Mobile Apps Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
Is there any free finance management application for a startup?

We are new IT startup. We need to manage our finance which we currently use excel sheet. Since we are engineers, we make the accounts in the way we know and thanks to google. But is there any...

asked Aug 10 '17 at 15:22
Blank
Naseef Umar
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.31K Views
Which ecosystem to build an app for first: iOS or Android?

We are building an app that caters to the B2B crowd, and our initial research has shown that our audience is split evenly among the platforms.Both of us are non-technical co-founders so we will be...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 15:42
Blank
John Moe
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
How to promote a mobile-only app?

What are the best ways to promote apps that are mobile only? Most apps only have a 1 or 2 pager site that just links to their listing on the App Store. That isn't really a good way to bring in new...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 18:43
Blank
Alexandra Leong
2 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.49K Views
How to submit iOS apps to Apple as a company, instead of an individual developer?

I have a developer account already that I pay $99/year for. How can I (and should I) submit apps as my LLC instead?Does that offer any benefits apart from users seeing a company that made the app?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 00:26
Blank
George Lopez
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
What is your process of creating a new web app / startup?

Most of us have likely started several startups and have streamlined the process of creating a web/mobile app. What is your process?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Steven Rink
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Why do VCs continue to fund "photo app" startups?

Except for the 2-3 outliers (Instagram, Snapchat, etc), most of the photo sharing apps fail and close doors. Or get acqui-hired.Yet why do VCs continue to fund them? Is there much more to be had in...

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.26K Views
Trying to create a passive income. Should I create a web app or a mobile app?

I am looking to create a passive income stream. I have the skills to create both web and mobile apps. But I have been reading that making money from mobile apps is really hard and most iOS apps...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 13:57
Blank
Dale Slocum
2 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.28K Views
How to approach potential clients?

Basically I’m looking to create a mobile app where people can book last minute spa treatments/breaks on their phone. What I want to know is how do I get the spa companies to be on board with this...

asked Nov 22 '14 at 09:21
Blank
Karen George
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
I have an idea for a mobile app. Should I fund it myself or raise money?

I have an app for an idea that will require around $100K capital to completely build and launch. Should I try to raise money or figure out a way to invest my own money?

asked Apr 4 '14 at 12:41
Blank
Alexandra Scalise
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.21K Views
Gamification elements to use in mobile games?

What are some ways to make a mobile game more sticky?I have been benchmarking all the Zynga games to see all the things they do (Zynga poker, etc).Although, if you look at Flappy Bird, it was so...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 17:15
Blank
James Maxwell
120 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.01K Views
Best programming language to develop mobile games with?

Which programming language would you recommend learning in order to be able to create a game like Flappy Bird?I have front-end skills like HTML and CSS (and a design background), and want to...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 10:40
Blank
Ronda Barger
45 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Average cost of user acquisition for mobile apps?

How much can I expect to shell out for acquiring active users for mobile apps (not games)?

asked Mar 7 '14 at 06:58
Blank
William Dangelo
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Should I focus on creating a perfect iOS app or two decent apps for both iOS and Android?

My startup is bootstrapped with limited resources. Is it better to just focus on the iOS ecosystem or would we be missing out on significant market share on Android by doing so?

asked Mar 6 '14 at 11:25
Blank
Bobbie Rice
50 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Twitter marketing tactics for mobile apps?

What are some strategies for promoting your mobile app using Twitter?We require new users sign up with either Facebook or Twitter. For users that signup with Twitter, we have access to their...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 00:07
Blank
Lauren Tharp
10 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Marketing strategies to reach your first 1K app downloads?

This has likely been asked a thousand times before, but what are the top ways to promote a mobile app? There are lots of great apps that never get any spotlight because the founders are great at...

asked Feb 19 '14 at 15:02
Blank
Bruce Schwartz
767 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Typical angel financing terms for mobile app startup?

What would you say are the average angel financing terms for a mobile app that is built and launched on the app store but yet to gain a large amount of traction? We're planning on listing...

asked Feb 18 '14 at 23:40
Blank
Joyce Cullen
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Alternative to Apple's ban on in-app donations?

Is there anyway to allow your users to donate money to you from an app? Apple bans any app that has functionality to ask the users for donations. I think this hinders a really good and unobtrusive...

asked Feb 19 '14 at 11:51
Blank
Quinn Garduno
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
Building a mobile app. What's the best framework to implement it?

I don't know Objective-C, but there are lots of frameworks that only require HTML/CSS/JS. I intend on releasing the app for all platforms and it utilizes the location of the user as a requirement....

asked Feb 14 '14 at 20:04
Blank
Bruce Schwartz
767 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
What are the ways to market an educational app targeted at K-12 and above?

I am building a study note application primarily targeted at higher education. What are some effective ways to reach out to this audience?

asked Dec 2 '13 at 16:29
Blank
Amar
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
Mobile Development Business - How to start?

At the moment I'm studying Informational System at my local College and now I'm sophomore. But I'm not really enjoying it because I found out that what I really care and what I really enjoy is...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 17:35
Blank
Deimantas B
8 points