Registration Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.86K Views
When should I register / copyright my startup company / app?

I finished creating an app and am expecting a good amount of users after I start advertising it. I live in Canada but I have my green card and am eligible to live in the US at any time. I plan on...

asked Sep 25 '14 at 20:32
Blank
User34140
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
Can I publish my game in iTunes with a name different from that in my credit card?

I would like to purchase an iOS developer account from apple. My credit card name is: ABCD. And I am going to purchase the developer account with the same credit card as an Individual account(since...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:42
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Is it is legal to work for personal use/in another company, while working in another private firm?

I'm working as an iOS application developer for the past 2 plus years. Now I would like to register my own developer account to iTunes for uploading my private apps. If I create an iOS...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:53
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.69K Views
Can I incorporate in USA if i'm not resident and not American?

I'm a foreign national, and resident in a different foreign country. I have no ties to USA, and no intention to hire any employees there. Can I still register a company (e.g. C Corp)? If it is...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 12:26
Blank
Steve
310 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Turning a hackathon organization into a registered entity

I'm organizing a hackathon this summer and my team and I have had a lot of fun bootstrapping the whole process. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we tossed around the idea of making the...

asked Jul 19 '13 at 08:01
Blank
Max Mackie
166 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Startup Questions

I am working for simple desktop based application (windows). I would like to launch this application for free first and based on the customer response and for new features, I have plan to charge...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 00:21
Blank
Thileep
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Domain registration in the US for foreign domain

As is obvious I am located in the US but my customers are in the former Soviet Republics. So I am looking to register a domain localized for them. For example most web hosting providers in the US...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 01:13
Blank
Karlson
1,779 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Register company in UK or France for French internet startup

I am a UK based web developer currently building a French language affiliate marketing website to be hosted in France. My business partners are French and I am trying to decide whether my business...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 05:01
Blank
Brian
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
How to reduce the number of users who don't complete the registration process?

I run a dating site, and I'm trying to reduce the number of users who start the registration process but do not complete it. Our registration process is as follows: User enters their email...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 15:43
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Worldwide Ecommerce From One Location: What requirements are there from other states and countries?

Details: I plan to sell downloadable information through passive search-engine ads, which could end up anywhere. I am hoping that US copyrights will be sufficient (can I do better?). My unbacked...

asked Oct 1 '12 at 18:38
Blank
User19934
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Determining "Critical Mass" for a Web Application

I'm in the process of building a web application that will need a healthy user base from day one to be successful (similar to a stackexchange site). I'm already taking signups but I'm curious how...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 00:31
Blank
Scunliffe
310 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Do I need to register in multiple countries for multi-national startup?

I want to launch a multi-national startup. Do I need to reach every target country for legal formalities? Or, is there an international body which could take care of that?

asked Aug 24 '12 at 06:10
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

-3 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Does it matter if a online business is registered or not?

I was wondering about having my online business registered in Canada. My biggest concern about having my business registered is does the governments rules really matter when it comes to online...

asked Jul 31 '12 at 16:33
Blank
Ub3rst4r
103 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
When must I turn my business idea into a formal Company?

I'm a programmer, I have an idea, I know how to implement it, it will be a website, and that site will be my business. My question is very basic: where in timeline must I register my business as...

asked Jun 7 '12 at 10:26
Blank
Sony Santos
131 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Whats my next step?

My name is Stephen. This is my first time at your site so I'll explain where I'm at with my product and hopefully I can get a little feedback on what you might think is the best "next step". 1.)...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 23:07
Blank
Stephen
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Whose laws should my business adhere to; where is the boundary?

I would like to know which country's laws I must abide by when conducting online business. Let's say I want to sell VPNs and here in the UK, this was illegal. In Holland this is legal however (as...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 20:08
Blank
Jwbensley
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
non-resident Online Business setup

I live in New Zealand and I am looking to start an online website sourcing and selling products within the USA via drop-shipping methods. This part of the process is underway. However, I understand...

asked Feb 1 '12 at 17:07
Blank
Lawrence.
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.05K Views
Interstate commerce business registration requirements

What states in the United States, if any, require business registration to solicitate business and collect revenue? In this scenario, the business has no opperations in the state the business is...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 07:05
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.85K Views
Which to show first: login or register screen or both?

I have a site for which I am working to improve user onboarding. What happens now is that when a user does some action that requires him to be logged in, I make a jQuery popup come up telling him...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 01:27
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Register options for a new social media application

We're making a different approached and kinda niche web and mobile project and planning to release our private beta release at the end of January. But I'm confused about our user register...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 18:34
Blank
Tylerdurden
131 points