Mobile Apps Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Revenue share for promotion of mobile apps

I'm a sole android app developer with good quality free apps (games) but not much experience in marketing and promotion of my apps. My biggest problem is that I have little money to promote my...

asked Mar 8 '13 at 02:10
Blank
Relax Factor
1 point

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
What's the negatives & positives of creating a mobile app with different functionalities from the web app?

I'm creating a marketplace website. I was thinking keeping the marketplace exchange on the web app and a much simpler version on the mobile app providing only profiles with some other cool perks...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 08:06
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
where can I get paid initial installations for my new mobile app in USA and UK?

Some mobile apps have this problem of empty bar - in theory the service is cool, but as there are not many users, it is not so attractive. There are not so many users, so others won't try and...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 04:06
Blank
Adam
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
From freelance to CTO: conditions

I am currently working as a Freelance mobile programmer for a start-up since the project started, but I have always given my opinion and advise about business development (for free), and it came...

asked Jan 15 '13 at 10:26
Blank
K20
101 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
8.96K Views
For alpha/beta testing, should I charge users or pay users?

I'm creating a mobile app for small business wholesalers and the alpha will be finished soon. I have done some face-to-face market research by visiting trade shows they exhibit in and showing...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 01:49
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Business model for a startup

In planning to build an mobile-app based startup, how good and effective is a business model that depends on other products? Or would a rather better business model be where the app by itself is a...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 18:24
Blank
Quik Tester
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Should I include a coupon code with my app review submission?

I will be submitting my Android app to bloggers and review sites very soon. My app has two editions: a 30-day free "trial" version, and a paid "pro" version. I've created coupon codes that unlock...

asked Dec 25 '12 at 07:34
Blank
Barry Fruitman
119 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
3.51K Views
How much would a company pay to be a mobile app sponsor?

Nearing the end of our mobile application development, we are looking to get some initial funding in the form of a sponsorship. Our application would hit both iPhone and Android app stores. The...

asked Dec 12 '12 at 06:25
Blank
Brian
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
What are some good ways to promote a paid mobile app?

I have an Android app that costs $4.95. It is a business app that is worth the money. What I am looking for is insight into some paid-marketing approaches where I can advertise this app. I...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 02:08
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Legal entity/personal name for android app

I have built an android app and would like to put it on Google play. I found several articles suggesting it's safer to create a legal entity and put any applications under that entity rather than...

asked Nov 18 '12 at 06:08
Blank
Iasonas
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Having hard time to decide for a lead dev position in a start-up (Paris)

I am in the following situation where i got an offer to join a start-up in Paris for a lead ios dev position. The field they are working on is a mix of technology and art which really fit to my...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 16:19
Blank
Tiguero
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
Internet advertising startup

I am a software engineer with two years of experience and I am planning to get into internet advertising. I can put in hard work. I have experience running a non-technical business. My problem is...

asked Sep 20 '12 at 20:12
Blank
Darpan
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
How to write introduction document of a company and an app?

I am an indie developer who works on android applications currently. One of the big OEMs wants to cooperation with me on my most popular app. They requested me to share an introduction document of...

asked Aug 21 '12 at 04:02
Blank
Dirhem
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
10.6K Views
Can you reduce New York LLC publication fee by using a registered agent?

I have a question around creating a LLC in New York City , it's centered around the publication requirement of LLC's in New York state. This publication requirement means if your LLC is registered...

asked Aug 30 '12 at 03:42
Blank
Drc
118 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
What are your experience on business in making windows phone7 apps vs windows8 apps?

I am currently making windows phone7 apps. I was wondering whether I am missing on something by not making windows8 my primary development platform. I am considering programming for both somewhere...

asked Aug 8 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Lamin Sanneh
114 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
When are Legal Disclaimers (or EULA's) needed?

I have published an app to the android and amazon app stores and currently my app has a legal disclaimer (End Use License Agreement) as part of it that runs the first time the start up the app. But...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 06:59
Blank
S.A.Jay
20 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
How to pivot to mobile app from website

During the last year I've been creating a niche review site and though the traffic is not quite where I want it to be yet, I believe that I will be the leader in this space pretty soon. My...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 22:56
Blank
Sam
509 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
iOS Developer Program Company Enrollment Bank Account

I would like to enroll for Apple iOS development. I am also planning to start a company for this. My question is that, how Apple will going to pay my earnings from Appstore? Must I open a bank...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 06:28
Blank
Noway
192 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
CPM for mobile ads

I'm wondering what influences the CPM for ads in mobile apps. I'm fairly new to the whole ad game so any insight into CPM basics is helpful. For example monthly, annual and seasonal variations. I...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 14:01
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Is creating a mobile application actually a good business model

Lots of people I know think that their idea for an iPhone app is a great business idea, and could make them rich. I think it's a nightmare, akin to two-level pyramid scheme that generates revenue...

asked Jun 25 '12 at 10:19
Blank
Mc Garnagle
121 points