Location Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Best city in the US which has a startup scene AND a low cost of living?

San Francisco and New York are notorious for their high cost of living. While the startup scene on those two cities is great, the downside is even a $100K+ salary means a mediocre living...

asked Jun 14 '15 at 17:40
Blank
Sara Shepard
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Cons of starting your startup in Boston?

What are some lesser known reasons why not to relocate to Boston to start your company?If you're a Boston area startup, what are some things that you feel the city lacks?

asked Apr 1 '14 at 18:11
Blank
Lisa Gonzalez
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Starting a company outside of any startup ecosystem. Any advice?

If you decide to move to a city where the cost of living is the cheapest, and there is absolutely no startup scene. Any advice for starting a tech company in such a place?

asked Mar 27 '14 at 13:36
Blank
Steven Robinson
19 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
is it worth to immigrate to USA to start a business?

I want to start a business and have an opportunity to immigrate to US. I am at a crossroads in my life. I have a good business idea and need web developers and programmers to start my website as...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 23:15
Blank
User27529
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
LLC, single person, internet-only business: what state am I "doing business" in if I'm perma-travelling?

I have a question similar to this one, with one difference: I'm going to be running my business while travelling the world over the next few years, both in the US and out. (I'm a resident of...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 15:56
Blank
Archagon
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
What address do I use to register LLC

I need some suggestion on the current situation that I am in. I am currently in PA, I have decided to start my web-based company and I've decided to move to the Bay Area by the end of this month. I...

asked Jun 17 '13 at 13:27
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
How to direct marketing initiatives for a Start up

We are a location based social network connecting like minded people. We are ready with our product and want to select a city to start marketing. Basic costs touch upto $5k a month just for...

asked Feb 2 '13 at 06:32
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Worldwide Ecommerce From One Location: What requirements are there from other states and countries?

Details: I plan to sell downloadable information through passive search-engine ads, which could end up anywhere. I am hoping that US copyrights will be sufficient (can I do better?). My unbacked...

asked Oct 1 '12 at 18:38
Blank
User19934
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
How impactful can a city be to a startup?

On a website like groupon were it is centrilized (location based) how impactful and important is the first location the website is launched? Meaning if an app (again like groupon) launches in...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 03:30
Blank
James
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
Should I drop my plan and change my location back?

around 1 year ago I quit my job . Which was in a metro city and changed my location to a small city(my hometown) to start my business. and according to me for starting a business we should have 3...

asked Mar 31 '12 at 17:38
Blank
Michal Fernadis
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
Is there a best place to start up?

I live on the west coast. Of France. I'm currently looking at starting my own web startup. I have the idea, the expertise, even the cofounder. I'm reading a lot on the subject, and I intend to...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 22:52
Blank
Tom Macdonald
113 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.23K Views
Where should I go with my idea?

I am almost finish with my Web application. I was thinking to go to California and present it to angels. Is it a good place to find angels? I is there places I should go to meet people that can...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 05:31
Blank
Jean Nicolas Boulay Desjardins
162 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
What is the best strategy/events to launch a startup?

We are having a startup in social and location based networking space. We are currently in private beta. What will be the best strategy or events to launch the product? Thanks!

asked Aug 1 '11 at 04:47
Blank
Neology
113 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
location-based social network (foursquare)

I'm interested in how a company like Foursquare would start up. So let's pretend they are at the very beginning of their idea and they have no money; just the idea. So they write down their...

asked Jun 8 '11 at 19:21
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to grow a social media business based on location, from one location to global?

I assume Foursquare faced this issue. You've got a social service that is location based but requires a lot of users to make valuable. I'm in a similar boat with an upcoming start up, and I'm...

asked May 17 '11 at 19:13
Blank
Long Winter
271 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
In attracting investors, does the city/location of the startup play a role?

In attracting investors, does the city/location of the startup play a role? Is it better to start the company in Souther California or in Bellevue, WA ?

asked May 4 '11 at 06:05
Blank
Sakthy
45 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
U.S. customer perceptions of foreign based online services/applications

Were are working on an online service that will sell both digital and physical goods in the U.S. Orders for physical goods will be fulfilled by U.S. based suppliers. I am American but based in...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 03:57
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.99K Views
Is it critical to partner with a local VC? East-West a problem?

I'm in NY. It's been suggested I limit the scope of my VC courting to my native coast. I appreciate the intimacy of the entrepreneur/VC relationship, but if I'm looking for early-stage funding,...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 04:51
Blank
Anonymous
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Which VC firms are in the New England (East Coast) area?

Are most technology based venture capital firms headquartered in California or are there also plenty of venture capital firms in the New England area (New York, Boston, etc)?

asked Mar 17 '11 at 06:20
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Concrete examples of _why_ Silicon Valley is best for a startup?

I read here, and in articles elsewhere, about how important it is for a startup to be located in Silicon Valley. But they're all very vague, mentioning "the energy" or "the talent" or...

asked Feb 26 '11 at 20:04
Blank
Sean
134 points