Leadership Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.63K Views
Actionable ways to create a company culture where everyone believes more in the idea than getting a paycheck?

What are some actionable things a founder does to create a company culture where people are motivated by the vision, and not just getting paid?Also, what are some resources you'd recommend reading...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 19:25
Blank
Bernard Childs
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Best way to give constructive criticism to designers?

What is the best way to give constructive criticism to people in creative roles? That could include designers, copywriters, etc.I know most designers are numb from getting color / font change...

asked Apr 17 '14 at 21:41
Blank
Joan Stacy
7 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.03K Views
Single most effective tip to be a great leader?

What is your best tip for being a great leader and role model for your employees?

asked Mar 13 '14 at 13:14
Blank
Garrett Pickett
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
What "soft" skills have contributed most to your success?

What personal qualities would you say had the most profound effect on your business success? I have been an introvert my whole life (a programmer turned entrepreneur) and would like to see what...

asked Feb 17 '14 at 20:54
Blank
Edward Linke
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
Best piece of advice to be an effective leader?

What's the single one best advice you have received or can give to a new founder to lead their troops? Both my co-founder and I are introverts (engineers by profession) and now will be hiring our...

asked Feb 5 '14 at 09:51
Blank
Anisha M
31 points

42 Votes
15 Answers
12.1K Views
How much does physical appearance matter for becoming a successful entrepreneur?

I am in my late 20s with physical height of 4 feet 10 inches (147.3 cm) only and interested to start my business. I look fine but I don't look like "The man" or "The CEO". Most successful...

asked May 2 '11 at 08:05
Blank
M G
216 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
How do I pull this team together again?

I'll try to keep this as brief as I can. Recently I have taken up a position within a big agency where I am responsible for an 'innovation cell'. People can voluntarily join this cell and they get...

asked Nov 12 '12 at 21:46
Blank
Maikel
18 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
Looking for advice on developing my skills as a CTO

I'm currently in the process of building a startup with two co-founders (both are business people). Since I've been a developer in a wide-range of technologies I'll handle the CTO role. This won't...

asked Nov 2 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Alex K.
18 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.22K Views
What business model "frameworks" are available to help lead/manage a business?

As the FAQ for this site notes: Topics include financing, hiring employees, legal, marketing, sales, compensation plans, banking, payroll, benefits, and more. There are a lot of different but...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 13:53
Blank
Randy Syring
116 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
Divided leadership in a technology driven company

Is it possible to run a start-up with divided leadership ? The company has two partners, Sam and John. Both come from a technology background and both are MS and experienced in almost same domain....

asked Aug 8 '12 at 20:28
Blank
Gpuguy
102 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.61K Views
Can I get away with being a mediocre programmer in a games start-up?

I have managed to get myself a job as a graduate programmer in a games studio developing AAA games - but just barely. I was hired more for my ideas than anything else - frankly, I think they made a...

asked Mar 20 '12 at 21:06
Blank
Sir Yakalot
123 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.85K Views
It is possible to startup a sucessful software company without being a programmer?

the idea is simple. How to execute, i don't know. I have an idea for a software. Very good and simple idea, and I think it's simple to execute too. This software can bring to life a new company. I...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 12:25
Blank
H 7
133 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
How do you handle lead developers who seem independently entrepreneurial?

In a startup, how do you deal with the main programmers, who are good in communication/designing and seem independently entrepreneurial? How do you get to work for you and not compete with the...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Parmanand
9 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
When Hope becomes Delusion -- what do you do?

We all know how important it is to remain positive. In the face of insurmountable odds, the strong are those that are able to see the potential, the positive and the path to success. The...

asked May 24 '11 at 02:10
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
What would you spend 15 minutes a day of "Social Media" on?

I work in the B2B market. Many of our clients are owned and managed by the entrepreneur or owner. These are not high-tech companies. They make things, they manufacture, they develop, they produce...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.45K Views
What matters in leading a company?

I'm wondering, what are the main skills, knowledge, etc. for a founder/ceo/leader of the startup (this may actually refer to an already "made" company)? Does age matter or is it the thoughtfulness...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 19:18
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.37K Views
If you were to choose an Enterprenur as a partner what qualities do you prefer to see in them?

what would be your selection criteria. The qualities of an enterprenur are written everywhere would that be enough for you? Is there anything you know as a quality that an enterprenur should...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 19:23
Blank
Francis Eager
38 points

10 Votes
19 Answers
8.07K Views
What are the top 3 skills or characteristics that every entrepreneur should have?

Entrepreneurs tend to have great ideas but struggle to bring them to life. This seems to be partly due to not having the right skills to move beyond the idea and into the marketplace. Am I off base...

asked Nov 8 '09 at 01:13
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points