Business Model Questions

-2 Votes
0 Answers
Not-for-Profit - Sports Business Model - Help !

Hello , I'm seeking reference not-for-profit , sports business model , like multi-sports training academy .

1 Votes
1 Answers
How can I save my failing product?

Background: My product extracts data from pdf files. Free users get 8 free jobs. Paying users get 40 jobs. Each job is a data extraction from a pdf file. Problem: User engagement terminates after...

asked Sep 19 '14 at 08:49
Blank
user7823742
21 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Is a commission based digital marketing and conversion optimisation business viable?

I have a certificate from Google Squared in digital marketing, I also have several years designing and building conversion optimised lead generation websites.I'd like to start a hobby project where...

asked Apr 23 '15 at 09:22
Blank
J
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
What are some online business to start that deal with recovery from natural disasters?

What are some types of businesses that can started that help cities recover from natural disasters while at the same time generate some revenue?The only one that really exists like now is something...

asked Jun 8 '15 at 09:55
Blank
Paul Card
12 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.32K Views
What are some resources for learning about lifestyle-brand ecommerce businesses? [more answers welcome!]

I'm digging in to this industry and would love insight into what's unique about lifestyle ecommerce businesses / the consumer path to purchase in businesses like Holstee, Ministry of Supply,...

asked Jun 26 '15 at 19:46
Blank
Jay Neely
6,050 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
6.91K Views
How can I monetize a job board website?

I have a job board website listing local jobs in my country. There are two kind of customers: the job seekers and the employer. I have some ideas but I want your advice about monetizing the...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 06:46
Blank
Waseem Abu Senjer
28 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Business Model Generation Canvas vs. Lean Canvas?

What are the pros and cons of each type of business model canvas? I'm new to both and would love to hear from other entrepreneurs which one they prefer and why.

asked May 14 '14 at 17:12
Blank
Martin Tamayo
9 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What are some large companies that make most of their product from one product line? Ex: Apple

A majority of Apple's revenue comes from the iPhone. What are some other large companies whose business is dependant upon a single product line?

asked Apr 27 '14 at 14:41
Blank
Timothy Austin
2 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Is it possible to create a paid Q&A model for a site for lawyers (where people ask legal questions)?

Similar to Bright Journey, would people pay to get short answers from lawyers on their legal questions? The answers wouldn't replace a retained attorney, but would only be used to get clarity on...

asked Apr 27 '14 at 12:10
Blank
Dan Paul
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Example business models to learn from?

One of the things MBAs learn that is most beneficial in business is analysis of business models. For someone without an MBA, how can I learn this? Are there any resources available on the web?

asked Apr 10 '14 at 14:55
Blank
Patricia Veras
2 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Testing different business models without disrupting the current UX?

I have a social media monitoring tool that has some traction already. How can I try out different business models (to monetize) without confusing or frustrating users?

asked Mar 15 '14 at 13:53
Blank
Allen Linder
10 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Review HitBliss: what do you think of the service?

I am not associated with them but find their business model interesting and looking to start something similar.Some questions about HitBliss:Is there enough value there for users to start using...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 16:15
Blank
Brenda Patterson
20 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
What are all the possible business models that can be used on the web?

Apart from advertising and SaaS, could you provide a list of all possible other business models (regardless of the type of business it is).

asked Feb 20 '14 at 00:11
Blank
James Linville
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
Sell a product: self hosted vs saas

I'm currently working on a project, which is a self hosted web app. It's a project management tool built on wordpress. It's for small businesses, so enterprise is not a target market. I'm selling...

asked Dec 8 '13 at 03:21
Blank
Iamzozo
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
Why isn't the franchising model popular online?

Why aren't there popular examples (actually I haven't seen any) of the franchise model applied to online services? E.g. franchise of a given service for local (different language) versions or...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 00:59
Blank
Drabsv
36 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
How do you test different revenue models?

If you have a startup business that could use any one of a number of different revenue models, how do you go about testing/evaluating each model? For example, you might try: Freemium model vs....

asked Sep 30 '13 at 01:29
Blank
Steve
310 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How do Car / Ride Sharing websites make their money

Car / Lift / Ride Sharing websites are all over the net these days, and they all seem to be offering free registration, free searching, and free information on those offering rides. (e.g. BlaBlaCar...

asked Oct 5 '13 at 06:48
Blank
Ciwan
103 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Self sustaining business model

I'm building this mentoring web app and as much as possible I want it to be free. Initially I'll be using my own money to set it up but I also don't want to keep paying for the infrastructure costs...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 09:17
Blank
Marconi
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
What are the tradeoffs of showing ads to free users from start vs. adding them in later?

Suppose I have a web application where the intention is ultimately to go the freemium route, with some users paying for extra features, and others having a smaller set of features for free, while...

asked Sep 4 '13 at 23:48
Blank
rbwhitaker
3,465 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
Got the niche, business model, system design, waiting customers...need to build it.

Classic Chicken or Egg Dilemma: I need to raise funds to build the system I have designed. I need the system built to generate revenue from my customer. I need to be generating revenue to raise...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 14:36
Blank
W00dc4ip
18 points