Mobile Apps Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Mobile Development Business - How to start?

At the moment I'm studying Informational System at my local College and now I'm sophomore. But I'm not really enjoying it because I found out that what I really care and what I really enjoy is...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 17:35
Blank
Deimantas B
8 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.86K Views
Is developing a backend for a mobile application costly?

I'm developing mobile apps for a time and I feel I'm spending nearly 50% of my time for backend development, choosing the technology, etc. Now I have a new idea for a mobile startup. I want to...

asked Apr 21 '12 at 04:25
Blank
Newth
23 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.21K Views
Funding for developing a mobile application

We are college students currently developing an iPad application and seek a small investment to complete the development before submitting to the app store. We have tried several avenues for asking...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 13:35
Blank
Grant Wilkinson
105 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.18K Views
How to promote a mobile-only app?

What are the best ways to promote apps that are mobile only? Most apps only have a 1 or 2 pager site that just links to their listing on the App Store. That isn't really a good way to bring in new...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 18:43
Blank
Alexandra Leong
2 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
I have an idea for a mobile app. Should I fund it myself or raise money?

I have an app for an idea that will require around $100K capital to completely build and launch. Should I try to raise money or figure out a way to invest my own money?

asked Apr 4 '14 at 12:41
Blank
Alexandra Scalise
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.8K Views
Which ecosystem to build an app for first: iOS or Android?

We are building an app that caters to the B2B crowd, and our initial research has shown that our audience is split evenly among the platforms.Both of us are non-technical co-founders so we will be...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 15:42
Blank
John Moe
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
How to submit iOS apps to Apple as a company, instead of an individual developer?

I have a developer account already that I pay $99/year for. How can I (and should I) submit apps as my LLC instead?Does that offer any benefits apart from users seeing a company that made the app?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 00:26
Blank
George Lopez
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
Why do VCs continue to fund "photo app" startups?

Except for the 2-3 outliers (Instagram, Snapchat, etc), most of the photo sharing apps fail and close doors. Or get acqui-hired.Yet why do VCs continue to fund them? Is there much more to be had in...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:41
Blank
Cheryl Guynn
2 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.76K Views
Trying to create a passive income. Should I create a web app or a mobile app?

I am looking to create a passive income stream. I have the skills to create both web and mobile apps. But I have been reading that making money from mobile apps is really hard and most iOS apps...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 13:57
Blank
Dale Slocum
2 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
Gamification elements to use in mobile games?

What are some ways to make a mobile game more sticky?I have been benchmarking all the Zynga games to see all the things they do (Zynga poker, etc).Although, if you look at Flappy Bird, it was so...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 17:15
Blank
James Maxwell
120 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.66K Views
Best programming language to develop mobile games with?

Which programming language would you recommend learning in order to be able to create a game like Flappy Bird?I have front-end skills like HTML and CSS (and a design background), and want to...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 10:40
Blank
Ronda Barger
45 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Should I focus on creating a perfect iOS app or two decent apps for both iOS and Android?

My startup is bootstrapped with limited resources. Is it better to just focus on the iOS ecosystem or would we be missing out on significant market share on Android by doing so?

asked Mar 6 '14 at 11:25
Blank
Bobbie Rice
50 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Typical angel financing terms for mobile app startup?

What would you say are the average angel financing terms for a mobile app that is built and launched on the app store but yet to gain a large amount of traction? We're planning on listing...

asked Feb 18 '14 at 23:40
Blank
Joyce Cullen
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How can I work out how much my mobile app is worth from these earning figures?

A CEO of a bigger company has contact me today asking if I am interesting in selling my Android application. He is asking for the numbers straight away and how much I want to sell it for. The app...

asked Oct 16 '13 at 01:06
Blank
111 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
A Catch-22. Need viewers to give some value to developers. Need developers to generate some value for viewers

I have created an App Discovery service that helps iOS Games get discovered by ranking apps based on their engagement & quality rather than quality. Developers have to create an account and...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 11:10
Blank
User1151659
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
How to contact app reviewers of a different app for feedback?

I am developing an Android app which would be competing with a few different apps in the same space and I see a few bad comments on the competitors' apps. I am seeking advice and insight on what...

asked Sep 23 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Market an app for a revenue share

I've built and published an iPhone app that I believe has a market potential. It needs exposure though. I'm an engineer and don't understand marketing very well. I'm thinking about partnering with...

asked Aug 27 '13 at 07:31
Blank
Black Rider
297 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
Need tax help for CA LLC selling iOS/Android apps

last year, a friend and i started an LLC in california. we made a couple of mobile apps which we sell through apple, google, amazon, etc. shortly after that, i co-founded another startup, which has...

asked Aug 1 '13 at 07:58
Blank
Ben H
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Revenue share for a mobile app with an (almost) guaranted success

I have a customer who wants to pay me by sharing the revenues. He already has a good user base on his PC software version, and we both know that a mobile app should sell quite well (let's say...

asked Jun 10 '13 at 09:35
Blank
Dalmas
103 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.56K Views
Is it necessary to build a mobile version product website in order to promote mobile app

I was wondering, is it necessary to build a mobile version product website, in order to promote your mobile app? I take Evernote for instance, I do not see they provide a mobile version product...

asked Apr 24 '13 at 15:28
Blank
Cheok Yan Cheng
119 points