Customer Service Questions

4 Votes
7 Answers
5.63K Views
Anyone know of any live chat solutions that integrate w/ Google Talk or other IM platforms?

My site currently uses Volusion live chat but honestly, it sucks, since I need to run the tool and sit in front of it all day long. I'd like something more mobile where I can respond to chat...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 10:45
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Should I contact customers about canceling who are not using services they pay for?

I own a small website hosting and services company. Most of my clients make automatic payments for recurring hosting services. However, what is the appropriate way to handle customers that have...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 08:43
Blank
Matt Beckman
132 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.51K Views
How to deal with rude comments and feedback?

I run a website that conducts short story writing competitions for 10 months (each month different genre), and publish an anthology at the end of the year containing all the winning stories. It's...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 16:52
Blank
User21143
16 points

10 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
How should I say no to customer?

I have startup software company (SaaS model) that is just me. All funding comes in from my main customer(Customer A). Product still in development and I have specific roadmap for next versions. At...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 00:09
Blank
Katit
276 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.43K Views
How to answer questions about estimates?

I have startup company and we have SaaS application which we sell as subscription. There is a lot of competition(which is good) and often first question I get from prospectives is "How...

asked Jun 28 '12 at 05:41
Blank
Katit
276 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.54K Views
How to politely reject regular offers for advertisement service that come from the same person?

I opened a gourmet shop 3 months ago. The same people come into my shop and offer various kinds of advertisement, and products that they think will fit into my store. When they come for the first...

asked Apr 29 '12 at 05:35
Blank
Nadia1903
36 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
How to price this software

We are building software for a medium-sized company 'X'. Software is unique but strongly depends on data which the company 'X' can gather and plug into the software. We develop that exclusively...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 05:47
Blank
James
102 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
How do I respond to client asking for retainer back?

After deciding on a list of requirements with a client and agreeing on a price, the client sent me 50% of the total before work was started, and we agreed the remaining was to be paid at...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Nute
143 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.33K Views
What are some good strategies when setting up a support wiki page?

We run an internal wiki with a lot of customer support FAQs, HOWTOs, and other random notes. We are now looking at creating a customer-fronting wiki that we can move stuff in to and let them...

asked Nov 1 '11 at 11:08
Blank
Paul Filmer
790 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Your business website experiences a bad crash; what's your protocol for communicating with customers?

Having my business website crash (bad) recently was one of the toughest few days since becoming a Founder. My former hosting company experienced a major server issue. A planned re-boot caused a...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 03:56
Blank
Richard H.
175 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Customer Service E-commerce site

I and one other business partner are launching a niche ecommerce site in November. We have nearly everything set except for one or two lingering questions. One of those questions is customer...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 02:55
Blank
User889115
13 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
Dear Customer... What do you want?

Background: I am an entrepreneur who has a product that will now be sold to retail outlets. The sales team is expected to sell 10 units to 5 clients per day. With this, I want them to get feedback...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Salmon
181 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.23K Views
Open-Source / Free Live Website Chat - for customer service / sales

I was wondering if anyone has come across a free / open-source website chat? I'm interested in something similar to oLark or Live Person, without the monthly fee's... Has anyone ever come across...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 04:17
Blank
Justin Levy
6 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.65K Views
What's a great gift for awesome customers?

We have a couple of fantastic customers (i.e. they bought in early, they give timely and clear feedback, and they celebrate our successes and give us opportunities to fix mistakes). I'm looking...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Joseph Fung
1,542 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
customer service ticketing system (open source)?

I currently have a simple form for customer feedback / customer issues, this form send an email to [email protected] and then we check that and reply to any inquiries. I'd like to implement a...

asked Oct 8 '10 at 07:31
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.06K Views
Are Google Apps (hosted gmail/groups) enough for early stage customer service?

We're currently building a small e-commerce product that involves recurrenct billing (think of domain registration). As the 'tech guy' I don't want to set up a full blown ticketing system at this...

asked May 9 '10 at 00:37
Blank
Roland
33 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
8.13K Views
How to calculate the price to quote for a service?

Is there a logical way to come up with pricing for a service such as below that my friend came up with. Are these valid ? Split down the service into as many small steps as possible. Make sure to...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 01:14
Blank
Emacsian
126 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.87K Views
What Defines an Unsolicited Testimonial? (Ethical)

After an order is placed by a customer, I email them regarding their order, stating: I hope the buying process went smoothly for you. We are a newer company and are looking for ways to improve our...

asked Jan 25 '10 at 16:50
Blank
Clint
695 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.05K Views
What do you do when you can't issue a refund?

I have a customer who is demanding a refund for a purchase made in August 2009. Usually my approach is to give refunds without a quibble, even if they are outside of my 30 day no questions asked...

asked Jan 19 '10 at 06:38
Blank
Nemmy
527 points