Technical Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2K Views
Google Analytics: how to tie together web, chrome extension and backend analytics?

Background: I have built a website & extension. It's a basic video transcoding service. A user installs the chrome extension on chrome store or by clicking a link on my website. Then, they...

asked Aug 30 '14 at 00:12
Blank
user7823742
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.89K Views
Technical founders: what tools would lessen your productivity if they didn't exist?

What are the some technical tools and software that you use, which if they didn't exist, would put a sizable dent in your productivity?

asked May 15 '14 at 15:11
Blank
Margaret Roberson
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.62K Views
Alternative to reCAPTCHA to prevent automated signups?

I tried adding reCaptcha to my signup page in order to prevent automated signups (we're having a problem where someone is creating hundreds of accounts a day to spam).Adding the captcha resulted in...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 01:27
Blank
Mark Guy
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.93K Views
How much salary and equity to ask for CTO?

I am recently approach by one start up company CEO to work for him as CTO. There will be 3 person in team,CEO,CTO,CFO. My responsibilities in company would be to look after all such tech. part and...

asked Sep 26 '13 at 06:09
Blank
Daniel
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Is a CTO mandatory in a startup?

We are currently facing the problem of deciding who should be the CTO. Up until now we have divided responsibilities and duties in the following way: a person is responsible for the frontend a...

asked Aug 27 '13 at 23:53
Blank
Walbell
6 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.3K Views
Finding A Tech Co-Founder

I have been working on my internet startup and need a tech co-founder to help me get the project actually going. I am finding it extremely hard to find a co-founder with programming...

asked Jul 7 '13 at 05:49
Blank
Dillon Carter
14 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
Is it okay for a student working(part-time) in a startup to ask for equity?

I'am a student and joined a Startup as a summer intern, as a Web Developer. Later on I said that I am willing to continue work for at least 1 year (part time) and they agreed. Is it okay if I ask...

asked Jul 14 '13 at 03:56
Blank
Gaurav Goyal
47 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.12K Views
How much equity for co-founder reducing role for academic program?

I'm a technical co-founder in a pre-funding company in a niche tech segment, working with two non-technical co-founders who have largely overlapping skill sets. I met them at a networking event and...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 15:07
Blank
User25060
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.73K Views
Looking for the right web agency partner

I've started a small web development agency in Cambridge, Uk and I'm just to busy to handle all the work load...I feel like I'm missing out on potential work and I'm starting to drop the ball in...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 09:39
Blank
Charles Marsh
3 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.24K Views
How to deal with the technology side of a startup, or scale a technologically-oriented startup?

This is two questions in one, but they're so closely related that they ought to be addressed together. A. If I were founding a non-technological start up -- say a financial services group -- how...

asked Jan 2 '13 at 08:47
Blank
Aerovistae
115 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Technical Co-Founder Contract

There are a couple startups I'm thinking about joining. They are in very early stages (seed round or incubation). I am interested in the position of technical co-founder. They've all asked that we...

asked Dec 4 '12 at 09:57
Blank
Scott Coates
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
I want to be a Tech Co Founder- how do I get noticed?

Possible Duplicate: How to find potential co-founders for a startup? I'm a developer with about 25 years of experience under my belt. Currently working on P2P programming and Ruby on Rails....

asked May 16 '12 at 09:31
Blank
Karan
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Can I create a startup without a business co-founder at first?

Long story short: I've had my fair share of bad business partners (the ones who were supposed to fill the holes on the business end from legal to marketing to sales). Being a technical person...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 08:06
Blank
Bojo
8 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Asking a company to be a tech partner

I have been on a fruitless search for a technical partner to help me build a web startup. In the meantime, I went ahead and had the MVP built by an offshore company. They've done a pretty good job,...

asked Dec 29 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
How to negotiate as a technical co-founder?

A few people have asked me recently to start a business with them. In each case, the other person tells me that he's got this awesome idea for a mobile app / website / software that I should...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 01:18
Blank
Siamii
195 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Where to look for Japanese speaking tech. co-founder?

I have a sort of "specific" dilemma. I am a founder of start-up (business networking platform) which target market is East Asia and Japan being one of the most important markets. Our beta is ready...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 17:31
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
How much say should technical co-founder have in deciding features/look of half-technical product?

Consider a startup that offers a specific technical solution to a generic problem in a certain creative industry. One core part of that solution is a website, and it caters to customers mostly...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 02:23
Blank
Geradeausanwalt
116 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
HP Touchpad/WebOS Apps?

I just bought a HP Touchpad on the cheap. I'm really loving WebOS, and I'm thinking about doing some WebOS development. Are there any statistics/case studies about developers that have made money...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 11:20
Blank
Paul
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Is a 50+ year old technical Cofounder a "fit" for a social mobile app?

I have a very specific situation regarding a potential cofounder, and would be really grateful for your feedback. I'm working on a LBS mobile app for meeting new people in real-life. I'm in my...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 17:08
Blank
Derek
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Where to find coders interested in a seeded start-up based in Italy?

We are 3 partners and friends based in Milan, Italy, who started a crowdsourcing site which allows academics to work on short-term assignments. We launched in March of this year, and managed to...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 19:06
Blank
User1073693
11 points