Customer Feedback Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.7K Views
Offering customers a discount in exchange of social media publicity - Does this make sense?

Yesterday, I added the following special deal in my service web site : Help us promoting the site (blogging/tweetting about it, sharing the link in facebook, google+, delicious,… and committing to...

asked Aug 3 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Jordi Cabot
243 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.72K Views
Customer Discovery+Validation combined with Scrum, how?

When you have a startup that essentially does a Web App, there is a set of methods that everybody seems to agree on: Customer Development and Agile Development. Agile Development is really clear,...

asked Dec 10 '13 at 07:32
Blank
Philip
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.15K Views
Lean Startup Method Question for Web app startups

So, I'm slightly confused which I should be following. I'm currently a solopreneur. I'm trying to follow lean startup, but I just read on the book Startup Owners Manual and Lean Startup...

asked Nov 16 '13 at 11:15
Blank
User9968
229 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.54K Views
How can one get candid feedback on a new product?

My friend and I are working on a product - "Data centric configuration" approach to build business applications. The product is ready and we have a pilot customer as well. From our analysis we...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 16:05
Blank
User2551407
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Distinguishing Need to Have vs Must Have in Client Interviews

When I investigate enterprise client software needs, I can easily identify a list of things that can make them happier. (none are necessarily directly cost-cutting or revenue gaining, but all...

asked Oct 16 '13 at 06:38
Blank
Max
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
How to contact app reviewers of a different app for feedback?

I am developing an Android app which would be competing with a few different apps in the same space and I see a few bad comments on the competitors' apps. I am seeking advice and insight on what...

asked Sep 23 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
How should I call my existing customers to chat?

I have a software as a service and few hundred Paypal subscribers with phone numbers. I have heard its a good idea to talk to my customers so I can improve my product but I'm having trouble getting...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 11:41
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Initial Result of Customer Development

Hope all is well. I just conducted a round of feedback interviews with 20 people(mostly students) about my startup. The results are 50% saying its a great idea and other 50% think its not worth it....

asked Feb 21 '13 at 02:43
Blank
Trana
24 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
How to deal with unsatisfied clients in a free application

We offer a free, cloud based B2B application - it offers the same and more functionality than most if not all of the paid equivalent applications out there at no cost. We offer awesome support...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 01:58
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
How do I differentate a customer from an early adopter?

I have an idea and talked to about 14 people who have all said it's a good to great idea. Based on this positive feedback, I have built (in about a week) a very primitive semi-working prototype...

asked Feb 5 '13 at 12:10
Blank
Elenesski
100 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Customer discovery and validation in B2B

I have a very immature idea of a B2B startup, and I want to gather some feedback on it. Assuming, that "future customers" are business people, what is the best way to communicate with them on...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 15:46
Blank
Filipovskii Off
21 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.51K Views
How to deal with rude comments and feedback?

I run a website that conducts short story writing competitions for 10 months (each month different genre), and publish an anthology at the end of the year containing all the winning stories. It's...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 16:52
Blank
User21143
16 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
New product launch/test - offering refund for feedback

I am launching a new product this week. Basically, it's an educational series of PDFs and video instructions. Not a membership site, but more like a multimedia ebook. Since this is the first...

asked Aug 28 '12 at 07:39
Blank
Jeff Gaudette
45 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.4K Views
Should I use a user feedback system like UserVoice or just use a support forum?

I don't really like the idea of paying $20+ per month to run a glorified message board (GetSatisfaction, UserVoice, etc.). But these kinds of services seem to be pretty popular. So am I missing...

asked Jul 24 '12 at 02:53
Blank
Richard
357 points

13 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
How to deal with the ever-growing backlog

I'm a one-man company, and a couple of months ago I shipped version 1.0 of my product after a year of beta testing. So far it has been successful; the product is selling and the customer base is...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 23:03
Blank
Anonforthis
66 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
How to get honest feedback from users you know personally?

I am about to build a proof-of-concept website, and I intend to build on it using "Lean Startup" principles. I have friends and acquaintances lined up to try it out, and I will solicit their...

asked Apr 28 '12 at 05:14
Blank
Dan B
118 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
What would be the correct way of asking potential customers whether they need/like the product?

Being tired of doing stuff that turned out to be far from what users actually need, I think now it's time to ask potential users first (think lean startup mantra) before doing anything. The idea...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 17:52
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
If your startups is in B2C space, then how to get feedback from users before building product?

We are in B2C space creating a product for consumers. I'm wondering how can we engage average users to get feedback? What would be our starting point? Thanks, Gagan

asked Aug 22 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Gagan
150 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
What are some best practices for managing user feedback?

After months and months and months of work, our team finally launched our first application. We have been very fortunate to receive a lot of feedback and one of my first "goals" post-launch is to...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 22:25
Blank
Travis Truett
127 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
Dear Customer... What do you want?

Background: I am an entrepreneur who has a product that will now be sold to retail outlets. The sales team is expected to sell 10 units to 5 clients per day. With this, I want them to get feedback...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Salmon
181 points