Branding Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.39K Views
Launching a team collaboration web-based software: questions about its name

We are about to launch a product similar to Basecamp, Asana and Podio (hopefully not too similar). It is a team collaboration web-based software targetting small and medium businesses. We have...

asked Nov 10 '12 at 04:42
Blank
Dan
49 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.8K Views
What should we trademark?

We have some game development software called Construct 2. We are based in the UK. As far as we are aware, we're the only business with game development software called Construct. We'd like to...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 20:08
Blank
Tom
480 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Which business domain to forward to?

Question: Should I forward my business website to my easier to remember .co or my longer .com? I have two domain names, one of which I was going to forward to my longer .com one. Except when I...

asked Jul 10 '12 at 02:38
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.03K Views
Does creatively naming a product make it look inferior?

I have developed a product and did a basic search for domain names, and to get the domain name I want I will need to more creatively name my product. Does this creative naming turn off some...

asked Jun 23 '12 at 00:51
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
How to market my customer's webshop?

I have my own web development company and I created a web shop for a customer using Drupal Commerce. My customer was selling children's clothing in a regular store. This store, however, no longer...

asked Jun 6 '12 at 18:36
Blank
Mike
140 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How can I do branding research online cheaply and quickly?

I'm just starting my business, I have an idea for a game that I think will be very popular. Trouble is, I can't decide on a good name for it that fits and is memorable. So I want to do some market...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 04:50
Blank
James Morrison
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.51K Views
Semicolon in company name?

I have a great idea for a company name, but it requires the semicolon character ; in order to work. Do you think it would be possible to have a semicolon in the company name? I know...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:07
Blank
Eero Heikkinen
118 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
1.78K Views
What social media accounts should a business have?

I know this question has a lot of possible answers, so I'll break it down to several questions so you'll understand exactly what I want to know. Which social media accounts should I maintain to...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 21:07
Blank
March Robert Philip Serrano
152 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.37K Views
Can I have different co founders on different parts of the company?

I want to launch different web services which have different co founders under one company, And still keep them separated from each other? for example should one of the apps not do so well I don't...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 19:01
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Using brand logos for polls on my website?

I make some polls on my website, like : What do you prefer Ford Explorer or Toyota 4Runner? Is such a poll allowed without explicit permission of Toyota and Ford? Next step: Can I use their...

asked Feb 20 '12 at 23:05
Blank
Alisia123
13 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.75K Views
Camel notation in company name

The name Microsoft logically consists of two words - micro and soft. On .cn zone sites I often see it written as MicroSoft, and it just looks terrible. I am starting a mobile platform...

asked Feb 25 '12 at 10:08
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.48K Views
Personal Branding: Better to use your full name or a nickname?

I have read a lot of questions asking if it is better to use their name or their business name on their twitter/facebook/youtube accounts and so on. The answer was it is better to separate those,...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 13:18
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Is it unprofessional to brand your self using your surname and jr (junior)?

I would like to know your thoughts about my question/problem. I care a lot about online presence and I want to brand myself this period for some auditions and interviews. My surname in my country...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 04:15
Blank
Nicholas
13 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.73K Views
Does It Make Sense to Co-Brand When All or Most of the Brands Are Unknown?

It’s your premier product/service launch, and a colleague (not a VC) invests money/time in it—do they get to put their company’s name on it too? Whereas I think it might make sense when it’s an...

asked Jan 30 '12 at 08:26
Blank
Hugh Guiney
125 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Difference Between Lifestyle and Aspirational Branding

The two terms 'Lifestyle Branding' and 'Aspirational Branding' seem to be used in the same or very similar context. Is there a difference between them or are they just synonyms

asked Jan 16 '12 at 08:45
Blank
James Coote
130 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
A Co-Branded website?

Our start-up is not yet launched but has been proposed to make a co-branded website with a big player on the market, where both parties would be presented equally through a number of ads and links...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 06:44
Blank
Patrick
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
How people may react if you ask them to join your "hospital" for internet ingorants?

I came with an idea, it is mainly a small internet company that will help and guide people with no or little experience with computers and internet. Something like e-learning. My main problem is...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 05:58
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.63K Views
Which one of those emails are the most appropriate to give and print on cards?

I need your opinions about which email structure should we go with. For example my name is Gregory Gillespie. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] ...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 10:59
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
What is the best branding strategy?

I want to have my brand strategy in place when I finally launch my startup. I'm not sure what the best strategy is for a multiple product brand. I see some brands like 37signals have a different...

asked Oct 29 '11 at 19:49
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.08K Views
Should we tag our new website as 'beta'?

What does tagging your new website as 'beta' say to your potential customers. We intend a 'soft' launch to our website and are not planning any significant marketing at this period. We intend to...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 04:27
Blank
Dan Mac Bean
151 points