Mobile Apps Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.99K Views
mobile app name registration before release

I am currently in the middle of developing for mobile application and website.. Because my app/web are still in development period, I didn't register my mobile application in Google play or iPhone...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 09:47
Blank
User948950
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
How to estimate future App Store sales?

Before launching an app in Apple's iPhone App Store, it would be useful to have at least a vague idea of the sales potential. But how on earth am I going to estimate this? As an example, let's...

asked May 13 '12 at 20:14
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
steps required to receive payments from app store as a non-US resident

I'm a non-US citizen and have a couple of free iOS applications in the app store. Now, i want to create non-free versions, but i'm trying to gather what are the requirements that i would need in...

asked May 21 '12 at 00:29
Blank
Lurscher
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
International house ads publisher. Why not?

This is not really a question but a muse about what I'm thinking of a better way to monetize mobile traffic via house ads. Yes, I seek your opinions. If I were to have a "worldwide" popular app at...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 20:36
Blank
Killua
68 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
7.06K Views
Should I form my LLC in NY or NJ for a mobile app company?

Two friends and myself are developing a mobile app that we will sell on the Apple app store and the Android marketplace. We have decided to form an LLC to sell the application. Two of us are...

asked Feb 17 '12 at 01:58
Blank
Frank
26 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
PUN domain name suffixes

Possible Duplicate: Non .Com Domains - Does it Really Affect Branding? I have been meaning to get on with my idea and first thing - the domain for its website. Naturally it was already taken,...

asked Feb 18 '12 at 03:09
Blank
Kellogs
135 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
Would anyone be willing to advertise audio books?

I am panning to release an audio book listening application to one of the new mobile platforms. It has a special features that makes the experience of listening books very pleasant and effective....

asked Nov 23 '11 at 22:57
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
Approaching big corps for partnerships

I've created a series of mobile games that could be effectively re-branded with products of large corporations. I'm an independent developer and already have a generic one being sold and can use it...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Old Mc Stopher
135 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
Writing a Terms of Service for my iPhone app that uses Google Analytics

I'm finding a resource for writing a TOC for my app that uses Google Analytics to analyze content traffic. I don't hire a lawyer and just plan to copy from someone else. Could you please point out...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Killua
68 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
6.16K Views
Does Lean startup work in Mobile?

I started reading into the lean start-up method, and it makes a lot of sense that this is the way to start a company. The thing is, can this method work with a mobile app, where it can take a while...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.16K Views
How much Apple will cut my revenue from selling items (e.g. shirts) in an iPhone app?

I'm developing a "free" iphone app for selling shirts based in an Asian country. The payment method is by credit cards or wire transfer, not by Apple's in-app purchases. Does Apple allow this kind...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 18:19
Blank
Killua
68 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Transition of a mobile app from free to freemium

I'm about to release a mobile app I wrote. Since the first version is somewhat bare-bones (aka a MVP), I'm making it free. However, in the future I want to use the freemium model. Do you think it's...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 13:41
Blank
Black Rider
297 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Marketing of a Tweetdeck type app

Is it possible to estimate the cost of acquiring 1 million users for an app similar to tweetdeck, but with different, unique features? Thank you in advance. Awni H.

asked Sep 6 '11 at 00:02
Blank
Awni Hussein
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
Monetizing Mobile Web Applications

What is the best way to accept payments in a mobile web application? Am I pretty much stuck with Paypal or Google Checkout, and having them take 30 cents for every transaction?

asked Sep 5 '11 at 14:03
Blank
Shane Fulmer
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Equity size for senior engineer

what is a reasonable equity size for very senior engineer (12-13 yrs) at a 20-40 person startup, the startup is supposedly profitable and has not gone through funding rounds yet and has been around...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 02:38
Blank
User549164
8 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Can mobile users pay other mobile users in app?

I'm not looking for a digital wallet, but rather a service with an API that we could use to let people who use our app make payments to others using our app (iOS/Android) Does this service exist yet?

asked Jul 8 '11 at 16:30
Blank
Long Winter
271 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Business Models for High-Price Mobile Apps

What business models exist for mobile applications beyond the AppStores that are run by the platform owner (Apple, Google)? The standard business model seems to be low priced apps in 3 segments...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 22:36
Blank
Johannes Rudolph
348 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.92K Views
Preferred mobile platform for new app

We are getting into the dev of a mobile app for our startup. I have a preference in terms of which platform I want to start with, due to my current market demographics. However I also fall under...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 23:22
Blank
Sam
509 points