Ecommerce Questions

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Foreign LLC vs Domestic LLC - Wyoming & South Carolina

Please help. I'll make this as simple and concise as possible: I will be manufacturing my own parts, AT HOME, in South Carolina. I intend to sell the products exclusively online with an online...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 00:41
Blank
George
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Launching a tiny local online store

I have a small boring (Boring in a way that it's not an innovation or anything, but it's still exciting to me of course) idea. So, what I want to do is to create a "Experience gifts shop". So,...

asked Mar 28 '13 at 09:55
Blank
User194076
157 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.46K Views
Length of Sign-up process- help?

I am starting a website consisting of info of local shops. now I am in a dilemma over the vendor sign-up process, I want to know should I do it one of the following ways - just ask for contact...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 20:46
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
Even after 1 year, the ecommerce site isn't showing good results

Last year around august, I joined an eCommerce start-up(handicraft items) as the technical head. Though, the company was online for more than 4 months prior to me. The website look and feel was...

asked Mar 31 '13 at 21:43
Blank
Pankaj Upadhyay
156 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
Equity for Mentoring and guiding a startup

I am a first generation entrepreneur. I am going to start an ecommerce venture with two other co-founders. However, we have a group of people helping us with the development of our product. They...

asked Mar 12 '13 at 02:39
Blank
Jishnu Jagajeeve
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
A website that receives and issues payments

I'm planning to launch a website which involves collecting/issuing payments from/to customers. My website offers a service for customers in exchange of a small fee which customers pay using credit...

asked Mar 20 '13 at 08:59
Blank
Osama
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.76K Views
How do startups sell online, manage customer relationships and support their products?

We want to setup an online shop for our (physical) products. When a customer registers to order a product, we want this information to be registered to a CRM automatically so we can track our...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 20:39
Blank
Something Better
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Passing a payment from buyer to seller, and taking a transaction fee?

I'm mulling over a business idea, and the part of it that I can't wrap my brain around is the payment processing part of it. Here's a simple example, not really my idea, but an easier example: I...

asked Jan 5 '13 at 07:20
Blank
J.V.
3 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
2.79K Views
Advertising for my ecommerce startup

We are an ecommerce startup into online services in India and are looking for ways to advertise ourselves. Is google adword or facebook ad a good choice? Also does getting big time into social...

asked Dec 19 '12 at 15:25
Blank
Bhasky
24 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.32K Views
getting reviews on a new website?

I am starting a price comparison website of a niche product category. when I go live I want reviews of the products and the vendors to exists. I see a lot of reviews on yelp and other review sites,...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 01:40
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
Reward Points Calculation Dilemma

I run a new small e-commerce business and I'm considering to reward my customers with reward points for every dollar spent in our store. I was thinking along the lines of 10 reward points for...

asked Nov 23 '12 at 16:49
Blank
Bernie
23 points

2 Votes
8 Answers
4.49K Views
How to deal with negative reviews on an e-commerce website?

I'm building an e-commerce website. On this website one can pay a membership to get a profile where he/she can show his/her portfolio. The website visitors can leave reviews on profiles. My main...

asked Nov 27 '12 at 03:18
Blank
Jules
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Can my online sellers avoid applying for EIN if I pay the tax on their sales

I have an online Fashion catalog and I want to recruit lady college students as retailers. I provide them with an online shop (under their name), So if the lady student's name is Debbie, She can...

asked Dec 1 '12 at 22:40
Blank
Guy Hyams
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
How helpful is a blog for social ecommerce website

I see many websites having their own blogs. The blogs feature mainly the event news and some product information. After reading few of the articles and answers on this site, I see that blogs add to...

asked Nov 11 '12 at 00:11
Blank
Pankaj Upadhyay
156 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
How do I market my app without being a jerk?

I created an app for a popular shopping cart. It is now listed in their app store and it gaining some traction, but not as much as I'd like. The idea for the app came from users asking for it so I...

asked Nov 13 '12 at 06:25
Blank
Alex Markov
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.6K Views
revenue model for new startup- help

I am starting an ecommerce marketplace of local vendors. one of my sources of revenue will be lead generation, however I am pretty undecided on how much to charge vendors for every lead I would...

asked Oct 10 '12 at 03:01
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Worldwide Ecommerce From One Location: What requirements are there from other states and countries?

Details: I plan to sell downloadable information through passive search-engine ads, which could end up anywhere. I am hoping that US copyrights will be sufficient (can I do better?). My unbacked...

asked Oct 1 '12 at 18:38
Blank
User19934
1 point

13 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Already 120,000 monthly visitors but almost no revenue

I am starting to get very frustrated, after 2 yrs of crazy amounts of work and $70K invested and having my website online for 1 yr I already have 120,000 monthly visitors but still can't monetize...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 04:31
Blank
Daniel
66 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Multi-vendor marketplace-Dealing with transactions & Payments

I'm a few weeks into developing a multi-vendor, business to business website. Here is my issue: We could potentially have a single user purchasing from multiple sellers at one time. We are...

asked Aug 15 '12 at 05:56
Blank
Doug C
16 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.23K Views
Choosing a URL: balancing a bad name with a great URL vs. a great name with a bad URL

Assume I've made a (hypothetical) online game where you equip two cats that rule small feifdoms, and they fight each other. I haven't done this! It's just an example. But say I did this, and I...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 04:39
Blank
Mattshepherd
133 points