Education Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
Educational startups: how do you handle down seasons?

Almost any education related website sees a spike when school is in and then traffic drops off (by over half in my case) when school it out. How do other startups deal with seasonal traffic, and...

asked May 2 '14 at 00:55
Blank
Lakisha Black
14 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.11K Views
Verifying college degrees while hiring engineers?

Should you ask for college transcripts or a copy of the college degree when hiring software engineers? Wouldn't it be easy to just lie on the resume otherwise and state you have a PhD from Harvard?

asked Aug 30 '14 at 18:13
Blank
Darin Swint
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
Would you recommend a high schooler or an entrepreneur go to college?

I'm a passionate high school student becoming a young entrepreneur. But I question if I should go to college or not. The college degrees seem unnecessary. I need advice from experienced entrepreneurs.

asked Sep 4 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Jo Ken
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.35K Views
Are there any startup related classes / seminars in Boston?

I'm moving to the Boston area for a job and have to venture into building my business on the side. Since this will be a first for me, I would love to learn from the startup experts. Are there any...

asked Jun 29 '15 at 09:58
Blank
Alvaro Perkins
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Is it worth getting an MBA before doing your startup?

Would you recommend getting an MBA in order to be better positioned to run a startup? If not, what are some concepts that MBAs learn that one can study on their own time?

asked Apr 18 '14 at 19:55
Blank
Ronald Ramos
12 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
5.09K Views
Why have most successful entrepreneurs gone to ivy league colleges?

Is there any correlation between going to an ivy league school and being successful in startups? Almost every successful startup in the valley has a founder which went to an ivy league school.Also,...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 23:26
Blank
Martha Gonzales
55 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
Best educational videos when just starting with entrepreneurship?

Just came across a question here which asked about best motivational videos for entrepreneurs.Along those lines:Which are the best instructional videos (with actual advice, not just motivational...

asked Mar 24 '14 at 10:59
Blank
Daniel Martin
60 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
How to teach kids entrepreneurial skills?

What are some things and ways to teach a child entrepreneurship skills that will help shape them?

asked Mar 16 '14 at 10:59
Blank
Chung Mejia
30 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Is an MBA useful in starting a company?

I am deciding on whether to go back to school or just learn the relevant things myself.What parts of an MBA would you say are the most beneficial to a startup?

asked Feb 25 '14 at 22:54
Blank
Stanley Baggett
100 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Would enterprise level companies need a platform to educate their employees? What tools currently exist?

Are there any available platforms that provide a way for big companies to educate their employees on procedures online? I am thinking of building such a solution and interested to hear thoughts if...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 11:30
Blank
Jasmine Williams
50 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Is the educational space profitable to create an SaaS product?

Is it possible to start a company in the educational space that can reach several million dollars in revenue? Most of the innovation in the space seems to be coming from non-profits like Khan...

asked Feb 13 '14 at 20:47
Blank
Edward Marra
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.6K Views
Revenue Models and advertising revenue

I am new to making/managing websites. Infact, I haven't even dipped my toe in yet. I have an idea with a potential client base in Millions(education related). The content is being provided by a...

asked Nov 25 '13 at 07:07
Blank
Bernard
1 point

-3 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
How to handle employee when founding CEO has low educational qualification than employee?

Will there be any ego problems when founding CEO ( not necessarily CEO - any person who founded the company and now running it) has low educational qualification than his new employees? What to do...

asked Feb 24 '13 at 18:21
Blank
Abhijit Navale
245 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.18K Views
How can I get seed funding for an educational startup?

I have looked into Imagine k-12, and sadly they are closed to new applicants right now which I'm super bummed about, and NewSchools. How else can I get seed funding for an educational startup that...

asked Dec 2 '12 at 19:18
Blank
Apis Girl
38 points

-1 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
What kind of knowledge do you need to start a company?

Surely someone must have asked this before, but I couldn't find it, so here goes. I have a degree in computer science. I'm a software developer. But I love the idea of getting into business. But I...

asked Nov 15 '12 at 07:06
Blank
Aerovistae
115 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
How can I apply the Lean Startup technique to an online course

The course will be made up of videos and we're going to have them professionally filmed all at one time, and we won't be able to do them twice, so I'm not sure how I would make a minimum viable...

asked Nov 17 '12 at 12:36
Blank
User1739162
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
How do I get sponsors or funding for a project?

Here in Tanzania it seems that education is becoming less and less important. So I decided to design a "READ for SUCCESS" project which will convince people to back college/school and to motivate...

asked Oct 23 '12 at 22:13
Blank
Kareem
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Interactive Educational Game

I'm a high school Special Education teacher who would like to develop an online educational game for students with disabilities. My current tech skills are minimal. Since my idea is in its infancy,...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 04:08
Blank
Nyc Teacher
6 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
3.71K Views
How much importance do Degrees (study) hold in becoming an Entrepreneur?

I have a Masters degree in Computer Science. I always thought that when I was small I was more innovative and more risk taking than I am today. From childhood, I have a dream of doing my own...

asked Jan 4 '12 at 03:14
Blank
Gagandeep Singh
136 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
If I can find someone who will work for an employee's salary rate as a contractor, should I hire them?

I am 1 year into my own Startup Software business and all is going well. We have enough money to hire someone and after pushing 90-130 hours a week for the last 4 months, I think it's a sensible...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 19:45
Blank
Optician
106 points