Cost Estimation Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
How much should I pay for this domain?

I found the perfect domain name for my startup idea. But, how do I know how much to pay for it? It's currently at auction on GoDaddy, and the auction ends Oct 11. The owner is asking $60, but I...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 19:38
Blank
Sam
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
what costs to factor and how much to charge monthly

what costs do I need to consider and factor into my total cost when determining how much to charge for a subscription service? I am developing a web based application with various subscription...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 11:58
Blank
Mike Mc Mahon
103 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
How can I determine if I can afford a new employee?

I am working as a single worker in my small office. For the last year I have had more work than I can manage and I am thinking about employing someone to help me. Now, is there a way that I can...

asked Jul 12 '13 at 01:25
Blank
Ben Mcss
143 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
9.16K Views
Starting a hotel

I would like to start a hotel over the next few years. I know I will need a lot of capital to do so. I am working on getting the capital right now but I would like to know what a realistic amount...

asked Mar 31 '13 at 06:06
Blank
Makai
11 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
1.98K Views
Software Development Project - Early Estimating Help

I work for a private investing firm that is looking to move from a face to face business to online business. They want to create a large, scale-able website that can handle thousands of accounts...

asked Dec 10 '12 at 07:28
Blank
Jokker
26 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.43K Views
How to answer questions about estimates?

I have startup company and we have SaaS application which we sell as subscription. There is a lot of competition(which is good) and often first question I get from prospectives is "How...

asked Jun 28 '12 at 05:41
Blank
Katit
276 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
2.58K Views
How to estimate the cost of a service?

Let's say I build a service, a map for example. To build a map service costs me around $1,000. But a service isn't a one-off investment, it's like making a product, when I sell it, I don't need...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 02:58
Blank
Ted Wong
171 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Do I have enough money?

I have a budget of $10,000 with a generous $5000 emergany bank to build an information/data site which i want to have ecommerce/video streaming/large forum area/gallery and how to areas etc. the...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 16:54
Blank
Smee
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
How to properly estimate the cost and necessary income for a new SAAS project?

I will launch a new SAAS (software as service) invoicing app for the iPad. This is in late-stage development. My startup is small, and I want a clear picture on the cost of the project, and...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 08:35
Blank
Mamcx
113 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
What exactly take takes up a lot of time and effort starting a business

I have heard (and believe) that starting a new company takes huge amounts of time and effort. Having never done it myself I don't know where this time and effort is normally expended. Say for a...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 09:53
Blank
Tom Squires
1,047 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Price, cost, profit, on-demand software by enterprise to "us"

we are 2 developers that have been working for a consultancy doing a mobile app for about a year, now we are ending our contracts. The enterprise that has contracted our actual/anterior...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Tyoc213
41 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
How to outsource a software development process?

We are having a good idea for a software product. Since its complexity surpasses the capacities for a one man army or perhaps of a small software team, it will be necessary to outsource software...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 08:07
Blank
Jpcf
111 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.75K Views
How can I estimate the cost of moving one ton of earth one kilometer?

I am early in the process of making a radical invention of equipment for moving earth. At the moment I am having trouble estimating the cost of moving one ton of earth one kilometer in a setting...

asked May 21 '11 at 19:52
Blank
David
1,567 points