Branding Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
6.44K Views
Should you care about branding when first launching a startup?

Is it worth worrying about branding principles (name, logo, slogan, etc) when launching your app? Or should that come afterwards once you get some customers?One issue is that renaming a company...

asked May 21 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Brian Flores
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Naming an online bookkeeping service startup in Australia?

We would love feedback from the community on which of the following company names is the best to choose for our startup.As background, we have ran a couple of naming contests and have gone through...

asked Jun 18 '14 at 09:43
Blank
garyjames
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
Competitors using similar words in their offerings

So my business is called The Hot Wafel (Wafel is spelled like this in Europe).A competitor is using the words "Hot Waffles" to describe what he offers to the public. Is their potential conflict...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 00:53
Blank
Rick Unuia
6 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
7.34K Views
What are some resources for learning about lifestyle-brand ecommerce businesses? [more answers welcome!]

I'm digging in to this industry and would love insight into what's unique about lifestyle ecommerce businesses / the consumer path to purchase in businesses like Holstee, Ministry of Supply,...

asked Jun 26 '15 at 19:46
Blank
Jay Neely
6,050 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
Will social media take over traditional means of marketing?

With the increasing number of social media websites, and businesses all over the world using social media for promoting and branding their products, will this over take the traditional way of...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 20:43
Blank
Dart Consulting
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
20.4K Views
Why do so many startups use .io domain names?

The only reason I can see is that .com domains for the name you want are hard to come by. Apart from that reason, is there any other benefit to an .io domain? What are the Pros and Cons of using...

asked May 13 '14 at 13:40
Blank
William Cunningham
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Should I form an LLC, get a copyright, or S corp for an online educational platform?

I'm sure if I should do an LLC, S.Corp or whatnot for my online educational business. Also, I have a name, but what would I legalize it as? This has had me stumped and I want to share the idea,...

asked Mar 12 '14 at 18:31
Blank
Imani Pope
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Changing your startup's name?

How should I go about changing my startup's name? What are some things to keep in mind in terms of marketing and branding?

asked Mar 12 '14 at 08:13
Blank
Robert Thompson
47 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.91K Views
How to define your target market on a broad service?

One of the main reasons I've joined is to learn how I can best push a open-source product I've worked on with the occasional help of others over the years. Approach is most capable as a SaaS...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 20:48
Blank
Garet Claborn
324 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
How can entrepreneurs build their personal brands?

Even though I have been an entrepreneur for several years, I am not active in the "community". I don't use Twitter or Facebook. How do you guys build your own personal brand? Is it helpful in your...

asked Feb 17 '14 at 12:55
Blank
User30132
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Where do you go for naming resources help?

We are working on a site which will basically be an event directory/ aggregator for tech and business events, conferences, workshops, etc. Focused on tech events. We don't have the money to...

asked May 16 '10 at 12:08
Blank
Jessica
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
How much should I pay for this domain?

I found the perfect domain name for my startup idea. But, how do I know how much to pay for it? It's currently at auction on GoDaddy, and the auction ends Oct 11. The owner is asking $60, but I...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 19:38
Blank
Sam
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Should we call our company a company, or an incorporation, or an LTD?

We're a software company, including like 35 employees, working in a very specific field. We have 3 stakeholders, and each of them have like 30 percent of the overall shares. We just can't...

asked Sep 7 '13 at 18:14
Blank
Saeed Neamati
153 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.02K Views
Is it okay when product name sounds similar the company name ? Company name is XXXX Labs and product name is XXXX?

Is it a good practice ? Or I should think to apply different names for company and its only one (at this time) product ?

asked May 25 '13 at 00:39
Blank
Alexey Grigoryev
62 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Should I use my company or website logo on my business card

I have a start-up company and currently working and promoting one website. Should I use the logo of the website or the logo of the company on my business card when I approach corporate clients to...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 15:53
Blank
Zen
8 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
How to successfully use a LinkedIn company page?

I created a LinkedIn company page a while back, but never did anything with it. Now I’m considering spending a little bit of time trying to use the company page to create brand awareness and...

asked Feb 10 '13 at 02:55
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
I don't agree with my social media marketing team. Please advice who is right

I am working on developing a platform that allows sports fans to interact with their star athletes. I have outsourced social media marketing for initial 2 months. Now we have developed differences...

asked Feb 5 '13 at 17:26
Blank
Trana
24 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Which is the best naming strategy scenario to follow for our startup?

a colleagues and I are trying to find the most appropriate name for our startup, is about software consulting for small companies. We already have established a small company that we deal with web...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 23:25
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.36K Views
What do you think about company names that end with Land?

I'm thinking about naming my company (financial services) with a name which ends with "Land". E.g. if I was selling books it would be bookland or aqualand if I sold bottled water. My friend says it...

asked Jan 11 '13 at 17:56
Blank
User22493
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
How do I develop my personal brand with two unrelated topics?

I have a full time job and career but I also have a side business developing desktop and web apps. There is very little overlap between my career and my side business. I have been using my personal...

asked Dec 17 '12 at 17:04
Blank
Mike T
174 points