Non Technical Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.34K Views
How can a non-engineer founder know if the developer they hired is any good?

I'm a non-technical founder who is hiring my first employee, a Ruby on Rails engineer. While I'm great at execution on the business end, I'm clueless when it comes to the actual tech that my...

asked Jun 12 '15 at 00:11
Blank
Mary Gould
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Instead of finding a technical cofounder, can I just make a "hacker collective?"

I recently had the thought that instead of trying to find a cofounder or two, and promising them inexact amounts of equity (we never hear of 23.61% cofounder equity), I could instead just leverage...

asked Dec 6 '13 at 11:09
Blank
User258613
13 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
What does a non-technical co-founder do?

I am a software engineer and I am thinking about jumping into the startup world. I realize that at some point in my journey, I will need help from someone. This someone could be a coder, or a...

asked Apr 7 '12 at 05:55
Blank
Denniss
116 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
5.11K Views
Is 50/50 partnership in an LLC a good idea when partner has idea and money?

I have seen similar questions, but am curious if this seems like a fair arrangement. Partner and I have already started a 50/50 split LLC. Myself: Technical vision, skills, no capital investment...

asked Dec 20 '11 at 03:51
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Is my role as non technical guy valuable enough in this case?

How do I approach this situation? I m a non-technical guy, but I want to set up a very basic search engine which would search for data from a MYSQL database of data collected by us.The data is...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 18:30
Blank
User13528
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Starting an MBA essay application consulting firm?

I'm a college entrepreneur (currently pursuing my bachelors in Business) and I've been studying/reading books about the different strategies that successful business school candidates use to get...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 14:48
Blank
Djs13
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Best place to find partners?

I know this question has already been asked in many ways, but I'm looking for a more general answer. I'd like to know which is the best place to find technical people to work with. Has anybody out...

asked May 17 '11 at 19:49
Blank
Calixte
137 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.92K Views
Should a non-techie professional start a website without a techie partner?

I am a non-IT/techie professional and have created a website through a web designing firm. Although, I have learned about various aspects of designing and running a website through reading, I am no...

asked Mar 19 '10 at 01:18
Blank
Joydeep
185 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.48K Views
How can non/coders contribute to a startup?

The subject is the question. How can someone who does not know how to code contribute to a startup? Do you recommend that that member attempt to learn some basic coding so as to contribute to the...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 11:23
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points