Legal Documents Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.14K Views
How to do without a lawyer when launching your SaaS startup?

There are several things that are needed for a SaaS startup from a legal standpoint: Privacy policy Terms of service Contracts How can a bootstrap startup do these without spending money on a...

asked Aug 29 '14 at 15:55
Blank
John Jackson
7 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.25K Views
Are NDAs even worth signing for employees? Are they even enforceable?

As an employer, is it even worth getting employees to sign an NDA? Do they provide any significant legal protection (enforceable)?Most startups don't even have the resources to pursue a legal...

asked Apr 16 '14 at 18:26
Blank
Jason Wood
17 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.34K Views
Taking on a new team member and paying only in equity - legal aspects and pitfalls

Here's my situation. I founded a company very recently (currently an LLC) and have no external funding. I also don't have deep pockets. This is for a startup in the US in Washington state. I...

asked Dec 5 '13 at 18:53
Blank
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Agreement template for software development between two partners

Monicka here, Am new to this site so don't know right format to ask question so please help this young entrepreneur. We are having a software service provider company. going to develop a software...

asked Nov 12 '13 at 21:49
Blank
Monicka Akilan
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Website terms and conditions/terms of use, how to avoid the big cost for something more bespoke?

Myself and a couple of associates are starting up a job advertisement and CV database site. As part of the functionality of our site will be that employers based in various countries, can look...

asked Nov 20 '13 at 09:36
Blank
Joe Taylor
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.03K Views
No I-9 Documents after 3 days. Now what?

I know the I-9 document states that the form must be completed in 3 business days of the employee's first day of work. If the employee says they'll provide documentation, but after three days have...

asked Jul 12 '13 at 03:46
Blank
Captain Crypto
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Company Minutes: exactly how?

I have a small limited company (Hong-Kong, but I believe it follows U.K. company law closely, which is why I've tagged this question UK). I am a shareholder and the sole director. There are other...

asked Jun 13 '13 at 18:48
Blank
User26625
86 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Find legal document by a portion (content) of it

I'am about to start an IT company. Among other things I need Terms-and-Conditions and Privacy-Policy documents. As far as I know I can get such by: writing them by myself; by a lawyer; or buying...

asked Jun 18 '13 at 05:24
Blank
Basic
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Language for Articles of Organization LLC Ownership

I am in the process of drafting the articles of organization for my LLC. I would like to specify in there, that the ownership of the LLC is specified with units, and LLC members receive a certain...

asked May 2 '13 at 13:27
Blank
Olli
89 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
Implementation partners-protecting source code

I have an existing SAAS platform and I am in the process of working with multiple implementation partners or vendors for some enhancements. How do I make sure my source code is protected? Some of...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 03:35
Blank
User8226
197 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Director service contracts

The two of us are going to found a company and will work on all necessary tasks without taking pay at least for the first year. In this case, are we going to be Executive Directors? If so, will we...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 03:16
Blank
Kate
99 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
How is an ownership group formed?

I am interested in forming an "ownership group". I see the term all over the place, especially in sports, but can't seem to find any details on how these groups are initially formed. Is it a legal...

asked Dec 14 '12 at 08:24
Blank
Mark
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Legal Agreement for Discounts

I have been talking to a few companies about offering an exclusive discount which I will be selling to some of my clients and I was curious what kind of legal agreement I should make with these...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 05:59
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
What's the cost and paperwork of dissolving a Delaware corporation?

I have been working with my co-founder for the past year and recently we decided to part ways. However, about 2 months ago we incorporated our business in Delaware. Each of us is starting from...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 06:01
Blank
Rjgonzo
157 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
What legal documents should I receive after incorporation of a private company?

Few months ago, I started to incorporate a private company in India. Due to legal process overheads, I outsourced the task to a reputed law company. Now, whole process is almost finished. I want...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 23:29
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
What is the name of this legal document?

I need to get a legal document to sign with our clients. But I'm not sure of the name, which makes it even harder to look for this. We are in the following situation. We have developed a system...

asked Nov 10 '12 at 13:44
Blank
User21544
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.48K Views
Sample partnership/cofounder contract clause for force-out payment schedule

I'm altering a contract between myself and another individual. The contract defines clauses for forcing another partner out but does not define how percentage of ownership shall be handled. I.e....

asked Oct 26 '12 at 13:26
Blank
Rks
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Where to declare startup officers?

I co-founded a company recently, and we incorporated as a Delaware C-Corp. We listed President/Secretary/etc when filing, but we simply decided CTO, CEO, and CFO. I've heard from others that what...

asked Nov 5 '12 at 14:13
Blank
Kgrover
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
On working with consultants

I have been asked by many startups to help them with their core machine learning IP Unlike outsourced software development, machine learning is difficult to outsource or even to specify because it...

asked Oct 12 '12 at 01:04
Blank
Charles Martin
26 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
Company Signing rights

What determines who has authority to sign a contract on behalf of the company? What if a low level employee signs a contract in the name of the company, is it still binding? What happens when...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 13:17
Blank
Aaron
21 points