Books Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
Which book instantly changed you? Both for personal and business benefit.

What is one book that had the deepest impact on you the instant you were done (or in the process) reading it? Why was the book so significant?

asked Apr 3 '14 at 10:29
Blank
Marie Spence
4 points

15 Votes
27 Answers
66.3K Views
Recommended books for entrepreneurs to read?

I just started reading The Entrepreneur's Guide to Business Law and it is very good. Are there any other books you would recommend?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 16:22
Blank
Stapler Scissor
96 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Jab Jab Jab Right Hook: your takeaways from the book?

If you've read the book Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk, what are the key things you have learnt?I'm looking for actionable things that you would use in the real world.

asked Mar 17 '14 at 18:18
Blank
John Bolden
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Which one book had the biggest impact in your success?

If you had to pick just one, which book would you say had the most positive impact for your career / business success. My own vote would be for The Art of Pitch by Peter Coughter.

asked Feb 8 '14 at 22:10
Blank
Zohra Sahertian
26 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Should a startup beginner know basics of marketing & sales& advertising & other business sections when he starts a startup?

Shall i read many books about marketing/sales etc when i just begin startups? The reason i ask is because no matter what a great developer you are or best program/software/app you have - you can't...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 09:37
Blank
Erjan
103 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
2.85K Views
How can fewer features be better?

Just today I started to get interested in this field and I've started with Getting Real. I kept seeing answers here that recommend it and it also seems trustworthy. However, one thing I don't get...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 00:48
Blank
Ken
143 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
How E-Myth is relevant for a software company?

I am in planning stage of my first startup and to get better equipped with knowledge/tools for that, I am reading number of books that are recommended as must-read for entrepreneurs. One such book...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 18:46
Blank
Ali
179 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
A day in the life of a CEO

Does anyone know of a book that details the typical day to day routine of a CEO of a company? We all know the high level duties that a CEO must perform, but then I have yet to find good...

asked Feb 19 '12 at 16:04
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

-5 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
What incentives could I offer to keep customers?

I'd like to start a business in the service industry (not a restaurant) with a very low barrier to entry (as such I can't give specifics). Aside from making the best product/service that I can,...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 15:23
Blank
Gili
178 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only books which matters every month?

How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only few important books which matters every month and disregard the others due to information overload ?

asked Dec 15 '11 at 17:05
Blank
Drew X
77 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
Would anyone be willing to advertise audio books?

I am panning to release an audio book listening application to one of the new mobile platforms. It has a special features that makes the experience of listening books very pleasant and effective....

asked Nov 23 '11 at 22:57
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Are books, videos, and blogs targeting startups really useful or are they just a distraction?

These days internet startups have gained a lot of popularity among young people and developers of all ages. Because of this same reason, many people have also started to benefit from this...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 13:29
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.27K Views
How to use a new book for start-up marketing

I am seeking best practices on the use of a book as part of launching a consulting practice. One option in the business plan that has been identified is the writing of a small book -- about 30K...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 04:07
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.47K Views
How do you get the names of MBA textbooks being used in Wharton, Columbia or Harvard?

Ivy league colleges do provide their specific curriculum, but they don't give out the textbooks names, how do you get them ? So far I have been able to find wharton 2005-06 books list on amazon...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Jack
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Business and marketing books for a video game developer

I've been running a pretty large mod team for about 2 years. We all decided that we wish to establish a game development company, and start working on a title for PC. I have begun forging...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 06:50
Blank
Winston
6 points

0 Votes
6 Answers
2.47K Views
What biography is both inspiring and relevant to a modern technology startup?

Who have you enjoyed reading about most? Which biography has provided the most insight and perspective into a brilliant founder's mind? I have really enjoyed Founders at Work, by the way - even...

asked Jul 17 '11 at 01:41
Blank
Brian
134 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
Books necessary for a completely newbie

I am a recent graduate and soon I am starting my own company in the IT/Tech. Because always all of my studies were mostly technical(computer programming,coding,...) and do not have that much work...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 07:04
Blank
Hossein
111 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
What are good books on management and organization to excel as a startup COO?

Preferably specifically targeted for startups in Tech/IT. I seem to find a lot about large corporations, but very little good literature about scaling from a small/midsize into a large...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 23:05
Blank
John Sjölander
2,082 points

7 Votes
9 Answers
2.66K Views
Do you have recommendations for books on unsuccessful startups?

There are thousands of books out there that tell us about all kinds of successful and inspiring companies, and why they are successful. But what about promising companies that failed in the first...

asked Jun 20 '11 at 11:49
Blank
Heavy Wave
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Any Good Books on Building a Strong Sales Force?

I have a few subscription based services which have grown consistently though affiliates and resellers. I want to get a strong sales force going. Do you have any books, training, blogs, etc. that...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 11:01
Blank
Rafferty Pendery
466 points