Debt Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
How improbable is it that a founder with student loan debt will grab seed funding?

I noticed that student loan debt is almost never mentioned in articles discussing the acquisition of angel funding and funding from VC's. I have a hard time believing that investors will invest in...

asked May 14 '13 at 07:19
Blank
Mr Spock
106 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Debt financing for seed funding?

Can anyone recommend websites or organizations that would give loans to pre-revenue startups or to founders who don't currently have income? The simplicity and speed of this method could make it...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 20:49
Blank
Ashton M.
83 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Can we set NewCo's initial valuation at zero?

Background : Company A has developed a software product. Revenue is about $8K per month; margin is about 75% (after royalties). Debt owed to angel and family/friends investors is about $550K. The...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 09:50
Blank
Starting Fresh
11 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.15K Views
Collection: How to deal with a client who is going to dodge payment in Internet-based business?

I am a business translator and sourcing agent in Hangzhou, China. Recently a British businessman found me on the Internet and inquired about my service. He agreed on my service charge and I worked...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 11:00
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
convertible debt term sheets and legal advice

I've just registered my new startup with the government so now the company is officially incorporated! (yippee!) I would now like to make a loan of about $5,000 to the company with my personal...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 11:22
Blank
Cmo
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.68K Views
What does "warrants for the equity kicker" mean?

I was reading an article in a VC's blog and I found this explanation about venture debt: "The terms are usually three years, interest only, balloon payment, with warrants for the equity...

asked Jul 29 '11 at 04:08
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
Debt Free Tech Startups

Does anyone know of any Debt Free startups. Am wanting to ask a few questions of them since I am looking to start a company, but hate debt since it clouds my judgment. I am wanting to learn from...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 08:14
Blank
Percent20
322 points