Office Space Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
Office Space in Client's Office

One of our clients has agreed to allow us to use some of their office space gratis whilst we get to our feet. Is there anything that we should consider that may not be obvious. I'm aware that we...

asked Jun 6 '12 at 22:48
Blank
Mr Edmundo
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Low cost options for convertible desks that are both sitting and standing?

We're looking to get desks that fit both developer preferences: sitting and standing. All the convertible desks I've seen online cost $500 to even $1200.Are there any low cost options available?...

asked May 3 '14 at 19:58
Blank
Jessica Logan
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.98K Views
Hacks for noise reduction and acoustics for office space?

What are some low cost ways to improve acoustics in small office space? With concrete walls and just desks, the acoustics in our office are horrible. Everything echoes and it's hard to concentrate...

asked Apr 16 '14 at 13:26
Blank
Trent Thomas
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.79K Views
Pros and Cons of Co-working spaces vs. dedicated office space?

What are some pros and cons for starting your company out of a co-working space vs. a dedicated (but small) office space.Smaller office spaces aren't that different in costs when compared to some...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Amanda Bush
15 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Key things to look out for in an office space lease?

What are some key items to watch out for in an office space lease? We're renting a small space and don't have the resources (bootstrapped) to also hire a lawyer just to review the lease.

asked Mar 21 '14 at 15:43
Blank
Joel Villegas
5 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.34K Views
Cool motivational artwork for new office?

I'm just setting up my first office space. Any suggestions for where to buy some cool posters for the office?

asked Mar 3 '14 at 21:55
Blank
Douglas Patterson
200 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Hacks for a free / low cost startup office space?

Working from home or a coffee shop are both tough for me due to distractions (and lack of motivation if I work from home).Where are some hacks / places I could use to work without many...

asked Mar 18 '14 at 03:32
Blank
Carson Lovett
45 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
I own real estate that I want to lease to startups. How can I attract them?

I have a couple of small properties that I would like to lease to startups and tech companies. What amenities should I provide in order to attract them? Best ways to advertise them to startups...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 04:57
Blank
Jeremy Sykes
20 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Subjective: Which office chair do you use and recommend?

Looking to buy a few chairs for our new office and wondering which chairs are both comfortable for long coding sessions and fairly cost effective at the same time.

asked Feb 23 '14 at 20:00
Blank
Wayne Wallace
25 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Private offices or open-plan: which makes employees most productive?

I know Joel Spolsky has been very vocal about private offices being best for engineers. But do you think being a private office might feel lonely after a while?Which plan has the perfect balance of...

asked Feb 12 '14 at 23:28
Blank
Kelly P.
11 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Laughs at the office vs Seriousness

We have two different spaces in our office. one, in front of our building, contains our call centre, in the back we have our software development team. Our call centre team seems to like a serious...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 23:42
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
Looking for low profile desk mounted screens / dividers

My team works in an open area with high wood beamed ceilings. We digs the open concept, but not the noise when 4 or 5 people are talking on the phone all at once. We're looking for some desktop...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 23:23
Blank
Michael
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.68K Views
a place to call work!

If your start-up is very early on how soon should your start-up leave a home office to leave for a office building? or should it be based on how many people are working with you?

asked Jul 8 '11 at 20:26
Blank
Johnathan Kulp
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
What are some startup-friendly providers of General Liability insurance?

I just moved into a subleased office space in Southern California and am required to carry general liability of at least $1M for our startup. This didn't seem like a big deal, but when I called my...

asked May 27 '11 at 04:16
Blank
S Wrobel
113 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.61K Views
How does one go about finding shared office space, specifically in the UK?

I'm currently working from home, but finding this too solitary, and also need a change of environment in general so I'm considering moving cities. I think this is a great time to branch out of my...

asked Jun 1 '11 at 07:27
Blank
Ocharles
126 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
equity distribution and office space as investment

While crawling the questions being asked here, I saw that the question of the office space seems to be very important for many founders. As an investor (in the most global sense), I think that...

asked May 3 '11 at 13:39
Blank
Sylvain Peyronnet
371 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
What resources you've used to design/outfit your open layout office? Where did you look for ideas?

I am looking at possibly moving my company to another office space. We will do open layout again, since it works for our culture (even CEO does not get a private office). My budget does not really...

asked May 2 '11 at 04:09
Blank
Apollo Sinkevicius
3,323 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.08K Views
How much do you spend on your office compared with your payroll expense?

My company is a little over 2 years old and profitable with 6 employees. We currently sublease space from another company and now we are looking to get our own space. We don't have customers at our...

asked Feb 11 '11 at 00:27
Blank
Jason Cianchette
511 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.25K Views
Office space for consulting company? Smaller class A, Larger class B, Executive Suite?

We're tired of the Regus game (we have a virtual office, which allows us to pay for conference room use when we're meeting with clients or just meeting in general). The majority of us work at...

asked Jan 16 '11 at 02:29
Blank
Sean
1,149 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
34.3K Views
What should I watch out for when leasing from Regus?

I'm looking to establish a presence in another U.S. city for my custom software business. I will need an office full-time for 1-3 months. After that, I can transition to a virtual office with just...

asked Jan 18 '11 at 04:05
Blank
Brandon King
959 points