Legal Documents Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
7.36K Views
What's the difference between an operating agreement and a founders' agreement?

I am part of an LLC and have heard a lot about operating agreements and founders' agreements. What are the differences between the two for an LLC?

asked Oct 29 '11 at 00:38
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.96K Views
Where can I get cheap and good legal advice?

I am looking for good/cheap legal advice for a web application my friend is building. We will need to write a Term Of Service. Do we really need a lawyer for that? Are there templates out...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 17:23
Blank
Jean Nicolas Boulay Desjardins
162 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
US web startup - what legal steps do I need to take

I am on the verge of being ready to launch a new web application. The application charges a small monthly fee to its users. It is hosted on servers overseas. However, currently, there is no legal...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 16:54
Blank
Guywhoneedsahand
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Can you lawfully take over a company if someone steals your idea and they sign a document prior to you revealing your idea

If you hire somebody to develop a product for you, and they take the credit and the idea and make a success out of it, is it possible to have them sign a document stating that if they steal the...

asked Oct 24 '11 at 06:09
Blank
Michael Grigsby
111 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
what should go in a Memorandum of Association?

I'm planning on setting up a new business in the UK and gather I need a "Memorandum of Association". How important is this for a one-man company? Unbelievably, googling it does not yield any...

asked Aug 20 '11 at 06:49
Blank
Thom Carver
101 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.23K Views
How do you sign someone on a document over the internet?

I want to sign a freelancer on a legal document, what is the best way to do this? The document is something like ten pages with the last page containing the place to put the signature. Is it good...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 01:10
Blank
Fiftyeight
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
convertible debt term sheets and legal advice

I've just registered my new startup with the government so now the company is officially incorporated! (yippee!) I would now like to make a loan of about $5,000 to the company with my personal...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 11:22
Blank
Cmo
6 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.71K Views
How should I structure my web start up considering one of my new partners is in Sweden?

I've started a website that has gained significant popularity. While we don't make any money yet I now require the help of another person. The individual that I have brought on lives in Sweden. I...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 15:30
Blank
Bgadoci
121 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
3.75K Views
Are US NDAs enforceable in other countries?

Are NDAs a safe thing to do when hiring out of the country? I'm hiring freelancers to do some mobile programming work, and they reside in France. They have, very kindly, signed the NDA I provided...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 11:27
Blank
Zakman411
174 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Is it possible to start a business, but not have my name publicly associated with it?

This sounds ultra fishy, but it really is just for keeping a certain person from determining who is behind a company. I want to start a business with a business name, in any state, and not have my...

asked Jun 14 '11 at 03:09
Blank
No Thanks
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Legal constraints, responsibilities, and documentation required for prize based promotions

I'd like to run a prize based promotion in the USA -- and looking for suggestions on legal constraints, responsibilities, and documentation required to execute one. Yes, I know there are lots of...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 10:06
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Is it possible to setup a contract between two parties without being responsible for mistreatment

I recently started http://www.weekendhacker.net in which one of the ideas is to allow designers and developers to barter deals between them. Currently I am referring them to http://foundrs.com/...

asked May 25 '11 at 04:58
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Where can I find good document templates for various purposes related to online business

I am looking for good sample documents/document templates, for the following requirements- (1) Employment Contracts (for employees who will work from home using their own PCs, with software...

asked May 14 '11 at 19:16
Blank
Arvind
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Hiring a developer - Agreements and other formalities

I run a software startup based out of India. To write a module of my application I am talking to a developer. To make things formal I wanted to sign an agreement. The agreement should talk about...

asked May 6 '11 at 14:44
Blank
Johnny
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Where can I get a reliable writing service for EULA and licensing agreements?

I would like them to rewrite and create my own through the samples that I will copy from my competitor's website.

asked May 7 '11 at 04:24
Blank
Andy Carlson
28 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
What is product/IP startup?

Can some one help me understand about what is "Product/IP" Start up. What is that required for company to become a IP Startup? I mean officially or recordically what all we need to do to get to...

asked May 8 '11 at 15:51
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.36K Views
Can you transfer ownership of code written by subcontractor in the US?

Suppose subcontractor A makes software for company B. Both are in the US. Company B would like to retain the rights to any code created for the project and all data will reside on databases...

asked May 1 '11 at 15:50
Blank
Antonio
131 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
What key factors should be included in an exclusive international distributor agreement

We are a software company with an international partner in EU. They want to be exclusive as a distributor what should be the most important points we need in our agreement? Our product is not in a...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 22:54
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.18K Views
creating a non-disclosure agreement

I'd like to consult an expert here and there with a project I am developing. I've found plenty of templates for NDA agreements online and I've already modified one to suit my needs. Is there...

asked Mar 3 '11 at 11:56
Blank
Cyclone
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.66K Views
When a reseller is in the middle who signs software license Agreement?

I am licensing my software to my software distributor reseller. My reseller wants to use my license agreement that should be signed between us and Licensee. Does that make sense? If it does then...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 05:27
Blank
Stacey
484 points