Ecommerce Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Terms & Conditions for Ecommerce

I run a new apparels ecommerce business and I manually pieced up a terms & conditions page from various sources. I was just wondering if it is at all crucial to have these drafted out by a...

asked Jul 13 '12 at 12:43
Blank
Bernie
23 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Working with ecommerce fulfillment companies

I'm about to launch a new ecommerce startup and I'm considering using this e-fulfillment company until I can afford my own. But I have some concerns: E-fulfillment companies often run a bunch of...

asked Jun 18 '12 at 19:26
Blank
Mark Boulder
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
I want to start an ecommerce apparel line, how should I structure my company, and what are the legal requirements to sell online?

I already have an LLC, however, It's not the brand name I want to use for my business. Should I do a DBA under that LLC? I would like to apply for a trademark on the brand, so would this structure...

asked Jul 3 '12 at 20:43
Blank
User18631
16 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Is selling on Amazon.com a good idea?

I am wondering if anybody in the community has experience with Amazon.com's merchant programs, and whether or not they are a boon or a negative factor to a growing e-retail business. They have been...

asked May 19 '12 at 05:44
Blank
Futureal
389 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
How can I take refundable deposits online?

I am looking to provide rental items online, however it is important that I can take a deposit that will be returned after the usage of the item. I am aware of capture delay although my...

asked May 4 '12 at 02:02
Blank
Tom
116 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Charging U.S. sales taxes on product purchased online and sold from foreign location

We are building an online application that will allow users to create and purchase high-quality typographic logos and business cards. The application is taking a while to develop so we've decided...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 21:41
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.22K Views
Should I change my domain name if there is a company with the same name?

I recently registered a co.uk domain name which I was hoping to use as the site for an e-commerce business. After registering I checked companies house and found there is already a registered Ltd....

asked Apr 12 '12 at 00:00
Blank
User20236
133 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Software E-Commerce/E-Business Foreign Entity LLC and License and Tax requirements

I am wanting to startup a software, app, games business conducted through the internet. I am in Missouri, the state where I plan to do work from. I did research and found that Delaware or Nevada...

asked Apr 14 '12 at 21:33
Blank
Nightmare
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.92K Views
How should you approach manufacturers when looking to source products for a new business?

I am planning a new E-commerce business and will be selling products that are only available from specific manufacturers. How should I approach these manufacturers when I currently have no live...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 22:48
Blank
User20236
133 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Selling online products purchased from the market

Are there any rules and regulations when selling products purchased from the market in an online store? This is not affiliate/commission based selling. I'm purchasing products for the retail...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 11:37
Blank
Sara
101 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
What is our startup worth?

Last year myself and two other partners got together to work on our startup. We got an offer from one of the investors for 40K seed money. We turned down the offer because one of the founder was...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 07:07
Blank
Youngdev
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
How customs and other documents are cleared , while receiving or sending

We have recently planned to launch an eCommerce Store. We have certain products which which we want to ship to the international market too. But when I choose to ship items individually it cost me...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 05:37
Blank
Simsons
101 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.46K Views
Has anyone had any experience with GoCardless?

Has anyone had any experience using UK startup GoCardless for only payment processing? Get paid directly from your customers’ bank accounts. No merchant account. No credit card fees. No hassle. ...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 06:20
Blank
Space Beers
168 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
Do we still need to have our own ecommerce website?

8 months ago, my wife and I were starting to build our own business. We didn't create our own products, at least not yet for now, what we do is just reselling others product. We didn't open offline...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 14:06
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
What do you do about known payment fraud?

As someone that's sold services and webapp subscriptions online for about 8 years now, I've seen a lot of payment fraud, mostly in the form of signing up with stolen credit card numbers. I've...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 01:25
Blank
Dan Grossman
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.61K Views
Cost is an important factor in ecommerce

One of the most important aspects determining any business is the Return on Investment (ROI) it brings. ROI is something that is based on estimates and projections based on assessments made of...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 22:00
Blank
Akshy
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Measuring customer satisfaction in ecommerce business

One of the toughest questions that ecommerce businesses face concerns what is at the heart of a business –customer satisfaction. At first glance, anyone doing ecommerce business or having an...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 22:03
Blank
Akshy
6 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.75K Views
Looking for a UK online payment solution that only takes a percentage or a flat fee

I'm currently looking for an online payment solution for a business website I'm working on and it turns out it's a bit more complex than I'd first though. I'd like to run at a very small download...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 01:15
Blank
Space Beers
168 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
eCommerce Bootcamp ( focused on eBay and PayPal )

Have a client that's asked me if I'd be able to clear tens of thousands of dollars of existing inventory via eBay. While it seems like a stretch, figured I'd look into it for them just to give them...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 07:43
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.62K Views
Pricing an online product

Upon what criteria should I price an online product? Since I am going to design an E-Commerce website like countryreports.org, I am not sure how to price the individual packs that I am going to...

asked Jan 28 '12 at 20:28
Blank
Gn Sagar
1 point