People Questions

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Laughs at the office vs Seriousness

We have two different spaces in our office. one, in front of our building, contains our call centre, in the back we have our software development team. Our call centre team seems to like a serious...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 23:42
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
Looking for advice on developing my skills as a CTO

I'm currently in the process of building a startup with two co-founders (both are business people). Since I've been a developer in a wide-range of technologies I'll handle the CTO role. This won't...

asked Nov 2 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Alex K.
18 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Project manager without strong programming background?

I'm thinking of hiring a project manager to lead the development of few web apps my company is doing. The guy I'm considering has considerable experience in managing projects for a large digital...

asked Jun 28 '12 at 05:00
Blank
Pvukovic
561 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Do websites with pictures of people on the first page make the company look more "human"

Do websites with pictures of people on the first page make the company look more "human", therefore contributing to the success of the product or service the web site tries to promote? Short...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 11:27
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.37K Views
Where are the best places to meet other programmers? (Minnesota)

This question is probably crap but I find myself scratching my head. I'd love to meet other programmers to bounce ideas off of and maybe somewhere down to line work on a startup. (currently, my...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 23:25
Blank
System Se7en
3 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
How to find people interested to participate in a brand-new open-source project?

I recently set up an open-source infrastructure for Obix. Obix is a new, object-oriented programming language designed to help people writing more reliable code in less time. More information can...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 17:05
Blank
Christian Neumanns
11 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2K Views
Any great book on how to talk to people, especially to a person who seems not to get along with you

I want to read some great books on how to talk to people, how to handle people's unfriendly comment non-defensively, how to turn a potential quarrel to a friendly and pleasant talk. I know there is...

asked Dec 22 '10 at 15:56
Blank
Steven
1 point