Office Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
8K Views
How to get a real US street address virtual mailbox without #box number?

CMRA stands for a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency. See example: http://freshdesk.com/about Freshdesk, Inc. 340 S Lemon Ave #7585 Los Angeles, CA, 91789, USA The #7585 in the address is the...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 21:49
Blank
Investor
8 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Hiring an office manager: how do you deal with account passwords?

As our startup is growing, and in order to provide more time for the founders to work on the business instead of administrative tasks, we'll be hiring an office manager. This person would be...

asked Apr 15 '14 at 01:57
Blank
Donald Keeling
17 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.01K Views
Hacks for noise reduction and acoustics for office space?

What are some low cost ways to improve acoustics in small office space? With concrete walls and just desks, the acoustics in our office are horrible. Everything echoes and it's hard to concentrate...

asked Apr 16 '14 at 13:26
Blank
Trent Thomas
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.73K Views
Hacks for a free / low cost startup office space?

Working from home or a coffee shop are both tough for me due to distractions (and lack of motivation if I work from home).Where are some hacks / places I could use to work without many...

asked Mar 18 '14 at 03:32
Blank
Carson Lovett
45 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.19K Views
Allow alcohol in the office? Why are most startups in the bay area are doing it?

I have visited quite a few startups in san francisco and the bay area and saw a growing trend... booze. And lots of it.When I visited Yammer I saw engineers drinking scotch at their desks while...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 18:46
Blank
Joseph Styers
60 points

28 Votes
6 Answers
14.6K Views
Ideal office space layout - open or offices?

I have worked in a variety of environments wanted to share my opinions and see what others thought on the subject of ideal office space layout. Once our lease is up (in a few years) I am thinking...

asked Nov 7 '09 at 10:19
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How do you set up your inside sales team?

I'm wondering if anyone has tips setting up an inside sales room. We have about 7 to 10 people making phone calls all day in a pretty narrow, smaller room. We've done a lot of acoustic reduction...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 12:22
Blank
John O
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Laughs at the office vs Seriousness

We have two different spaces in our office. one, in front of our building, contains our call centre, in the back we have our software development team. Our call centre team seems to like a serious...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 23:42
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
Buy or Rent/Lease

Assuming a venture-backed startup with seed financing that plans to raise further rounds: does it make sense to buy things or should it go for renting/leasing? "Renting" something (office...

asked May 31 '12 at 23:28
Blank
Sascha Konietzke
118 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Can it be a good idea to lease a house rather than a standard office-space for a software development shop?

Our lease is up on our US-based office-space in July, so it's back on my radar to evaluate our office-space situation. Two of our partners rather like the idea of leasing a house rather than...

asked Mar 20 '12 at 02:31
Blank
Frankston Ralphington Iii
133 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.86K Views
How important is it to have a physical office?

My start-up is made up mostly of home-based workers so having a physical office wasn't really a priority for us. In fact, it's one of the things that made us really competitive in our market (low...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 19:06
Blank
March Robert Philip Serrano
152 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.07K Views
Is it illegal to sell a software template created at work but duplicated and augmented at home?

I am an employee at a large company and I created a worksheet using my work computer. The worksheet helps me organize my info such as passwords and time-off records. I replicated it and then...

asked Feb 28 '12 at 11:36
Blank
Es Developer
11 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Paperless office - any issues?

I have a sheet feed scanner and shredder on their way from Amazon in the hope of going paperless for my home and business paper work. For those that have done it, have any issues arisen due to...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 22:29
Blank
Lloyd S
1,292 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Looking for low profile desk mounted screens / dividers

My team works in an open area with high wood beamed ceilings. We digs the open concept, but not the noise when 4 or 5 people are talking on the phone all at once. We're looking for some desktop...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 23:23
Blank
Michael
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
Extensions to convert regular desks to standing desks?

Is there a desktop add-on that would allow a normal desk to become a stand up desk? It has to be purchasable and quick to assemble (no cutting or drilling). Basically we have a bunch of desks...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 02:35
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
a place to call work!

If your start-up is very early on how soon should your start-up leave a home office to leave for a office building? or should it be based on how many people are working with you?

asked Jul 8 '11 at 20:26
Blank
Johnathan Kulp
16 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
I am a US citizen and want to become a partner in a friend's UK startup

I am a US citizen and want to become a partner in a friend's UK startup, helping her start a branch office in the US. What is the best way to proceed with this? What forms need to be filled out?

asked Jun 25 '11 at 09:25
Blank
Cara
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
What are some startup-friendly providers of General Liability insurance?

I just moved into a subleased office space in Southern California and am required to carry general liability of at least $1M for our startup. This didn't seem like a big deal, but when I called my...

asked May 27 '11 at 04:16
Blank
S Wrobel
113 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.28K Views
Office space for consulting company? Smaller class A, Larger class B, Executive Suite?

We're tired of the Regus game (we have a virtual office, which allows us to pay for conference room use when we're meeting with clients or just meeting in general). The majority of us work at...

asked Jan 16 '11 at 02:29
Blank
Sean
1,149 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
3.66K Views
Is there a CRM software that

I'm looking for a low-cost or hopefully free for 1-3 users CRM software that has the following features: 1) Integrates with my email automatically (I'd like for all the email conversations, with a...

asked Nov 21 '10 at 04:24
Blank
Igorek
886 points