Legal Documents Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
Is there an online network of independent lawyers looking for one-off or quick work?

I'm looking for a network that matches lawyers to people looking to get a contract written or have a bit of legal work done. I know there are lots of freelancing sites and networks out there for...

asked Feb 14 '11 at 15:11
Blank
Tbaums
298 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Software distributor or Sales Agent which one makes more sense?

A company (which consist of one person) wants to sell my software (underour brand name and license agreement) but wants to do installation and 1st level support to the customer but doesn't want to...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 04:22
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.18K Views
When is an NDA valid? OR How generic is is too generic?

There are a lot of questions up here about NDAs but I didn't see anything for more generic forms. Here's my issue: I'm a software engineer and have written some iOS (iPhone/iPad) software. A...

asked Jan 30 '11 at 05:28
Blank
Ryan
118 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
Are there free "terms and conditions" templates available?

I'm about to release my web app, and want a basic document that says "hey, when you pay us you're getting access to the app for a year. We reserve the right to change the app in ways that we think...

asked Jan 12 '11 at 08:30
Blank
Riley
193 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.35K Views
Maintaining LLC control with less than 50% ownership

Hopefully someone can gimme a hand. This is actually a question for a school project, but I've got some ideas kicking in my head for a startup, so I have good cause to know this for personal...

asked Nov 7 '10 at 08:30
Blank
Matt H.
130 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
Cheapest way to llc/merchant account?

My current startup(which consists of two) is going through incorporation, registering the merchant account and hooking it up with Braintree. I saw Jason L Baptiste's interview on Mixergy where he...

asked Nov 1 '10 at 04:14
Blank
Emil Hajric
161 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.79K Views
What is the difference between a reseller and distributor agreement?

I have a new partner that would like to resell our software under a white label or co-brand arrangement. They will also be handling some IT services surround the product but they will not be...

asked Oct 15 '10 at 03:21
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Paperwork for buying out my co-founder

I've agreed with my co-founder to buy him out for a trivial sum and we'll go our separate ways. I'll let him do whatever he wants with the IP we've built. I just need to write up a formal document...

asked May 2 '10 at 05:44
Blank
Andrew Watson
36 points