MBA Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Is it worth getting an MBA before doing your startup?

Would you recommend getting an MBA in order to be better positioned to run a startup? If not, what are some concepts that MBAs learn that one can study on their own time?

asked Apr 18 '14 at 19:55
Blank
Ronald Ramos
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Example business models to learn from?

One of the things MBAs learn that is most beneficial in business is analysis of business models. For someone without an MBA, how can I learn this? Are there any resources available on the web?

asked Apr 10 '14 at 14:55
Blank
Patricia Veras
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Is an MBA useful in starting a company?

I am deciding on whether to go back to school or just learn the relevant things myself.What parts of an MBA would you say are the most beneficial to a startup?

asked Feb 25 '14 at 22:54
Blank
Stanley Baggett
100 points

-4 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Failed startup right after MBA. Is my career in jeopardy?

I completed my MBA in 2012 and then worked for 6 months as an analyst, but quit my job to work on a startup. I am not a technical person so I hired a company to develop the website and we ran...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 20:06
Blank
Kriti
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Upto what extent is MBA useful in launching and running startups?

I am an Engineering student. I have killer products for startups. Should I launch it today or should I get MBA expertise first? Please, help.

MBA
asked May 7 '12 at 04:00
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.47K Views
How do you get the names of MBA textbooks being used in Wharton, Columbia or Harvard?

Ivy league colleges do provide their specific curriculum, but they don't give out the textbooks names, how do you get them ? So far I have been able to find wharton 2005-06 books list on amazon...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Jack
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Starting an MBA essay application consulting firm?

I'm a college entrepreneur (currently pursuing my bachelors in Business) and I've been studying/reading books about the different strategies that successful business school candidates use to get...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 14:48
Blank
Djs13
30 points

13 Votes
6 Answers
3.95K Views
How does a technical person evaluate an MBA-type business partner?

I've read a lot of questions asking about how an MBA can find a technical person to implement their idea, but I haven't seen the other direction. As a technical person, I know that I can get my...

asked Oct 27 '09 at 05:37
Blank
Paul Mc Millan
601 points

3 Votes
11 Answers
4.26K Views
Does a small startup really *need* someone with an MBA?

Inspired by this question, I want to know if people think a small startup (3-5 people) actually needs someone with an MBA. Especially if the group has reasonably diverse skills and isn't going the...

asked Oct 27 '09 at 08:30
Blank
Gabriel Hurley
785 points

4 Votes
9 Answers
3.85K Views
MBA - Education Vs. Networking

What is more important in an MBA, the education one receives or the networking one gets? In the field of entrepreneurship, the top ranking MBA school is a relatively unknown school called Babson...

MBA
asked Oct 31 '09 at 18:49
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

5 Votes
10 Answers
4.03K Views
Should I get an MBA first, or just go ahead and launch our software to the global market?

Basically we created a small company a few years ago, and part of our venture is that we created this software which is really easy to use, but it currently exists only in our local language. There...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 07:24
Blank
User14
26 points