Market Questions

3 Votes
5 Answers
70K Views
What does "route to market" mean?

I am new to being an entrepreneur and still pretty young. I was asked what my 'route to market' is. What is the definition of this? Is it how I bring my product to a point of a sale?

asked Sep 9 '11 at 19:34
Blank
Dex Curl
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Which is a larger opportunity: mobile games or SaaS software?

I'm trying to figure out which idea to work on and have a list of several social games (some mobile) that I can build and a few ideas for B2B Saas software products.Which would you say is the...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 20:25
Blank
Janet Caldwell
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Which markets are ripe for disruption?

Which segments would you say have gone stale for far too long and ripe for disruption?

asked Mar 21 '14 at 11:55
Blank
Everett Vangundy
50 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
The Necessity of a Niche?

I understand that it is accepted as dogma that a small business needs to have a niche to be successful (in my particular case, with respect to web design). However, I've only read...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 04:34
Blank
Mentok
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Is my market size estimation correct?

I made a quick calculation on my market size based on varous articles I found online, and came to the conclusion that my target market (Wordpress development) is a multi-billion dollar a year...

asked Jul 18 '13 at 01:45
Blank
user1721135
182 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Crowdsource Market Research

I have an idea for a business and would like to test the brand name. The business will be related to Crowdfunding and to that aim i would like crowd involvement in every aspect of the business...

asked Oct 23 '12 at 21:09
Blank
Mark Regan
6 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Just Released First App... Promotion Help

I am relatively new to programming. I have been programming with Java and Android for about 2 years now and just recently released my first app to the Google Play app store. I have passed the word...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 03:11
Blank
Jason Crosby
123 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
How do you indentify what type of adoptor a person is?

Looking at how someone uses an existing products/services, is there a way to tell what sort of adopter they are in the adoption curve for a new market? If so how, and what is the source for this...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 13:09
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

-3 Votes
4 Answers
2.21K Views
Does 20,000 free downloads mean at least 10,000 paid sales?

I have found certain shareware software products have large number of downloads. My question is if there are some 20,000 free downloads, how many of the downloaders would have actually bought and...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 20:43
Blank
Techno
128 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
A few technical, non-sales guys would like to know "Where to start from ?'

We have an idea and a proof of concept, the idea is pretty specific to stealthy debuggin and binary code analysis . The problem is that we are pure technical guys, we don't know the market and...

asked May 17 '12 at 04:39
Blank
Dot Dot
6 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.51K Views
How Can I Promote my Translator Android App?

I recently created an Android App. It translates thousands of frequently used words from each language. When I started learning Dutch with a friend of mine, he suggested it would be great to have...

asked Feb 26 '12 at 07:55
Blank
Balkrishna Rawool
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
How to tap an existing market?

I've built a site to review & rate beers. It needs some further work & improvements, but I got it out the door. Better to release than to polish to perfection. There are a number of...

asked Feb 29 '12 at 08:56
Blank
Marshall
113 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
How to determine fees to charge sellers on marketplace?

I'm working on building a fee structure for a website marketplace that allows buyers to purchase frrom third party sellers. Similar to ebay... So I must charge sellers a fee for their final value...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 04:18
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Is SMB a more difficult market to target than other segments?

I'm currently in the process of building a business of my own based on selling an enterprise software. My product can be seen as a general purpose enterprise tool but I could also make it specific...

asked Dec 6 '11 at 08:40
Blank
Andreea Barroca
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
How do I find out how big the market is?

I see it come up over and over again, like this is a 2$ billion market, we are in a 3$ billion market, etc... Where do you find this data? I've been searching and it's really hard to google...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 02:43
Blank
User14339
15 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.57K Views
What are the most profitable software niches?

I am looking to develop a software product as a side project, and I want to target a specific niche to lower the customer acquisition costs. I couldn't find relevant results on Google -does anyone...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 11:02
Blank
Bruno Ligutti
126 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
how to describe and market web applications creation service to Internet newbies

I am a web applications programmer and having created web applications for education, health and private investigations industries and seeing the value in doing this, I feel I am ready to start my...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 22:15
Blank
Angus
5 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
Strategy to raise money for smaller market size

We have a niche business for a particular industry but with very good domain expertise and traction. We have a few hundred enterprise customers and over 10 paying enterprise customers after just a...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 00:11
Blank
Kleine2
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Should the time devoted to development be proportional to the market share?

Should the time spent on developing a new software product be proportional to the market share of the platform? For example, if Android is 50% of the market share and Apple is 25%, then for every 2...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 14:48
Blank
Jo Jo
148 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
How Do I Define and Research a Market and Estimate Market Share

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. In this question and answer, we will discuss place, which...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 23:45
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points