Personal Questions

70 Votes
14 Answers
12.7K Views
How to start a business and not destroy your marriage?

Although the question has the word "marriage" in the title, it is really about any most important relationship in a founder's life, be it husband/wife, fiancee, boyfriend/girlfriend, partner or...

asked Jan 14 '10 at 09:25
Blank
Steve Wilkinson
2,744 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Ways to improve public speaking skills?

What techniques to improve your public speaking skills are the fastest to implement? I will be pitching our business to a few VCs next week (first time doing so) and public speaking is my weakest...

asked Apr 6 '14 at 12:59
Blank
Stuart Dotson
2 points

24 Votes
19 Answers
6.34K Views
How to become more of a risk-taker?

I hear stories all the time about entrepreneurs who take out a second mortgage to start a business, run their personal credit cards through the roof, and put a whole lot on the line for success....

asked Oct 21 '09 at 14:46
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Is it is legal to work for personal use/in another company, while working in another private firm?

I'm working as an iOS application developer for the past 2 plus years. Now I would like to register my own developer account to iTunes for uploading my private apps. If I create an iOS...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:53
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Limiting personal liability

I have been working (solo) on a few side web projects for the past several months. My name can be found attached (via WhoIs) to the domains I've purchased and this got me to thinking about worst...

asked Feb 23 '13 at 05:23
Blank
Yamori
6 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.89K Views
How to build personal credibility

Me and one of my fellow liked an idea. He said if I need investment for that start up, I will be happy to make. But that was more like a coffee table discussion which lasted for an hour. I think I...

asked Nov 13 '12 at 06:50
Blank
Sourabh
288 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.48K Views
Can startup funding cover founder's personal expenses?

I and a friend of mine are working on our own web startup. Right now we are coding the whole thing and would be looking for investors 3-4 months down the line. My question is, can we include our...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 09:32
Blank
Sandip Dev
33 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.2K Views
Business Card Title

I've started as a freelancer and back then I got a friend to design me two business cards that I handle in different situations. Bellow my name I have: IT Consultant, the generic card that I...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 18:04
Blank
Fernando Martins
798 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.62K Views
How do you keep your creative juices flowing?

In the midst of a start-up as leaders we are pulled in so many directions. We find ourselves putting out fires, keeping fires from starting, and even intentionally starting some fires! The...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 11:42
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
3.13K Views
What are the non-business reasons to not "start-up"?

I am very interested in having a better understanding of the reasons that someone should keep their project as a hobby rather than trying to make it a "start-up" What would be the non-business...

asked Apr 1 '11 at 06:19
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
4.01K Views
Are loans from Individuals common for startups? Is it a good way to grow?

I am the owner of a website that distributes digital content (photo/ footage/ music) for the film, interactive and media industries. We launched four years ago and are among the market leaders in...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 15:34
Blank
User8084
14 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Benefits and drawbacks of adding your personal info to your company's website

I have a software company that sells software online only, and on my website it has an "About Us" section, describing the company's location and history. Is there a good reason- either pro or con-...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 09:47
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Mental/physical risks of working hard and how to mitigate them

It is of course best to only bite off what you can chew. And many workaholics are accomplishing just as much as someone who puts in half the hours. But! If you find yourself in a long-term...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 11:37
Blank
Emile
204 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
4.12K Views
Separate Banking for Personal and Business

Are there any advantages to banking at different institutions for your personal and business accounts? If so, what's your strategy? Are there any disadvantages? I was initially thinking along the...

asked Mar 12 '10 at 19:23
Blank
Clint
695 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
3.41K Views
When and how do you reward yourself?

(Note: I maintain a complete "firewall" between company and personal money, and the only way money goes through is with salary, loans, investments, or dividends.) When I took the plunge a few...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 09:09
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points