experiences,...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 03:10
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points