Ecommerce Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
How do I get products for an eCommerce website?

I'm working on an eCommerce project from past few months. Now I want to buy the products from a supplier. I don't have an idea about from where to find suppliers. Is there any source which provides...

asked Jun 10 '14 at 07:36
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
Small business multi-channel ecommerce solution needed

I'm involved in a three-person start-up, selling physical products on the web via: Our eCommerce store (either a high-end hosted cart (Lemon Stand? 3dcart?), or a cart we'll host ourselves...

asked Sep 27 '11 at 08:44
Blank
Mark S
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
Setting up ones own warehouse / fulfillment operation

I want to set up my own warehouse / fulfillment operation for my new ecommerce startup. I do not want to depend on, and potentially be exploited by, a 3rd party e-fulfillment company. Is it...

asked Jun 18 '12 at 21:17
Blank
Mark Boulder
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Is dropshipping business still alive?

I'm thinking to start drop shipping business – to open an online store with products from AliExpress. Now I'm choosing between Oberlo and AliDropship. But the more I'm reading about that type of...

asked Jun 13 '18 at 11:11
Blank
Ольга Гончарова
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.15K Views
Best offshore merchant account

What is a good options for an offshore merchant account? I'm not located in the US where it is easy to get a good merchant account, do you know of any good options in offshore locations? The...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 13:31
Blank
Rob
151 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.68K Views
Any good alternatives to Fulfillment by Amazon?

I want to use a third party service for storing and processing my inventory for an eCommerce site. The logistics of packing and shipping are just too much for me to bear.The problem is that the...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 21:59
Blank
Harold Paschal
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Which strategy is better when starting an eCommerce site: lower prices than competition or value add?

I'm looking to buy electronics (unlocked phones) from a wholesaler and sell them online.What's a better strategy to compete with other sites selling the same product? Should I lower my margins and...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 21:25
Blank
Morgan Barra
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
7.34K Views
What are some resources for learning about lifestyle-brand ecommerce businesses? [more answers welcome!]

I'm digging in to this industry and would love insight into what's unique about lifestyle ecommerce businesses / the consumer path to purchase in businesses like Holstee, Ministry of Supply,...

asked Jun 26 '15 at 19:46
Blank
Jay Neely
6,050 points

7 Votes
10 Answers
16.6K Views
Any experience with StartSSL class 2 certs?

I am interested in buying a cert to sign my binaries as well as web server cert. https://www.startssl.com/?app=2 seems to provide it at decent price, but I am not sure if this is a reliable...

asked May 5 '11 at 13:22
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Buying inventory vs drop shipping for a first eCommerce store?

I have a blog that I want to monetize by offering relevant products for purchase to the readers. I've tried affiliate programs but the merchants keep most of the profits -- I'd like to cut out both...

asked May 25 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Richard Perez
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Closing the sale of a small business without a lawyer?

I have a small ecommerce store which generates a profit ($200K to $300K a year) that someone would like to purchase. The value of the deal isn't huge, it's just 1.5x the yearly multiple. As such,...

asked May 29 '14 at 16:30
Blank
Zachary Masten
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Which eCommerce platform would you recommend?

I'm creating my first online store and don't want to reinvent the wheel by developing a custom website. There looks like a ton of free and paid services online that I can use to sell. Is there...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 14:01
Blank
Orval D.
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Projecting revenue from website

I am planning on starting a website(and app) similar to Wikipedia targeted towards specific issue. I want to put ads on the website to generate revenue. How do we project ad revenue? What are the...

asked Nov 23 '13 at 07:04
Blank
User899893
24 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.42K Views
E-Commerce Terminology and Formulas

I can't seem to find straight answers in my Google searches (perhaps I'm not searching for the correct keywords?) and need some guidance. What are the values in a standard e-commerce system and how...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 05:45
Blank
Cillosis
178 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.95K Views
Micro-payment on low profit $1 sales, is this even possible?

I'm a software developer working on an application, so forgive me if this question does not contain the proper terminology... I'm trying to figure out if what I want to do is even possible to do....

asked Sep 28 '13 at 10:40
Blank
M Y
121 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
What shopsystems do customers usually trust?

I have recently finished an ebook which I now plan to sell. So far I am going to use CreateSpace and plan to support Leanpub.com. Later I plan to publish more e-books. In a few blog posts I read...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 23:19
Blank
Christian
3,590 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
What are the required licenses for an e-commerce website branch?

I am planning to start a branch of my friend's e-commerce website (based in India). I am a USA green card holder, and I want to open a branch in Chicago so that I can trade all across the US. Can...

asked Jul 20 '13 at 09:32
Blank
Speedy
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Getting coupon partners - help!

I have a coupon website and I have approached a few online stores and offline stores to partner with them to offer their coupons. Very often I get this answer from them "coupons are unsustainable....

asked Apr 8 '13 at 19:16
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.44K Views
Is it okay to use 2 different payment accepting services (systems) on the website that sells SaaS software?

One service will be used for region A because it offers paypal, the second one will be used for region B (it does not have paypal option) but offers automatical generation and sending invoice for...

asked Apr 8 '13 at 20:20
Blank
Alexey Grigoryev
62 points