Logo Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
6.44K Views
Should you care about branding when first launching a startup?

Is it worth worrying about branding principles (name, logo, slogan, etc) when launching your app? Or should that come afterwards once you get some customers?One issue is that renaming a company...

asked May 21 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Brian Flores
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.02K Views
Starting a website and wondering if I can use companies logos or product images (in a praising manner)?

I am seeking to start a promotional website for a specific business platform and have descriptions of companies and their products on it. These descriptions include what type of products they have,...

asked May 21 '13 at 08:40
Blank
Ava
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
How do I know if it is safe to use a logo?

Can we use a logo+name for our product even if other companies use it? We are in an industry which has no other business using the logo, but there is a clothing company, and probably some other...

asked May 16 '13 at 07:09
Blank
Mr Kelley
118 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
Is a logo important on first batch of business cards and website?

I just finished building a website and would like to order a few hundred business cards. I didn't have a logo designed but the website is live. How important is a logo to have from the beginning?

asked Nov 26 '12 at 13:58
Blank
Anagio
293 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
When using crowd-sourced logo design sites, what do I need to worry about regarding font licensing?

I am using a crowd-sourced site to design my logo (examples of such sites: 99 Designs and Crowdspring ). The way these sites work is you put up a prize (say, $200) and then several different...

asked Nov 10 '12 at 03:45
Blank
Patrick Kenny
277 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
How and how much does it cost to I register my startup logo (International)

This may sound as a duplicate of other questions, but the enphasis is International. I've found it neccesary to have a logo at the stage of looking for VC's, among other things. But currently I do...

asked Oct 24 '12 at 18:27
Blank
Quinestor
126 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
8.34K Views
Can I use trademarked logos on product I am selling to the Trademark owner or a division thereof?

A two part question for my startup: I intend to sell products / stationary (such as letterhead, pencils, pens, etc.) to companies (or divisions of a company). Would it be illegal to create samples...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 06:55
Blank
Jeff
6 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.57K Views
Logo portfolio use for a startup company

I've recently started a new business and hired a graphic designer to do the company logo. Loved the work, but when he asked me about using it on his portfolio, I did explain that he can only use...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 09:34
Blank
Ray
215 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.03K Views
Ownership of logo design

I am incapable (artistically) of designing a logo for my startup. If I offer to pay someone to create it for me, do I own the intellectual property rights to the logo? Are there any other steps I...

asked Mar 23 '12 at 04:42
Blank
Explosion Pills
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
Using brand logos for polls on my website?

I make some polls on my website, like : What do you prefer Ford Explorer or Toyota 4Runner? Is such a poll allowed without explicit permission of Toyota and Ford? Next step: Can I use their...

asked Feb 20 '12 at 23:05
Blank
Alisia123
13 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.61K Views
Disadvantages of using a photo as a logo

I am considering using a small picture as my logo. The picture is of the Earth shaped into a light bulb. What could be the disadvantages of not using a drawing as a logo?

asked Feb 13 '12 at 09:08
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
What actions are associated with registering a company/software name?

I live in Austria, Europe. I am a software developer and I would like to distribute my software under the name of my company. So I consider the following: I might want to register the name for...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 02:38
Blank
Martin
130 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
4.65K Views
How do you get customer's company logo on your site?

I see sites that launch recently and they already have around 10 customer companies logos on their page under Customers. Some of these are logos of fortune 500 companies. How do you pull off...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 12:07
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.93K Views
What kind of images to buy - vectors, illustrations or photos?

I was checking shutterstock.com and it has these 3 kinds out there - 1.) Vectors 2.) Illustrations 3.) Photos My initial idea was to just buy the photos and give it to the designer, so he can...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 01:48
Blank
Planet Unknown
105 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.82K Views
What avenues have people used for logo design?

What avenues have people used for logo design? Has anyone had any problems with a certain method/website/service that I should be aware of? Thanks -Mark

asked Feb 10 '11 at 08:40
Blank
User6528
149 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.68K Views
Writing up design requirements

I am trying to spec out logo and web design requirements to take to design companies. What should the spec include? Any good templates?

asked Feb 5 '11 at 15:22
Blank
Tvanover
127 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.85K Views
Need an idea for a logo

I am in the process of starting a company and need some help with coming up with some ideas for a logo. The actual work will be outsourced to crowdspring, 99designs.com, or maybe even...

asked Nov 3 '10 at 07:42
Blank
Whoiskb
183 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
Recommend a company for promo pens?

I'm looking for a legitimate/affordable/responsive company to order some promo pens from (with our logo etc). I've found http://www.pens.com/pens/ via Google, they look legit, but I thought I'd...

asked Oct 13 '10 at 10:37
Blank
Roman M
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
Logo size on Website for Branding

I am currently designing the website for a new startup. I have 2 options (so far) for the size of the logo. Put it in the same spot as the "StackExchange" dropdown at the top of this page. It...

asked Oct 15 '10 at 07:11
Blank
Martin
1,340 points

13 Votes
5 Answers
43.7K Views
Can I use the logos of other companies on my site?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can I use the logos of other services and companies on my site? Ie, if I wanted to put up a graphic of some services that relate to local internet marketing,...

asked Aug 12 '10 at 06:27
Blank
Jim Shook
417 points