College Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
Verifying college degrees while hiring engineers?

Should you ask for college transcripts or a copy of the college degree when hiring software engineers? Wouldn't it be easy to just lie on the resume otherwise and state you have a PhD from Harvard?

asked Aug 30 '14 at 18:13
Blank
Darin Swint
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Would you recommend a high schooler or an entrepreneur go to college?

I'm a passionate high school student becoming a young entrepreneur. But I question if I should go to college or not. The college degrees seem unnecessary. I need advice from experienced entrepreneurs.

asked Sep 4 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Jo Ken
1 point

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.33K Views
Finding A Tech Co-Founder

I have been working on my internet startup and need a tech co-founder to help me get the project actually going. I am finding it extremely hard to find a co-founder with programming...

asked Jul 7 '13 at 05:49
Blank
Dillon Carter
14 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.15K Views
College Interns v/s Professional Developers?

We are currently facing a dilemma as to whether should we hire interns from colleges (as their summer vacations are about to start) or should we approach some professional guys to build our...

asked May 20 '12 at 04:50
Blank
Addi Xn
23 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
What kind of impact a failed startup has got on your career?

I'm thinking about my own software house and I'm very serious about it. Right now, I'm in my first year of studies (got Bsc, pursuing master) and I have a feeling that I would have to drop out of...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 04:41
Blank
Lukas
110 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
Hire a College Intern

How should one go about trying to offer internship to students at XYZ university? And is it even possible for a startup company? Some sample conditions that would be under...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 07:21
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points