Business Model Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.25K Views
How do I split company profits 3 ways?

Hi , Me and two of my friends are opening a retail space in order to rental out nail booths. If we have 8+ booths and are charging about $400+ monthly rent ( not sure if you need this info) how...

asked Jul 29 '20 at 06:20
Blank
Sey S
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
How can I save my failing product?

Background: My product extracts data from pdf files. Free users get 8 free jobs. Paying users get 40 jobs. Each job is a data extraction from a pdf file. Problem: User engagement terminates after...

asked Sep 19 '14 at 08:49
Blank
user7823742
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
What are some online business to start that deal with recovery from natural disasters?

What are some types of businesses that can started that help cities recover from natural disasters while at the same time generate some revenue?The only one that really exists like now is something...

asked Jun 8 '15 at 09:55
Blank
Paul Card
12 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
7.34K Views
What are some resources for learning about lifestyle-brand ecommerce businesses? [more answers welcome!]

I'm digging in to this industry and would love insight into what's unique about lifestyle ecommerce businesses / the consumer path to purchase in businesses like Holstee, Ministry of Supply,...

asked Jun 26 '15 at 19:46
Blank
Jay Neely
6,050 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
11.1K Views
How can I monetize a job board website?

I have a job board website listing local jobs in my country. There are two kind of customers: the job seekers and the employer. I have some ideas but I want your advice about monetizing the...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 06:46
Blank
Waseem Abu Senjer
28 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Example business models to learn from?

One of the things MBAs learn that is most beneficial in business is analysis of business models. For someone without an MBA, how can I learn this? Are there any resources available on the web?

asked Apr 10 '14 at 14:55
Blank
Patricia Veras
2 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
What are all the possible business models that can be used on the web?

Apart from advertising and SaaS, could you provide a list of all possible other business models (regardless of the type of business it is).

asked Feb 20 '14 at 00:11
Blank
James Linville
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Why isn't the franchising model popular online?

Why aren't there popular examples (actually I haven't seen any) of the franchise model applied to online services? E.g. franchise of a given service for local (different language) versions or...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 00:59
Blank
Drabsv
36 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
How do you test different revenue models?

If you have a startup business that could use any one of a number of different revenue models, how do you go about testing/evaluating each model? For example, you might try: Freemium model vs....

asked Sep 30 '13 at 01:29
Blank
Steve
310 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
How do Car / Ride Sharing websites make their money

Car / Lift / Ride Sharing websites are all over the net these days, and they all seem to be offering free registration, free searching, and free information on those offering rides. (e.g. BlaBlaCar...

asked Oct 5 '13 at 06:48
Blank
Ciwan
103 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Self sustaining business model

I'm building this mentoring web app and as much as possible I want it to be free. Initially I'll be using my own money to set it up but I also don't want to keep paying for the infrastructure costs...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 09:17
Blank
Marconi
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
What are the tradeoffs of showing ads to free users from start vs. adding them in later?

Suppose I have a web application where the intention is ultimately to go the freemium route, with some users paying for extra features, and others having a smaller set of features for free, while...

asked Sep 4 '13 at 23:48
Blank
rbwhitaker
3,465 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
Got the niche, business model, system design, waiting customers...need to build it.

Classic Chicken or Egg Dilemma: I need to raise funds to build the system I have designed. I need the system built to generate revenue from my customer. I need to be generating revenue to raise...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 14:36
Blank
W00dc4ip
18 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Converting a paid service to a free service

Are there any examples where converting a paid service to a free service caused issues for subscribers? Imagine a startup with a paid service, that is acquired by a large corp who lacks a...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 22:49
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
6.68K Views
What is the revenue model of websites like stackoverflow.com?

The question includes all websites under stackexchange. If someone wants to create a website like this what revenue generation models are there?

asked Jul 26 '13 at 22:29
Blank
Gaurav Goyal
47 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
How can I monetize an english e-learning website?

I have an English e-learning website provide text chat, audio and live lesson via Skype. my customer are student and office worker who want to improve English speaking. Now, I earn money by...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 11:29
Blank
Linh Smile
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Is it bad to consider a profit margin on the first year of a launch?

I am building my product catalog with prices for my print company but I realized that I cannot accurately calculate my profit margin because I have no net sales or revenue yet. So I was curious to...

asked Jun 5 '13 at 04:25
Blank
Matt 2.0
188 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Sale commission for someone who brings a big fish (SaaS model)

I was wondering what is a reasonable/fare commission for someone (call him an agent) who can introduce us to a potential big client. I estimate the client can generate at minimum 400K-600K a year...

asked May 2 '13 at 08:47
Blank
Adhg
250 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
How relevant is business plan/business model before starting up?

I have worked with some startups, and heard people saying, they have bla...bla...bla business plan that is way better than their competitor, and for sucess you must have a good business model ...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 19:09
Blank
Ay89
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
how secure is sharing business idea for investment

I've a simple idea which I believe will definitely yield good returns. Now how I can share such simple idea with multiple potential investors. I fear they may say no to me but implement my idea...

asked Mar 25 '13 at 23:13
Blank
The Lucky Goof
113 points