Motivation Questions

26 Votes
11 Answers
17K Views
What personal productivity / time management / motivational tips & tricks do you use?

What little tips and tricks do you use to try and be as productive as possible each week plus be as motivated as possible? Here are a few I use: I will schedule meetings that normally would be an...

asked Feb 7 '10 at 07:43
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.08K Views
How to keep yourself motivated

I know many questions with same subject has been asked, i am asking this question after reading many of them. I am working as an IT person to keep doing my day to day expenses but there is one...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Finding Nemo
43 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.28K Views
How to motivate a co-founder that is starting to lose interest?

Apart from a heart to heart talk, what else could one do to keep motivating their co-founders to be most productive and not lose interest in the vision?

asked Jul 2 '14 at 00:12
Blank
Daniel Lynch
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.11K Views
Startups and anxiety: how do solo founders motivate themselves when things don't go according to plan?

Almost no one gets to realize their metrics of success when they launch their startup. It's a long, arduous journey which no one anticipates until they launch their product, only to find that...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 15:58
Blank
Robert Pankratz
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.31K Views
How to get over "redesign entire app" or "recode from scratch" syndrome?

As a founder of a few apps, I always get caught up in redesigning or recoding an entire app from scratch.Sometimes it's because I'm not satisfied with the first iteration (or have been staring at...

asked Aug 29 '14 at 15:29
Blank
David Ponder
17 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.11K Views
How are you able to cope with working 60 to 80+ hours a week on your startup?

What are some ways to cope with working long hours 7 days a week on your startup? I have been working day and night for the last 3 months and it has taken a hefty toll on my health and well being.I...

asked Jul 17 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Sheldon Echols
11 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Quickest way to remove stress?

What's the fastest way to get your focus back when you are stressed out from work? Preferably something that doesn't require more than 30 minutes.We're bootstrapping our startup so I've have been...

asked Apr 7 '14 at 10:14
Blank
Alvin Schultz
4 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.34K Views
Cool motivational artwork for new office?

I'm just setting up my first office space. Any suggestions for where to buy some cool posters for the office?

asked Mar 3 '14 at 21:55
Blank
Douglas Patterson
200 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
Must-watch documentaries for entrepreneurs?

What are some of your favorite motivating documentaries that entrepreneurs should watch?

asked Mar 18 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Robert Sheahan
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.51K Views
What drives you to complete projects you start?

I have started building countless apps over the years and always end up abandoning them when they're 80% there to completion. Usually it's because I start having doubts that it will fail or I lose...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 17:08
Blank
Stephen Parks
15 points

9 Votes
7 Answers
4.16K Views
Is there hope for this worker, or should I just get rid of him?

I made arrangements for a recent college grad to come in and help us out with some part time development as an independent contractor. The guy does decent work when he's here, but he rarely can...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 02:23
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How to make people take initiative?

We are in a bit of a rough situation here. We have a team of 8 that seems to be committed to what we are doing. Most of them have full time jobs. Our start-up is more like a part-time or side thing...

asked Aug 6 '13 at 16:47
Blank
Noah
138 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
4.16K Views
startup: work on something i personally like or work on something that would sell?

I am going to start working on a project, but divided between two project ideas. The first one is interesting to me personally, and I have been toying with it for some time as an evening hobby,...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 13:16
Blank
Mitten
31 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.85K Views
How to manage developers who are inconsistent (i.e., very hot and cold)

I have worked with several developers who are very "hot and cold" in terms of their motivation. Sometimes they will slack off for weeks on a project and make zero progress, and other times they go...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 09:41
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
About facing setbacks

So I develop further and further on a web project. I put in some considerable amount of money. But the more I develop the less I enjoy doing it, I hate it, doing it all on my own. All the time new...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 14:48
Blank
User1505034
31 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
8.86K Views
Does a visible sales tracking board have a positive effect on the sales team?

We are considering tracking sales in our business and within the company publicly displaying the performance of the team and each member. What are good ways to implement this and is such a...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 22:47
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Finding an accountability partner or mentor

Are there any online resources for finding an accountability partner for a startup. It could be in the way of a mentor.

asked Jul 10 '12 at 22:34
Blank
Justin Alexander
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Getting new solution for stalled startup

I have been working on an education services startup for about 1 Year. At this stage the whole product must be completed, but I still have ~30% remaining. Following is my case: We are a group of...

asked Jul 20 '12 at 16:56
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How to motivate sales person?

It is pretty clear that money alone is not sufficient to motivate a programmer. Things like giving them meaningful, challenging work and providing a supporting environment can motivate them far...

asked Apr 10 '12 at 13:01
Blank
Graviton
871 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
How to start a company and what are the basic steps to setup a company?

I am working in a private company since 2 years as a application developer and now I am thinking to setup a company. I am not aware of the process(steps) to setup a company. What I know is if I...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 22:16
Blank
Dharmendra
101 points